[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest Wacky.ddw

Link2SD is making me want to pull my hair out!!!

I never had any problems with link2sd till i upgraded to atomic v4, if i flash to any other ROM or atomic version link2sd works just fine. Could you PLEASE look into this. I have bin having troubles with it for days now i explained in the link2sd topic from page 5 to the last page.

Link2SD is making me want to pull my hair out!!!

I never had any problems with link2sd till i upgraded to atomic v4, if i flash to any other ROM or atomic version link2sd works just fine. Could you PLEASE look into this. I have bin having troubles with it for days now i explained in the link2sd topic from page 5 to the last page.

Use darktremos script it works good for me.

The good thing about darktremors is you flash it in recovery then it works by itself,you can forget all about it. :)

Guest Wacky.ddw

Use darktremos script it works good for me.

The good thing about darktremors is you flash it in recovery then it works by itself,you can forget all about it. :)

darktremos??? Could you please link me up when i search google it doesnt get any clearer what darktremos is.

If you mean darktremor its a app like link2sd but called apps2sd? If i install that can i just restore my backup and mount the second partition or do i need to partition AGAIN?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Sure,here you go:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=715940

Its in Nexus one thread,but just ignore that,its the same script.

Darktremors is apps2sd but it does all the work for you.

Existing A2SDGUI

Could not start for one of these reasons:

1. Your device is not rooted

2.A2SD Script could not be found

3. No EXT partition found

Im sure it has nothing to do with link2sd or darktremor. It has something to do with the partition becomming read only or something like that everytime i restore a atomic v4 nandroid.

Its not like im retarded and doing anything wrong with the settings. I tried making the ext partition ext2 ext3 fat32 it always results in the same a read only external partition or even worse a partition thats not found.

Like i said restoring any other backup restores the link2sd settings with it

hi!! im installing to install this ROM but,

what is the correct form to donwload this ROM?, there are too many zips what is the means of all download, i suposse that are widgets, i dont know, help please

Guest Wacky.ddw

hi!! im installing to install this ROM but,

what is the correct form to donwload this ROM?, there are too many zips what is the means of all download, i suposse that are widgets, i dont know, help please

LINK v4.0 >DOWNLOAD< FINAL RELEASE

Thats the only one you need.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

@ dibbles

That's very odd. I had my phone on charge until around 1:30am last night and it's now 4pm and the phones still at 100% battery with WiFi forced on via Trillian.

As I said earlier, I'm currently testing the other kernel but I can give you some details about my setup.

• Disable GPS
  • Set the network mode to GSM only (I use WiFi as theres no 3G coverage here)
  • Use the noop I/O scheduler and ondemand governor
  • Create a profile in SetCPU for screen off with the min at 122MHz and max at 245MHz, 100% priority and governor as ondemand
  • Install Timeriffic and create a profile to set the brightness to 30% Monday to Sunday at 8am
  • Create a second action in Timeriffic that sets the brightness to 4% Monday to Sunday at 1:30am (or earlier if you're not using the phone that late)
  • Get a program to manage your startup applications, I use Autostarts, and disable some things that you don't require after startup e.g. No-frills CPU control, ColorNote, Email, Maps, Link2SD, Skype, Trillian

Edited by H3ROS

Guest robneymcplum

When you say 'autostarts' does that mean if you turn your phone off and then on, a la windows start-ups? I dont turn my phone off so 'logically' once they are stopped they wont come back on and rinse battery right?.....right.....

Edited by robneymcplum

@ robneymcplum

Pretty much. Some also get triggered by different events but you can disable them too. You've just got to be careful and not disable something that's actually required.

Looking at the market theres some free alternatives, but I've never tried any of them.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest dibbles

@ dibbles

That's very odd. I had my phone on charge until around 1:30am last night and it's now 4pm and the phones still at 100% battery with WiFi forced on via Trillian.

As I said earlier, I'm currently testing the other kernel but I can give you some details about my setup.

