[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest dirlan2001

hi,

Installation is a charm. Everything works, even my old Jabra BT-headset had no problem. Sygic mumbled something about upgrading, but finally decided to start navigating... LOL

One little glitch : the phone was initially a Mobistar-phone (belgian provider). Half an hour after purchase , I flashed GSF b19. TPT and put another SIM (from Telenet). Up to GSF b27 and (a short test) CM7 , no problems with that. Now suddenly the phone started to show again being a 'Mobistar'. Is it somewhere hardcoded ? Or has it maybe something to see with the IMEI-code, telling the world that it's a 'Mobistar' ?

Cheers,

Dirk

To switch boot animation where should I place the new boot anim?

btw funny thing I've noticed, in Android Market -> My Apps when I selected an App the selection color used to be orange but now it's light blue... Am I the only one, or is it really supposed to be like this and I only noticed now.

Edited by tmmp

Guest KonstaT

hi,

Installation is a charm. Everything works, even my old Jabra BT-headset had no problem. Sygic mumbled something about upgrading, but finally decided to start navigating... LOL

One little glitch : the phone was initially a Mobistar-phone (belgian provider). Half an hour after purchase , I flashed GSF b19. TPT and put another SIM (from Telenet). Up to GSF b27 and (a short test) CM7 , no problems with that. Now suddenly the phone started to show again being a 'Mobistar'. Is it somewhere hardcoded ? Or has it maybe something to see with the IMEI-code, telling the world that it's a 'Mobistar' ?

Cheers,

Dirk

Is this Telenet some virtual provider that is roaming in Mobistar's network? I'm using Saunalahti, which uses Elisa network. Some ROMs display the 'mother' network Elisa instead for some reason.

All RILs libs etc, that are related to that, are identical to gsf so there shouldn't be difference there. Anyone else with similar issue?

To switch boot animation where should I place the new boot anim?

btw funny thing I've noticed, in Android Market -> My Apps when I selected an App the selection color used to be orange but now it's light blue... Am I the only one, or is it really supposed to be like this and I only noticed now.

Put the bootanimation to the usual place /system/media/bootanimation.zip.

Yeah, colors are changed in the latest market (3.3.11). Also app icon is different. I think google is trying to bring Ice Cream Sandwich feel to the market with the light blue coloring.

Guest MidaMilunk

I still have market 3.1... is there a way to trigger the update by hand?

My favourite is still version 2, but oldmarket does not work with this ROM... and 3.1 does not upgrade automatically for some reason.

Guest dirlan2001

Is this Telenet some virtual provider that is roaming in Mobistar's network? I'm using Saunalahti, which uses Elisa network. Some ROMs display the 'mother' network Elisa instead for some reason.

All RILs libs etc, that are related to that, are identical to gsf so there shouldn't be difference there. Anyone else with similar issue?

Hi,

Tnx for the fast reply. And , NO, Telenet isn't a vrtual provider. They used to co-operate with BASE, but have since several years their own network. So even if there's a virtuality in it, it should display 'BASE' instead of 'Mobistar'. My guess is that somewhere in the phone or the IMEI a string forces the phone to be recognized as (original) Mobistar...

:D

Guest rockstarszzzz

I still have market 3.1... is there a way to trigger the update by hand?

My favourite is still version 2, but oldmarket does not work with this ROM... and 3.1 does not upgrade automatically for some reason.

Here is the new market - http://android.modaco.com/topic/348101-android-market/ (3.3.11)

Uninstall the old one with titanium back up or root uninstaller and reboot then install this apk.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi KonstaT!

First of all - brilliant work!

The smoothness and fluidity of this ROM has baffled me to wits' end. Din't know Gingerbread Launcher could be this smooth!

I haven't got the chance to see how my battery performs but I'm sure it won't drain that bad as I know you yourself are much of a battery lover.

I've modded your ROM to work with toggle 2G/3G app in-built. This app will turn off 3G and switch to 2G as soon as screen is switched off. This 2G connection is enough to perform background sync and also will prevent battery loss due to continous 3G connectivity. Tried and tested. Works like a charm!

1. Flash file 1: ROM_Mod_Link
  2. Flash file 2: ROM_Modfinalclean_Link
  3. Reboot now.
  4. You will have Toggle 2G/3G icon in the app drawer. Change settings according to your needs. Default is 'manual'. By changing to automatic you can get it to do above described toggle.
  5. Done!
Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi KonstaT!

First of all - brilliant work!

