[DEV] Official ZTE Libra Gingerbread (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

I was actually browsing through ZTE website looking for ZTE Skate TPTs (and also found few :)) and I accidentally found this. I have to say I was honestly surprised when I found out what it was. It's a image.bin update for ZTE Libra in Moldova(!!).

http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/Moldova/

http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/Moldova/Moldova_SoftWare/201109/P020110913632559206355.zip

Mirrored here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8d2r2ft8jbcdd2c

Few lines from build.prop:

ro.build.id=GRJ22
ro.build.display.id=ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B01
ro.build.version.incremental=eng..20110826.053413
ro.build.version.sdk=10
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.3.5
ro.build.date=Fri Aug 26 05:41:18 HKT 2011
ro.build.baseband_version=P729B01
ro.build.software_version=ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B01
ro.build.sw_internal_version=4G4G_GB_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B13
[/code]

There are reports that everything works after flashing the image.bin update. Flashing the ROM part of this update (without the new radio firmware) has pretty much all the same problems as the leaked gingerbread had at the beginning. List of things that are broken:

-RIL

-Mobile data

-GPS

-Random touchscreen freezes after sleep

-Camera (can't connect to camera)

-maybe more...

and it's odexed.

Kernel config.gz is attached below. Differences to leaked kernel config are few things related to touchscreen and camera. This kernel should (hopefully) fix camera issue for Libra owners. File was uploaded almost a month ago (13.9.) and ZTE still hasn't released source code for this kernel.

config.gz

Edited by KonstaT

Guest hecatae

well I'm sorry to disappoint you Konstat

but ril and data work for me

just updated my gen2 sweden generic flashed blade with the image.bin

camera works as well

and it correctly detected my oled display

edit: gps works

I think we should call this gen3

different amss.mbn and ril

Oh and I was gen2 via windows flash http://www.mediafire.com/?4s0x34slusxb8sv (thanks hedgepigdaniel) , so I could use the image.bin

so anyone who is gen2 by tpt cant flash this at present

Guest KonstaT

well I'm sorry to disappoint you Konstat

but ril and data work for me

just updated my gen2 sweden generic flashed blade with the image.bin

camera works as well

and it correctly detected my oled display

edit: gps works

I think we should call this gen3

different amss.mbn and ril

It's not dissapointing at all. :)

I haven't flashed the whole firmware package. I don't even have "real" gen2 phone to flash image.bin anyway. I've just extracted the ROM and flashed it to my TPT gen2 updated phone.

Sorry no gen3, it's still gen2.

Guest hecatae

It's not dissapointing at all. :)

I haven't flashed the whole firmware package. I don't even have "real" gen2 phone to flash image.bin anyway. I've just extracted the ROM and flashed it to my TPT gen2 updated phone.

Sorry no gen3, it's still gen2.

yup mr pigfish says gen2

next question, how are we going to root this?

Guest Dangel-81

as a long-awaited new thing and that's it) flashed hmm .... in the device information says blade :mellow:

Edited by Dangel-81

Guest KonstaT

yup mr pigfish says gen2

next question, how are we going to root this?

Well, you might be sort of right with that gen3 thing. Maybe it should be called gen2.5 or something since the kernel base address is the same as gen2 but the radio firmware seems to be different.

Have you noticed any benefits from having the new radio firmware? Maybe better luck with the HSUPA this time around? ;)

Have you got clockworkmod installed? Could you try flashing the original unmodified leaked gingerbread:

http://hotfile.com/dl/121320006/ce55b1f/GB_blade_signed_061311.zip.html

From burstlam's thread.

If I'm not completely mistaken it should work "out of the box" with this new radio firmware? How about flashing e.g. CM7 after flashing this image.bin (boots, but with similar symptoms as described in the first post)?

No HSUPA on 3UK

I did

1 Fake Gen 2 - Gen 1-TPT-v2-stock

2 OUKB20-stock-TPT

3 Blade Gen 1 - Gen 2 Windows Update

4 Flash Clockwork Mod 4.0.15 for Gen2

5 Zte Blade 2.3.5 Official

6 Flash Clockwork Mod 4.0.15 for Gen 2.5

7 Libra 2.3.5-root-deodex-only

Orange San Fransisco OLED + Orange San Fransisco LCD

I tested it at Step 5 and 7 not that it would make any diff

Edited by Shonk

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Getting hsupa on t-mobile. Think we need to call this gen3

If ROMs are compatible with Gen2, it would seem unnecessarily confusing to call it Gen3. Are you sure about HSUPA? Are you using a blade or Libra? screenshot?

If ROMs are compatible with Gen2, it would seem unnecessarily confusing to call it Gen3.

Other roms aren't compatible with the new amss.mbn & this rom isn't compatible with older amss.mbn versions

List of things that are broken:

-RIL

-Mobile data

-GPS

Also, I already called it gen3, you're too late.

Guest imontov

Hello Thank you very much! Turned back to the backup. But ... tell me please, or poke his nose. I can not in any way to flash the firmware on the official Portuguese Android 2.2FRY_P733NV1.0.0B04 through. Exe. I have a Libra gen2 2.2. (error message) Thank you very much. Native firmware was ZTE Libra Android 2.2 LIFERU_P733NV1.0.0B02

Guest Akash P

Hello Thank you very much! Turned back to the backup. But ... tell me please, or poke his nose. I can not in any way to flash the firmware on the official Portuguese Android 2.2FRY_P733NV1.0.0B04 through. Exe. I have a Libra gen2 2.2. (error message) Thank you very much. Native firmware was ZTE Libra Android 2.2 LIFERU_P733NV1.0.0B02

Well, that is because by flashing this rom (Official ZTE GB) you have converted to Gen 3 (or whatever new name is given to it), Wheras your Backup (Android 2.2) will work on only Gen 2 Blade.. I advice you to downgrade to Gen 2.. Try using TPT method.

Edited by Akash P

Guest Amphoras

Wondering if there is a way to make a TPT using this that will work on Gen 1 phones to convert them to Gen 3, like wbaw did with the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs. I tried flashing the amss.mbn, amsshd.mbn, partition_zte.mbn, appsboot.mbn and appsboothd.mbn files from this with Gen 1 versions of the other files with a Gen 2 CWM, but when it should have booted into recovery, I just got a load of flashing lines on the screen. Flashing one of the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs put it back to normal.

I find this rom very slow, whole UI is painfully slow, battery life is the worst one I saw anywhere, barelly can last for 1 day. Fully charged at night, at 4pm it`s empty. WTF ?!

I flashed it by memory card, from About, System Update. Before I was on Official Play 2.2.2 ROM by windows flash.

What`s yours speed?

Guest hecatae

I find this rom very slow, whole UI is painfully slow, battery life is the worst one I saw anywhere, barelly can last for 1 day. Fully charged at night, at 4pm it`s empty. WTF ?!

I flashed it by memory card, from About, System Update. Before I was on Official Play 2.2.2 ROM by windows flash.

What`s yours speed?

how long have you been running this rom for?

less than 24 hours and complaining about battery life?