TurboSIM unlocks the OMC!!

Guest tilal6991

Guest CyberSurfer

Sorry chaps was hoping to have some good news for you but no luck - the sim below does not work

i-SMARTPHONE UNIVERSAL TURBO SIM UNLOCK FOR USE WITH MOST MOBILE PHONES

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270828479289

Is it possible to get a heads up for when g-g-gadgets gets stock in ?

Dave

PS Anyone think this one will work ?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XSIM-V4-Unlock-any-mobile-phone-WHOLESALE-/170697208363

Edited by CyberSurfer

Guest PraveenVS

I received the turbo sim, which i ordered from ebay (g-g-gadgets) today ..And the sim didn't work on my Giffgaff .. and i tried on other locked handsets with different sim cards as well, but no success ..

I think i might have to wait for one more month and get the unlocking code from Orange :(

Guest Chris Type R

I also received my SIM today and trying to get this to work with GiffGaff.

The phone displays an R above the signal to indicate roaming.

Can dial out, but not in.

Created APNs disappear when the MCC = 234 or MNC = 10 (Can't remember which setting - think the latter)

I haven't tried the PIN programming method - has anyone tried this and determined which setting might work with OMC and Giffgaff ?

Chris

Guest glossywhite

I received the turbo sim, which i ordered from ebay (g-g-gadgets) today ..And the sim didn't work on my Giffgaff .. and i tried on other locked handsets with different sim cards as well, but no success ..

I think i might have to wait for one more month and get the unlocking code from Orange :(

I also received my SIM today and trying to get this to work with GiffGaff.

The phone displays an R above the signal to indicate roaming.

Can dial out, but not in.

Created APNs disappear when the MCC = 234 or MNC = 10 (Can't remember which setting - think the latter)

I haven't tried the PIN programming method - has anyone tried this and determined which setting might work with OMC and Giffgaff ?

Chris

Do you guys realise that the X-SIM IV needs programming before you use it? You can't just slide it in and expect it to work. Have you activated your (proper) SIM pin number, and set it to 1234? Read the instructions?

Have to ask these things :)

TURBO SIM is programmed with the code 0032 by default, however sometimes you may need to programme the TURBO SIM with one of the other codes found below, this depends on which Phone you want to use where a different code will be needed for the TURBO SIM to connect with that phone.

How to programme the TURBO SIM:

Important! First you need to change your sim cards pin number to 1234 and Activate (turn on) pin code request from within the phone settings.

(Note: You must know your sim cards original pin number before you can change it because your phone will ask you to confirm it before you can set the new pin )

For example if the sim cards original pin number is 0000 go into your phones settings and change it to 1234(you may need to use a phone that the sim card already works with to do the change)

Warning! Don't try to guess your pin number, entering the wrong pin number more than 3 times will block your sim card and you will need to contact your provider for a PUK code to unblock it before you can use it again!

Once you have set your sim cards pin number to1234 and pin code request is turned on please do as follows:

Place your sim card with the pin you just set as 1234 together with TURBO SIM and insert then into your locked phone then power on.

Phone should now be asking to enter code, please enter one of the codes below (for example if your phone is Nokia E61 use code 0001)

Phone should accept the code and now load to the main screen, please allow a few seconds for your phone to search and find network.

Turbo Sim Programming Codes:

0000 NOKIA BB5, LG, Sony Ericsson, SAMSUNG...ETC

0001 NOKIA N80, E61

0002 SHARP 920

0003 NOKIA DCT4/WD2/DCT3, ZTE, HUAWEI, SONY ERICSSON, LG, N70, N91, SHARP, SOFTBANK, TOSHIBA

0004 SHARP 770SH, LG, SONY ERICSSON, HTC, ETC...

0005 SHARP 904, SAGEM, BLACKBERRY, SONY_ERICSSON, HTC ...ETC

0014 LGU970

0031 (Universal)

0032 NOKIA BB5, LG, SAMSUNG, BLACKBERRY, E51, E90, N73-2, N82, N95, SIDEKICK, SONY ERICSSON, iPhone 2G Version 2.0, Samsung F480, HTC HD2

0033 NOKIA N80, HUAWAI,

0036 TOSHIBA, SAMSUNG...ETC

0037 NOKIA BB5, N73, LG, Sony Ericsson, SAMSUNG...ETC

0038 sagem my 600v2

0039 vodafone 810, VODAFONE, ETC...

0040 vodafone 810-Gigi_kent, N82, VODAFONE

0041 N95 8GB, 6120, N73, N76, N82, V3XX, V8, HTC, SAMP910, LG U960, BlackBerry, Motorola, N75, SAMSUNG, SONY ERICSSON, HUAWAI

0042 ZTE-F230, HW 120, LG U250, U450i, U990, KU990, LG-KE770, BlackBerry, E61, E90, 2760, 7390, NOKIA DCT4, SAGEM, SAMSUNG, VODAFONE, ALCATEL

0043 MY600V, SAGEM, SAMSUNG,

0044 LG, KU990, KU580, U370, U310, U990

0045 W200i, SONY ERICSSON,

0047 SHARP 770SH, XDA

0048 LG U400

0049 N80, E61, HW U1220, HUAWAI

0063 (Universal) Samsung M300

0095 (Universal)

0096 Sharp, ZTE, huawei...

0100 SHARP 804, LG, SHARP, SONY ERICSSON, NEC

0160 NOKIA BB5, LG, SAMSUNG...ETC

0163 SHARP 804 SHARP 770GOBI

0164 NOKIA BB5, LG, Sony Ericsson, SAMSUNG...ETC

0167 (Universal)

If you don't see your phone listed above please try each code above one by one starting with 0000 until success! (Please Note: be sure your phone is supported by the x-sim, you can check if your phone is supported by clicking on the supported phones list above)

In other news...