The smoothness and fluidity of this ROM has baffled me to wits' end. Din't know Gingerbread Launcher could be this smooth!

I haven't got the chance to see how my battery performs but I'm sure it won't drain that bad as I know you yourself are much of a battery lover.

I've modded your ROM to work with toggle 2G/3G app in-built. This app will turn off 3G and switch to 2G as soon as screen is switched off. This 2G connection is enough to perform background sync and also will prevent battery loss due to continous 3G connectivity. Tried and tested. Works like a charm!

1. Flash file 1: ROM_Mod_Link
  2. Flash file 2: ROM_Modfinalclean_Link
  3. Reboot now.
  4. You will have Toggle 2G/3G icon in the app drawer. Change settings according to your needs. Default is 'manual'. By changing to automatic you can get it to do above described toggle.
  5. Done!

Oh btw, for this one - if possible wipe dalvik and cache partition. If any of the pre-installed apps FC, then a clean install is recommended. It's due to re-signing that some apps might not know what's going on! :)

Guest KonstaT

Oh btw, for this one - if possible wipe dalvik and cache partition. If any of the pre-installed apps FC, then a clean install is recommended. It's due to re-signing that some apps might not know what's going on! :)

Yeah, that is just the whole ROM resigned with a different key. You shouldn't sign every app in /system/app anyway. It'll break market links for google apps and every other system app.

I think I've mentioned it before, but here it is again for future reference, this ROM is signed with test key. Wouldn't it be much easier just to sign the Toggle2G.apk with the test key? I can look into this when I have more time.

Hey Konsta

Great rom, although for some reason I can't get oldmarket to work with it ... http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1240344

Any thoughts on why this may be? It worked fine with CM7.

Thanks.

*edit* Just tried this app on Blade Mix 360, and it works fine on that too.

It didn't give you any clue when it complained 'You need to turn off AdBlock-like app first!'? This ROM has Adfree hosts file included. That's btw the first app I've come across that actually checks that it can display ads. Very uncool from an app developer if you ask me... It's leeching off Google's apps anyway.

You can copy /system/etc/hosts from e.g. CM7 and replace the one that comes with this ROM. The latest version of the new market is actually really good (it's still a bit slow). But I can't see no reason to use the old market anymore.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Maarten Lambrecht

Yesterday I installed this rom (TPT). It work's very fast, but when I woke up this morning the phone was off and had only 0% battery left.

I noticed afterwards that my blade is awake continuously.

After stopping the hotmail app, the problem was solved.

I'm using this app on another blade with GSF27 and it works very well. I love the push mail.

Is there any chance of getting the hotmail application to work correctly?

Thanks!

Guest TouchyAndalou
It didn't give you any clue when it complained 'You need to turn off AdBlock-like app first!'? This ROM has Adfree hosts file included. That's btw the first app I've come across that actually checks that it can display ads. Very uncool from an app developer if you ask me... It's leeching off Google's apps anyway.

You can copy /system/etc/hosts from e.g. CM7 and replace the one that comes with this ROM. The latest version of the new market is actually really good (it's still a bit slow). But I can't see no reason to use the old market anymore.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I had already tried this and it didn't work. Changing the hosts file lets me select the old market, but when I do my reboot and try to open the old market, all I get is force closes. This is after a clean install of the rom with all necessary wipes.

As for the new market, It's not usable for me at home, as I only get 2G here. It takes like 5 minutes to load any page, and often doesn't load at all.

If you have any other ideas, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Yeah, that is just the whole ROM resigned with a different key. You shouldn't sign every app in /system/app anyway. It'll break market links for google apps and every other system app.

I think I've mentioned it before, but here it is again for future reference, this ROM is signed with test key. Wouldn't it be much easier just to sign the Toggle2G.apk with the test key? I can look into this when I have more time.

If you can just sign the Toggle2G.apk then it will be perfect. But din't think you would have that spare time at hand, so instead just re-signed the ROM.

Guest dirlan2001

Yesterday I installed this rom (TPT). It work's very fast, but when I woke up this morning the phone was off and had only 0% battery left.

I noticed afterwards that my blade is awake continuously.

After stopping the hotmail app, the problem was solved.

I'm using this app on another blade with GSF27 and it works very well. I love the push mail.

Is there any chance of getting the hotmail application to work correctly?

Thanks!

Hi,

I had the same draining in GSF27 with Hotmail, so I kicked it , and never reinstalled it again...

:D

Guest KonstaT

If you can just sign the Toggle2G.apk then it will be perfect. But din't think you would have that spare time at hand, so instead just re-signed the ROM.

