[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Sleep policy setting titles are in this case somewhat misleading. Wifi does disconnect after screen off, but it takes (almost to the second) 15 minutes to do so. This is when wifi sleep policy is set to when screen goes off.

To fix that you have to edit /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db

8. Open settings.db using SQLite Database Browser

9. Click 'Browse Data' tab

10. Select 'secure' in drop down

11. Click 'New Record'

12. Double click boxes to edit Name = wifi_idle_ms value = 30000 Click Apply Changes // I set mine to 30 seconds

13. Close and Save database

Edited by JHdD

Guest gueschmid

Hallo,

i think, here is everything working fine.

The WLAN issue is solved i think. Wenn I wake up the phone, the WLAN is not immedatly back, it took a few seconds. Good.

Thanks

gueschmid

Guest eirlysbill1

@ KonstaT,

Great job on this rom. I loaded the the full whack with all mods, last week. I think its great, thanks for making a smooth Gingerbread rom that is accessible to mainstream users. I realise there are other 2.3 roms out there, but I'm glad I tried your's first. Because, I think I found a gem.

Kiitos paljon,

Bill

Guest KonstaT

@ KonstaT,

Great job on this rom. I loaded the the full whack with all mods, last week. I think its great, thanks for making a smooth Gingerbread rom that is accessible to mainstream users. I realise there are other 2.3 roms out there, but I'm glad I tried your's first. Because, I think I found a gem.

Kiitos paljon,

Bill

Thanks. :)

Does that mean RLS5 is suitable for Blade Gen1? Anyone tried on Blade Gen1 now?

Yes, it's suitable for gen1 devices also. I TPT'd back to gen1 and tested it, so it works for sure.

Guest KonstaT

This is the one with updated kernel. What major differences does this kernel have as compared to your default kernel?

This ROM comes with custom built kernel (see kernel info section in the first post). In addition to that there are now two optional stock kernels - moldovan and malaysian. I just added this for testing purposes.

There are no advantages in this new stock kernel compared to the custom kernel that this ROM comes with - only disadvantages (no overclock, no extra governors, no ext4, no tun, no cifs, etc). It might(?) have better battery performance though, mostly thanks to lack of overclocking (this is still untested of course). Compared to the moldovan stock kernel this one shouldn't break camera or cause random touchscreen freezes after sleep for most users.

Guest R_Bachman

I confirm too that the rom works fine with gen 1 devices.

One problem i found(at least for me) is that when i charge the phone the battery stats won't reset. The phone charges normally(android see it charging) but i still get battery usage 24 hours etc instead of 0.

Rebooting doesn't help. I calibrated my battery again and worked fine, but today it did it again. Any ideas?

Guest emppu67

Sleep policy setting titles are in this case somewhat misleading. Wifi does disconnect after screen off, but it takes (almost to the second) 15 minutes to do so. This is when wifi sleep policy is set to when screen goes off. If you select 'never', it does exactly that. It is a feature of the .35 kernel and in all ROMs using that (e.g. CM7, gsf) wifi behaves the say way.

Sorry, no ad-hoc support. I've tried few patched wpa_supplicant binaries, but none of them worked. If you find a working solution, please share it with other users.

hi,i wonder if u can take the ad-hoc from blade mix 360?,fallenangel said it was implemented in that rom,,

Guest KonstaT

hi,i wonder if u can take the ad-hoc from blade mix 360?,fallenangel said it was implemented in that rom,,

I could if it did, but I can't because it doesn't. There is no ad-hoc support in Blade Rip 360. Only thing fallenangel has modified is the truth or he simply doesn't know what ad-hoc means. I had to install the thing just to to be sure and now my head hurts from all the spinning. :P Don't I feel stupid now...

Guest fallenangel32

I could if it did, but I can't because it doesn't. There is no ad-hoc support in Blade Rip 360. Only thing fallenangel has modified is the truth or he simply doesn't know what ad-hoc means. I had to install the thing just to to be sure and now my head hurts from all the spinning. :P Don't I feel stupid now...

i was confused with tethering,cause i never use ad-hoc

you can try to do it in your? "too much letter" rom

YOU CAN TRY THIS LINKS

and friend i m here trying to improve the BLADE MIX

NOT ARGUING WITH YOU,ITS NOT MY STYLE and it will never be

dont expect me to answer again in these "smart comments"

Edited by fallenangel32

Guest KonstaT

i was confused with tethering,cause i never use ad-hoc

you can try to do it in your? "too much letter" rom

YOU CAN TRY THIS LINKS

and friend i m here trying to improve the BLADE MIX

NOT ARGUING WITH YOU,ITS NOT MY STYLE and it will never be

dont expect me to answer again in these "smart comments"

I was asked to add a feature that you had claimed to be implemented in "your" ROM. I responded to that. I also posted about this issue in your thread, so why is your response here? It was about "your" ROM, not mine.

And please don't ever respond by giving links to files that won't work with ROM posted in this thread.

Guest LegionGomel

Hi! I use this mod and i think it's best, but I have a problem. Proximity sensor isn't working even after a calibration. I bought my blade in october, so maybe it's something hardware difference in sensor module. another problem I already solved - crash application manager in russian lang.

Guest peacanpie

Hi all

Been following this thread for a while, and with so many people saying nice things about this rom, I thought I'd give it a go (replacing my Green rom install).

