[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest peacanpie

Thanks for the info. This happens to me too. You should be able to purchase apps through web version of Android Market as a work around. I have some idea what's causing this and I'm looking into a fix.

Edit. Will be fixed in the next release. And doh, you already confirmed that my suggested work aroud works. I should learn to read. ;)

Fantastic! Thanks KonstaT - I thought I was doing something wrong :-)

Try to set the phone language to English and try to buy an app. I've read it in another forum. Hope it works for you.

Hi - thanks for the suggestion. Language was already set to English (United Kingdom), so I changed to English (Australia), and back again, but it didn't help. Looks like KonstaT is on the case though, and I can definitely live with this for the time being because everything else is spot on!

Guest KonstaT

Updated to RLS6. Added TPT intallation method. All add-ons from RLS5 still work (I've just renamed them).

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS6.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?9nup0uib9uy4gid (mirror)

MD5:7015FA7EF6E5E9D1648AD2BFF8C86FE1

RLS6 changelog:

-new kernel built based on burstlam's newer source (complete source available in the first post)

-updated market

-fixed problem with market when purchasing new apps

-updated no-frills

-fixed force close entering applications -> manage applications when language is set to russian

-few other small tweaks

-system size ~121mb

Vanilla version:

Same as above, except:

-no circle battery mod

-no notification power widget

-no power menu reboot options

-no transparent notification area

-no CRT screen off animation

-default wallpaper

Please don't ask for add-ons to add this or that combination of the above features, I'm not going to make any.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS6-Vanilla.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?vvyzixu3mn576nz

MD5:AC201FB54F3980154782D9EBBC1B84B4

All-in-one TPT installation:

This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This won't work if your phone was sold gen2 or you have used windows tool to update.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS6-TPT.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?2lua8xyaz26e6ua

MD5:836343281DEDFFE9F356C1E5C448C8B3

-updates gen1->gen2

-repartitions system (138mb /system, 315mb /data, 2mb /cache, 0,1mb /oem)

-installs Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS6

-installs ClockWorkMod Recovery 4.0.1.5

-installs classic green android splash screen

TPT instructions:

-Unpack Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS6-TPT.zip to your phones sdcard, so that you have 'image' folder on the root of your sdcard (inside this folder there are many .mbn and .img files).

-Install AFV (Android File Verifier) from market

-Use AFV to check that MD5 matches. Use 'verify nandroid backup' option to check /sdcard/image/nandroid.md5.

-Power off, pull battery out, put battery back in

-Press and hold VOLUME UP and MENU keys while you power on

-You should see green text on your screen. Installation is in progress and you can let go of the keys

-It takes about a minute after which your phone will boot into Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS6 (first boot can take several minutes)

After completed installation, delete/move/rename 'image' folder so that you don't restart TPT by accident.

Guest eirlysbill1

Hi! In your opinion, what governor and i/o is best in this rom to set with no frills cpu for longer battery life and smooth use ?

+1

I'd like to know this too.

Do these settings really matter, or it good enough to run it on the defaults?

Ta, Bill

Guest R_Bachman

If I want to make my own battery mod, just need to upload framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk to UOT, choose battery mod and "cook" it? Thanks.

Yes .

Guest KonstaT

Hi! In your opinion, what governor and i/o is best in this rom to set with no frills cpu for longer battery life and smooth use ?

There are many much better ways to save battery other than governor settings. To save battery, keep minimum setting in 122mhz and take it easy with the overclocking. More time CPU stays on higher frequencies, more battery it consumes.

SmartassV2 governor gives best overall performance IMO and I use it. I/o scheduler doesn't make that great difference in normal use. Some might give few points higher scores in some benchmarks. I think I've tried them all and haven't noticed any signifficant difference. I'm using bfq (default) atm.

Here is pretty comprehensive guide in governors and i/o schedulers:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1242323

Hi again) How can I view contacts on my sim-card without ZTE dialler?

You can import them to your phones memory, but not sure how to view them separately. There are apps in the market for copying contacts back and forth, so maybe one those can view them as well.

KonstaT i have the zte dialer.Do i need a full wipe again ?

Just install RLS6 first and ZTE dialer add-on after that at the same and reboot after that. You should be fine.