I have it resigned with test key and installed. Installation parts seems to be tricky though. It works every other time and every other time it bootloops after PIN query. Still haven't found any other reason than pure luck (there's got to be one). Seems to work with fresh install every time though. I don't think that I'm going to release it just yet. I haven't actually even used this app before, so I have to also test that it does what it promises with this ROM.

Guest rockstarszzzz

I have it resigned with test key and installed. Installation parts seems to be tricky though. It works every other time and every other time it bootloops after PIN query. Still haven't found any other reason than pure luck (there's got to be one). Seems to work with fresh install every time though. I don't think that I'm going to release it just yet. I haven't actually even used this app before, so I have to also test that it does what it promises with this ROM.

I did a clean installation on RLS6 - by signing the whole ROM (the attached ones few posts back).

So far it's doing exactly what it was doing for me earlier on CM7 - toggles as soon as I go to screen switch off. The benefit we get is the battery drain during 'ideal' or 'standby' is minimal. However once you use your phone - this app has no help whatsoever unless you use your phone in 2G - which makes much sense. It will help those who don't keep playing with their phones all the time and have much longer stand-by time.

Guest KonstaT

Here is Toggle2G (thanks to TheMasterBaron) signed with test key in flashable zip.

Installation without a wipe should work with this procedure. Make a nandroid backup first just in case. Boot into clockwork -> make nandroid backup -> flash M-MHMP-RLS7 ROM + add-ons you had installed (fixes permissions in /system and wipes dalvik cache) -> flash Toggle2G -> reboot.

If this doesn't work and you have issues of any kind, you have to do a clean installation. Boot into clockwork -> wipe data/factory reset -> flash M-MHMP-RLS7 ROM + add-ons you want to install -> flash Toggle2G -> reboot.

I've only briefly tested this so you might know this apps tricks better than me. It's normal for it to ask PIN twice after the first boot. You also have to start Toggle2G from app drawer and grant it superuser permissions. All functions seems to work ok.

M-MHMP-Toggle2G.zip

Edited by KonstaT

Guest MidaMilunk

Anyone to share the properly signed Toggle2G.apk? Or a dummies guide to signing apk files...

I would really appreciate to have this app working!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLVED while typing!! Thanks!! :)

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest MidaMilunk

Flashed over RLS6 + ZTE dialer...

At first boot I had to type my PIN 3 times. Proper PIN guaranteed every time. At first time I started the dialer (actually dialer one, but I guess it invokes the same as all others) I got a message of "telephony provider" closed.

At second boot, one time was enough of providing PIN, but the first-time-telephony-FC remains.

Guest ti_power

Dear Konstat,

thx for your great ROM! Switched to MMHM from GSF 21 and you solved the little issues i had.

I have only one question ( which is maybe not concering only your ROM):

there is a function to save settings to google servers under settings/ privacy.

I wonder if only settings after activating this function are saved or not.

before switching the rom, I activated it but i havn't any of my wlan pws etc. now.

Edited by ti_power

Guest KonstaT

Flashed over RLS6 + ZTE dialer...

At first boot I had to type my PIN 3 times. Proper PIN guaranteed every time. At first time I started the dialer (actually dialer one, but I guess it invokes the same as all others) I got a message of "telephony provider" closed.

At second boot, one time was enough of providing PIN, but the first-time-telephony-FC remains.

And you also flashed back the ZTE dialer add-on again at the same time? So that force-close isn't caused because you switched from ZTE dialer to standard AOSP/CM7 one?

I just signed the file with proper key, it's up to you to make it work with your setup. It also seems that Toggle2G doesn't work if it is used together with Juice Defender/Green Power (doesn't switch back to 3G).

If this doesn't work and you have issues of any kind, you have to do a clean installation. Boot into clockwork -> wipe data/factory reset -> flash M-MHMP-RLS6 ROM -> flash Toggle2G -> reboot.

Guest MidaMilunk

And you also flashed back the ZTE dialer add-on again at the same time? So that force-close isn't caused because you switched from ZTE dialer to standard AOSP/CM7 one?

I just signed the file with proper key, it's up to you to make it work with your setup. It also seems that Toggle2G doesn't work if it is used together with Juice Defender/Green Power (doesn't switch back to 3G).

Toggle2G did not changed back the phone application to AOSP, ZTE dialer is still intact.

I think someone (maybe myself...) should test it with cleanly installing RLS6, ZTE and then Toggle2D... anyway, everithing seems to work after the first and only FC...