KonstaT - it's brilliant - thanks so much - very smooth, and battery life seems to be good.

I do have one problem though, which I'm hoping someone can help with.

I can no longer buy apps from the market app. The error occurs when i click on the price of the paid app. The permissions page loads, but with a popup titled 'error' with the text 'an error occurred.Please try again'. Downloading free apps is fine, downloading apps I've already bought is fine, and downloading paid apps from the market on a computer is fine (and download to the phone straight away). I've cleared the market app and market downloader application's cache and data, but no joy.

I've also tried installing version 3.3.11 of the market, and downgrading to 3.1.3 and letting it update to 3.1.5. Same result.

Just in case it helps, I installed the rom by wiping cache, delvik, and data; clockwork installed the rom; and repeated the wipes. I've re-installed the rom a couple of times without doing the second set of wipes.

Any hints most welcome - would really like to fix it because I can see that this is the rom I want to be using :-)

Cheers!

Guest emppu67

sorry,to hear u dont find that, but in nightly 178 that works,i have used that myself,i know it works with that rom,nighty 178,,ps,i asked fallenangel,he said it was in his rom,maybe he lied:)

Edited by emppu67

Guest KonstaT

One problem i found(at least for me) is that when i charge the phone the battery stats won't reset. The phone charges normally(android see it charging) but i still get battery usage 24 hours etc instead of 0.

Have you checked that you've charged your battery to the max. Atleast for me it takes a while after battery reaches 100% for the battery status to turn from charging to full. You can see this from settings -> About device -> Status -> Battery Status. Hope this helps.

Hi! I use this mod and i think it's best, but I have a problem. Proximity sensor isn't working even after a calibration. I bought my blade in october, so maybe it's something hardware difference in sensor module. another problem I already solved - crash application manager in russian lang.

Proximity should work without calibration for most users. Some users might have to calibrate their sensor. Then there is still small number of people whose proximity won't work even after calibration. There might be some usefull information for you somewhere in the depths of cyanogenmod7 thread (sorry, couldn't find the post I mean, even though I searched). You can also try calibrating your proximity by running command 'ztesensortest -c' in terminal.

Russian language application manager crash will be fixed in the next release. It will still crash if you select estonian locale though.

I can no longer buy apps from the market app. The error occurs when i click on the price of the paid app. The permissions page loads, but with a popup titled 'error' with the text 'an error occurred.Please try again'. Downloading free apps is fine, downloading apps I've already bought is fine, and downloading paid apps from the market on a computer is fine (and download to the phone straight away). I've cleared the market app and market downloader application's cache and data, but no joy.

I've also tried installing version 3.3.11 of the market, and downgrading to 3.1.3 and letting it update to 3.1.5. Same result.

Thanks for the info. This happens to me too. You should be able to purchase apps through web version of Android Market as a work around. I have some idea what's causing this and I'm looking into a fix.

Edit. Will be fixed in the next release. And doh, you already confirmed that my suggested work aroud works. I should learn to read. ;)

sorry,to hear u dont find that, but in nightly 178 that works,i have used that myself,i know it works with that rom,nighty 178,,ps,i asked fallenangel,he said it was in his rom,maybe he lied:)

I've also tried wpa_supplicant from n178 and it doesn't work with this ROM either. Every pathed wpa_supplicant I've tried so far crashes the wifi driver. Iirc there never was working solution to include ad-hoc in the leaked gingerbread (gsf, etc) either. If there was (link?), it should work with this ROM too.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest TheManicGibbon

Can you tell me what I need to change to remove the notification power widget from the normal ROM? I want all the transparency and all the things not in the Vanilla ROM, aside from the power widget in the notification area.

Cheers!

Guest R_Bachman

Hi all

Cheers!

Try to set the phone language to English and try to buy an app. I've read it in another forum. Hope it works for you.

I re-installed the rom and everything seem to work great now. The rom is a keeper :) !

Edited by R_Bachman

Guest LegionGomel

Somehow I forced my proximity sensor working) I've flashed GEN3 malaysian rom, which I dont' like, because after this rom it's slow. So I made my phone back to GEN2 and flashed again this rom. And sensor start working without calibration.

This is most smooth rom, and I like it wery much, so I'll stay on it)

Guest KonstaT

Can you tell me what I need to change to remove the notification power widget from the normal ROM? I want all the transparency and all the things not in the Vanilla ROM, aside from the power widget in the notification area.

Cheers!

It's way too tricky to make it that way around. You'd have to do some seriuos smali hacking not to show it and remove all kinds useless stuff. I take that you didn't succeed in adding transparency to that previous SystemUI I gave? Did you use UOT or did you try it manually? I've never added transparency manually to gingerbread ROM, but did once for froyo. It shouldn't be any more diffucult with gb. I can try to do it this weekend if I have time.

Guest LegionGomel

Hi! In your opinion, what governor and i/o is best in this rom to set with no frills cpu for longer battery life and smooth use ?

Edited by LegionGomel

Guest MidaMilunk

HTC Sense theme now available:

http://android.modac...s/#entry1835272

Still working on standard battery mod and things for the ICS theme.

Enjoy :)

I may miss something important, but for me this ruins notification power and power-down button menu! I have had to reinstall (but it was I guess my fault anyway).

I installed after full wipe, RLS5, RLS5-ZTEdialer and this update. No notification power widget, no powerdown menu (power button long press reboots).