Of course I "officially" always recommend full wipe. ;)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest MidaMilunk

Is it possible to modify the behaviour of the auto brightness some way? I do not need it to be configurable, just would like to setup one time. Editing with "vi" is also accepted - even preferable! :)

This is one of the two things I still love in CM7 (the other is the possibility to switch 2G/3G on the power widget) - and it helps a lot! I do not ever modify the settings after the forst time, but the default is just too dark for me!

Guest MidaMilunk

Just flashed over RLS5 (with RLS5-ztedialer)... battery usage FC from settings, or Quick settings.

Anyone to try with a clean install?

After a reboot the FCs has gone! All right now!

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest downloader50

Installed version 6 phone will not obtain IP address so no wireless any ideas anyone

I have tried rebooting both phone and router but no joy

Did a clean install by wiping everything inc going into mounts and storage

Rom is good Looks like it was an issue with the router stuck IP address or something

Edited by downloader50

Guest R_Bachman

Installed it with the zte dialer over rls5 with no wipe. No problems so far. Fast and smooth.

It took its time to load for the first time though. More than the usual fist times. So give it time if it happens.

Guest MidaMilunk

Installed version 6 phone will not obtain IP address so no wireless any ideas anyone

I have tried rebooting both phone and router but no joy

Did a clean install by wiping everything inc going into mounts and storage

WiFi works for me as it used to in RLS5... WPA2

Guest KonstaT

Not sure if it is a knowed bug or not but in the dialer the seperation bar is white and should be grey i think

Yeah, I knew. It's one of those things apktool breaks during decompile/compile. I've changed lockscreen sliders, zoom buttons, etc that also break back to original. Still haven't tracked down which file this is (it's none of the dividers btw). If anyone knows the exact graphic file inside framework-res.apk, I'd appreciate the info. I'm not going hunt it down myself, it's just too small thing for me to care. :P And if it's major issue for someone, it's still grey in the vanilla version. ;)

Guest TheManicGibbon

It's way too tricky to make it that way around. You'd have to do some seriuos smali hacking not to show it and remove all kinds useless stuff. I take that you didn't succeed in adding transparency to that previous SystemUI I gave? Did you use UOT or did you try it manually? I've never added transparency manually to gingerbread ROM, but did once for froyo. It shouldn't be any more diffucult with gb. I can try to do it this weekend if I have time.

I tried UOT and it didn't work, couldn't do it manually because I have still not been able to decompile/recompile any APK. That would be great if you could!

I

Yeah, I knew. It's one of those things apktool breaks during decompile/compile. I've changed lockscreen sliders, zoom buttons, etc that also break back to original. Still haven't tracked down which file this is (it's none of the dividers btw). If anyone knows the exact graphic file inside framework-res.apk, I'd appreciate the info. I'm not going hunt it down myself, it's just too small thing for me to care. :P And if it's major issue for someone, it's still grey in the vanilla version. ;)

I think it's the tab_selected_bar_left.9.png and tab_selected_bar_right.9.png in the framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi

Is this ROM any better than the GSF one?

I have GSF B25 for quite some time now and I'm more or less happy with it (though it sometimes gets "laggy" and I think at least the games run smoother on CM7).

Will upgrading to this one bring a substantial performance boost over GSF ?

Thanks.

Guest downloader50

Hi Konsta

Spare parts won't display battery usage does the rom not include battery stats output

Edited by downloader50

Guest KonstaT

I tried UOT and it didn't work, couldn't do it manually because I have still not been able to decompile/recompile any APK. That would be great if you could!

Here you go. Vanilla versions SystemUI.apk with transparent notification area in flashable zip. Happy theming. :)

Vanilla-SystemUI-transparent.zip

I think it's the tab_selected_bar_left.9.png and tab_selected_bar_right.9.png in the framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi

Thanks for the info. :) Here is fixed framework-res.apk in flashable zip. This will be included if/when there is next release.

framework-res-tabselected.zip

Hi Konsta

Spare parts won't display battery usage does the rom not include battery stats output

I think it's more of a gingerbread thing in general (except CM7). You can use this app instead:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

Guest peacanpie

Went the whole hog and installed the tft.

All good - and my problems with the market are indeed gone.

Great work KonstaT - thanks!

can anyone do the wifi speedtest? thx sorry my english :)

Speedtest.net app on wifi (on a 50mb down, 5mb up service):

ping 72, down: 2.25Mbps, up 4.79Mbps