---------------------

Just saw an envelope on the stairs with LOTS of stamps and a pre-paid label on it... I thought "yipeee! my turboSIM!"... but it turned out to be a giffgaff micro SIM I ordered. Deflated for a few mins LOL! :P

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Chris Type R

Do you guys realise that the X-SIM IV needs programming before you use it? You can't just slide it in and expect it to work. Have you activated your (proper) SIM pin number, and set it to 1234? Read the instructions?

Yes, I'm hoping to establish if someone knows which code to use - I suspect it might be 0096... but hoping for a definitive answer.

These urls may be useful to giffgaffers who need a PUK code and how to enter: http://giffgaff.com/support/puk and http://android.modaco.com/topic/318970-access-point-name-apn-settings-for-uk-mobile-network-providers/page__st__40

Edited by Chris Type R

Guest glossywhite

Yes, I'm hoping to establish if someone knows which code to use - I suspect it might be 0096... but hoping for a definitive answer.

These urls may be useful to giffgaffers who need a PUK code and how to enter: http://giffgaff.com/support/puk and http://android.modac...rs/page__st__40

Why not try them all, one by one? Won't take that long!

Guest Chris Type R

Why not try them all, one by one? Won't take that long!

Because someone may have a working setup and know the answer ? Also, I don't know if the symptoms being shown will be resolved by the code change.

Tried 0003, 0042, 0096 so far.

Edited by Chris Type R

Guest glossywhite

Because someone may have a working setup and know the answer ? Also, I don't know if the symptoms being shown will be resolved by the code change.

Tried 0003, 0042, 0096 so far.

By the time they tell you the code, IF they know, you could have tried all the codes, and probably found the one you need. :)

Hey guys, I got my turbosim this morning...at first I thought I got a letter until I realised a sim was attached to it (looks cheap and fragile) :) I tried the turbosim with my o2 sim and its works, I read a few posts back and I also have an 'A' or an 'R' near the signal bar, I guess I need to re-program the turbosim?

Guest putbinoot

Got gg-gadgets/A1 micros turbo sim, put in phone with giffgaff sim and no joy. Activated sim lock on another phone and on OMC put turbo and giffgaff back in and put code 0096 in accepted by phone and get 2bars with R above, I can make calls out but can't get any in. Showing as registered on o2 network. Anybody able to receive calls.

update

Under about phone , phone number is unknown so that maybe why we can't receive calls as it's been unable to register phone number onto network.

Tried programming the net work number and phone code ie 23410 + 0096 but it would not accept it.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest Chris Type R

Got gg-gadgets/A1 micros turbo sim, put in phone with giffgaff sim and no joy. Activated sim lock on another phone and on OMC put turbo and giffgaff back in and put code 0096 in accepted by phone and get 2bars with R above, I can make calls out but can't get any in. Showing as registered on o2 network. Anybody able to receive calls.

Same as mine.

Tried so far 0000, 0003, 0031, 0032, 0042, 0049, 0095, 0096.

Guest putbinoot

Hey guys, I got my turbosim this morning...at first I thought I got a letter until I realised a sim was attached to it (looks cheap and fragile) :) I tried the turbosim with my o2 sim and its works, I read a few posts back and I also have an 'A' or an 'R' near the signal bar, I guess I need to re-program the turbosim?

Navie can you receive calls.

Let me check, I put my Orange sim back in, will update you.

I just called from my landline to my mobile and yes...I am able to receive calls, haven't tested mobile calls though.

No what i mean is can you receive calls when you have your O2 sim in.

Yes...I just called from my landline to my mobile with the o2 simcard in and so...I am able to receive calls, haven't tested mobile calls though.

Edited by Navie

Guest Chris Type R

update

Under about phone , phone number is unknown so that maybe why we can't receive calls as it's been unable to register phone number onto network.

Tried programming the net work number and phone code ie 23410 + 0096 but it would not accept it.

Why 23410 ? My understanding is that you use the code for the operator that your handset is locked to, so 23433 or 23434 for Orange UK?

Guest philmein

my giffgaff sim has always said phone number is unknown even when i used it in my blade but if i put a say vodafone sim in the blade the phone number shown up

Guest philmein

anybody had any luck yet im trying a different rom see if that makes a difference

ill try mcr pauls first

Edited by philmein

Guest putbinoot

GiffGaff

0096= can call - can't rec call - can text - can't rec text - no 3g--- But can send text to myself.

0005= can call - can't rec call - can text - can't rec text - no 3g--- But can send text to myself.

0167= ask for network unlock code.

Edited by putbinoot