repartition native gen2

Guest adonwenas

Amphoras thank you for your response.

Unfortunately neither the TPT method nor TPT Helper App were OK.

Both of them stuck on green android logo after vol+ and power (I tried also vol+, menu and power on).

Seems like /system will stay 140mb. Not a big deal, I can live with it.

Guest Amphoras

Were the TPT files definitely in a folder called "image" on the root of the sdcard? If so, do you have another sdcard you could try it with, some don't seem to work properly for some reason?

10x for you willing to help :)

It's OK now, I'll describe it, may be it can help someone else.

Yes, the zip was uncompressed in /sdcard/image folder and the checksums were OK. BUT the flashing was unsuccessful.

All that was with using my 8GB a-data memory card. Then I replaced it with 2GB Kingston and it worked as a charm from the very first time. Now I remember that I had the same problem few months ago.. but I've forgotten it.

So if someone has similar issues upgrading from Gen1 to Gen2 it's a good idea to try with another (may be non sdhc - 2gb is fine) card.

:)

P.S. Now my Nandroid backup has wrong checksum (because of the different partition layout). Take it in mind if you count on restoring the old rom ;)

Edited by _hifi_

..now what can I say.. Amphoras, THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

Used your tpt with a Finnish Saunalahti gen2 blade. First try went straight through the green android back to CM, next took the battery out, put it back, booted with menu + vol-up and tadaa. Restored my backup and everything's just fine! All I have to do now is to find some use for those extra ~60MB in /system.. already have gapps and can't really think of anything usefull ;)

Guest Amphoras

..now what can I say.. Amphoras, THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

Used your tpt with a Finnish Saunalahti gen2 blade. First try went straight through the green android back to CM, next took the battery out, put it back, booted with menu + vol-up and tadaa. Restored my backup and everything's just fine! All I have to do now is to find some use for those extra ~60MB in /system.. already have gapps and can't really think of anything usefull ;)

Nice, glad it worked ok. What size of /system partition would you like and I can make another?

Nice, glad it worked ok. What size of /system partition would you like and I can make another?

If it's not a big thing, 128MB sounds like plenty of room to play with whatever I might end up including in my build of CM7. You made my good week even better.. new job and now this (THE thing I've been waiting for since I got my blade in March!). Thanks again!

Guest Amphoras

If it's not a big thing, 128MB sounds like plenty of room to play with whatever I might end up including in my build of CM7. You made my good week even better.. new job and now this (THE thing I've been waiting for since I got my blade in March!). Thanks again!

Here you go :)

http://dl.dropbox.co...-128sys-tpt.zip

MD5sum: 6f44b3c4d292d079d11b2895b8173e8d

Edited by Amphoras

Guest unrandomsam

If you change the length of a partition, you'll need to change the offsets of the ones after it. Remember that if you increase one partition, you need to decrease another, eg. if you add 10mb to data, you'll need to take 10mb off system (or cache). You shouldn't change the offsets for the oem or persist partitions at the end as they should stay in the same place if you've changed the others correctly.

Pretty sure for most people its a good idea to have OEM as small as possible

(Most roms don't have either the thing enabled to save pictures there if its necessary or the iso that sometimes gets mounted over there).

Guest Amphoras

Pretty sure for most people its a good idea to have OEM as small as possible

(Most roms don't have either the thing enabled to save pictures there if its necessary or the iso that sometimes gets mounted over there).

Didn't know whether the Chinese Blades used it or not, so thought it was better to just leave it than change it and maybe have problems.

Here you go :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41652192/TPT%20Helper/Gen2-128sys-tpt.zip

MD5sum: 8ed7b72606b804b8331e68e411fd98b1

:D

edit: btw, there's no "image" directory in this .zip, so if anyone else will try it out, first make a directory called "image" in the root of your sdcard and then copy the files there.

post-861457-0-52274500-1318700971_thumb.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Amphoras

:D

edit: btw, there's no "image" directory in this .zip, so if anyone else will try it out, first make a directory called "image" in the root of your sdcard and then copy the files there.

Whoops, fixed it now.

• 1 year later...
Guest ochentay4

DONE!!!

Now I have my 256RAM Blade (native gen2, probably v880) repartitioned as:

SYSTEM 160Mb

DATA 222Mb

All other partitions w/o changes.

Thanx again.rolleyes.gif

Wow thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for! Could you explain how to apply this image.bin on my ZTE Blade V880 Chinese Unicom phone?