• Disable GPS
  • Create a profile in SetCPU for screen off with the min at 122MHz and max at 245MHz, 100% priority and governor as ondemand
  • Install Timeriffic and create a profile to set the brightness to 30% Monday to Sunday at 8am
  • Create a second action in Timeriffic that sets the brightness to 4% Monday to Sunday at 1:30am (or earlier if you're not using the phone that late)
  • Get a program to manage your startup applications, I use Autostarts, and disable some things that you don't require after startup e.g. No-frills CPU control, ColorNote, Email, Maps, Link2SD, Skype, Trillian

It is indeed odd, glad that you took the time to read the post as I too arrived at that conclusion.!

The biggest battery drops were overnight and yet no partial wakes noted.

All the apps you noted had been removed as I used SetCPU to control both over and underclocking. I had the screen off profile set as you noted.

Brightness was not an issue - with an overnight drain.

I did have the data turned off - I do not use it.

The GPS was left on, albeit it never activated itself - according to the battery stats.

Idid not think about using 2G coverage only - but then again the Elitemovil has the 3g symbol there all the time and it is fine.

I'm back with the Elitemovil ROM with my phone, although I did not like having to partition the SD card for the cache and EXT partition. The battery life seems to be as good as I would expect with very little unexpected drain.

Yet this Atomic version 4 ROM works really well with my wife's phone, as noted.

Strange how some things seem to behave so differently on one phone over another in a very similar configuration.

Edited by dibbles

Guest robneymcplum

Ive said all along, some models are different. Ive had two, one from day one and one from this morning. New one has a better screen response, no 'hidden camera' etc.... some people cant get some roms to work etc.... there must be differences we dont know about somehow....

Guest dibbles

Prior to having this phone we both had a San Fran. We also both have the same tablet, a Advent Vega. Each of them behave different to the other when flashing the same ROM etc.

It would be easy to dismiss some peoples issues as being down to their own inexperience and knowledge etc but I now understand that differences in the hardware can also be a contributing factor.

Guest JThumar

How do u set noop using setcpu? And if u use nofrills how it works if disabled on startup?

@ dibbles

• Disable GPS

If you've added the new kernel then I think it defaults to noop, at least that's what no-frills says. So if it says you're using noop then set up the rest in SetCPU :)

About 20 mins ago my battery did drop to 99% so it was at 100% with WiFi on in standby for over 19 hours. And I know WiFi was active because I was getting Gmail alerts as well as some messages on Trillian. I'm not sure if it's due to the kernel or because I charged it from the mains instead of USB, but this is the longest it's ever lasted.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest JThumar

Did you use screen or not?

If you've added the new kernel then I think it defaults to noop, at least that's what no-frills says. So if it says you're using noop then set up the rest in SetCPU :)

About 20 mins ago my battery did drop to 99% so it was at 100% with WiFi on in standby for over 19 hours. And I know WiFi was active because I was getting Gmail alerts as well as some messages on Trillian. I'm not sure if it's due to the kernel or because I charged it from the mains instead of USB, but this is the longest it's ever lasted.

To look at the emails and messages yes, but then I let it turn itself off and went about my day.

The test I'm doing at the moment is simply to see how long the phone can function for when in standby with the Atomic ROM and my tweaks in place. Usage is minimal so I won't be opening the browser or playing music yet, but that is my next test. For me personally though I don't use the browser much on my phone since I have a PC and a notebook, and any information I may want to look at I get via Gmail.

Edited by H3ROS

@ tillaz

That'd be me, due to the extra options.

I would test it right this minute, but then I'd have to abandon my battery test. I will soon though :D Thanks!

EDIT:

OK, I think it's fair to say that the test would take a very long time as I've only lost 2% battery through the whole day.

screenshot1327363917220.png

I applied the MMS app and everythings working great! It looks really good if you set it to have a black background as it fits in with the theme perfectly :D

Edited by H3ROS

Guest vincenhe

Hello. I'm a fresher of Android system mobile phone and Thanks for your great Rom of Atomic 4.

This my first trail of flashing a custom Rom and it feels smooth and beautiful.

But I've got some problems.

1. Some Apps or software will stop or close itself secretly. For example an App called Weixin which is used to sending and receiving SMS online like Skype.

After running two or three hours in the back (i.e. I went to class leaving the mobile alone). Then the App will stop itself sometime (and disappear from the list of "Apps running" in the monitor. Then I should start it again manually.

This also happen always to the Set CPU. Although I successfully set the CPU min and max frequency, even if I set the max as 806 which is default, the Set CPU app will disappear from the running Apps list sometime secretly. So I don't know whether the Set CPU is working now or not or the CPU actual frequency now.

And if I tick the "Notification" in the bottom of the set CPU, the mobile will crash in several minutes. The mobile will be stuck and none of the button work and I've to put out the battery and reboot.

2. The Apps stopping problem also happen to the Link2SD but the Facebook and UCWeb browser ect. runs well and stably.

Does it matter if I did not flash the Root? Because I suppose the Rom of Atomic includes Root in it and I just unlock the SIM lock and then flash the Atomic.

3. About the Link2SD. I follow your link and step to Link the software to the SD card. But the Apps main programs are still in the internal rom. And it is report it that I just had 96MB empty space in total for the software. Is it normal or not?

And should I move my Apps main program to the SD card to release more space for the internal software? I just see an option in Link2SD of move to SD.

And what's the difference between them? and can they be set together at the same time?

Thank you very much.

you could just lock the screen rotation from the status bar widgets, then it wont happen lol

will see if i can find out what is going on with this huh.gif

Would you like me to do some logging?

The problem is that its not just rotate that causes it,even pulling down notifications,or making certain selections.

Do you think it is kernel related? I tried taking out the rotate tweak from build.prop,but that is not the problem.I don't recall this problem in previous versions of atomic though.

edit: in fact it seems pulling down notification bar makes music skip much more intensely.

Edited by Guest

Guest Wacky.ddw

Would you like me to do some logging?

The problem is that its not just rotate that causes it,even pulling down notifications,or making certain selections.

Do you think it is kernel related? I tried taking out the rotate tweak from build.prop,but that is not the problem.I don't recall this problem in previous versions of atomic though.

edit: in fact it seems pulling down notification bar makes music skip much more intensely.

Euhm i dont know about you guys but on the normal atomic4 music is also stutters when im not in the music player, but i dont mind because when im listening to music im 99% of the time on my bicycle so im not doing anything else and the music never stuters. If you use the notifications bar it starts skipping alot.

But if you stay in the music player the screen doesnt even rotate so everything is fine. (This is on stock music player)

If i use google music 4.1 i have excatly the same as the stock music player only i rotate my screen to mutch it even force closes, so i just disable screen rotation.

Also on every android ROM ive had if you put more then 4gb of music at once on the phone you have to open the music player and let it index for 15min because it lags so hard you cant do anything.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest dibbles

@ tillaz

That'd be me, due to the extra options.

I would test it right this minute, but then I'd have to abandon my battery test. I will soon though :D Thanks!

EDIT:

OK, I think it's fair to say that the test would take a very long time as I've only lost 2% battery through the whole day.

screenshot1327363917220.png

I applied the MMS app and everythings working great! It looks really good if you set it to have a black background as it fits in with the theme perfectly :D

I am amazed at how much battery usage you are getting with your phone, unless....

1327480025.jpg

...you have one of those bad boys fitted :D

@ dibbles

Hi, thanks for the info on how you manage better battery life. Can I ask how you set the noop I/O scheduler and ondemand governor on Atomic V4 (without the new posted kernal). I have set everything as you apart from this and asked setcpu to show notifications when using profiles but they arn't notifying so wondered if there were actually working or whether its the noop thats at fault ?

Edited by danz0l

@ dibbles

Well keep in mind that it was a minimal usage test so I only looked at emails I received, messages on trillian and sent a few texts.

I think the key is screen brightness and underclocking to 122MHz when the screens off.

@ danz0l

No-frills has the option. You don't have to apply it every boot and it should stick.

I've only had this result with the new kernel so I can't say if the older one works just as well with the same settings applied.

When profiles and notifications are enabled SetCPU will display the current profile when you pull down the notification bar.

Edited by H3ROS