[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Toggle2G did not changed back the phone application to AOSP, ZTE dialer is still intact.

I think someone (maybe myself...) should test it with cleanly installing RLS6, ZTE and then Toggle2D... anyway, everithing seems to work after the first and only FC...

Sorry, my bad. I just assumed that someone had actually followed given instructions. ;) But it still force-closes once after every reboot? I have no idea why it would. Maybe you should try it with fresh install.

nagging about ad-hoc.or never be in ginger?

Nagging tends to give quite opposite effect. I don't use ad-hoc. I don't need ad-hoc. I have tried to add it and I have failed in it.

I would be more that happy to include it, when someone who needs and uses it (you?) finds a working solution. You can find wpa_supplicant source code here and patch you need to apply here. After compiling you still need to debug why it crashes the wifi driver and work from that.

Just installed RLS6 after a full wipe yet I am getting several FCs especially when I try to use Root Explorer. Has anyone encountered this? By the way my phone is Gen 1.

Thanks in advance

No worries, problem solved. The older version of Root Explorer I had does not seem to be compatible with 2.3

Edited by fraxos

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Hi KonstaT!

First of all - brilliant work!

The smoothness and fluidity of this ROM has baffled me to wits' end. Din't know Gingerbread Launcher could be this smooth!

I haven't got the chance to see how my battery performs but I'm sure it won't drain that bad as I know you yourself are much of a battery lover.

I've modded your ROM to work with toggle 2G/3G app in-built. This app will turn off 3G and switch to 2G as soon as screen is switched off. This 2G connection is enough to perform background sync and also will prevent battery loss due to continous 3G connectivity. Tried and tested. Works like a charm!

1. Flash file 1: ROM_Mod_Link
  2. Flash file 2: ROM_Modfinalclean_Link
  3. Reboot now.
  4. You will have Toggle 2G/3G icon in the app drawer. Change settings according to your needs. Default is 'manual'. By changing to automatic you can get it to do above described toggle.
  5. Done!

Omg thanks rockstars, your the man :D finaly a realy good batterysaver for another rom then cm7 only :D

Guest MidaMilunk

Sorry, my bad. I just assumed that someone had actually followed given instructions. ;) But it still force-closes once after every reboot? I have no idea why it would. Maybe you should try it with fresh install.

"Installation without a wipe should work with this procedure. Make a nandroid backup first just in case. Boot into clockwork -> make nandroid backup -> flash M-MHMP-RLS6 ROM + add-ons you had installed (fixes permissions in /system and wipes dalvik cache) -> flash Toggle2G -> reboot." - does it really make any sense to flash the very same system again?

Since I already have RLS6 and ZTE dialer flashed, I thought it is not necessary to do it again without wipe. :)

Yes, the FC is there after the 3rd reboot as well, but there is no problem at all using the phone genarally. Now I have not start the dialer, the FC just came and went! It was kinda hard even to notice! :)

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest KonstaT

Omg thanks rockstars, your the man :D finaly a realy good batterysaver for another rom then cm7 only :D

You can find properly signed version of Toggle2G from this post. Re-signing the whole ROM has undesired side effects.

"Installation without a wipe should work with this procedure. Make a nandroid backup first just in case. Boot into clockwork -> make nandroid backup -> flash M-MHMP-RLS6 ROM + add-ons you had installed (fixes permissions in /system and wipes dalvik cache) -> flash Toggle2G -> reboot." - does it really make any sense to flash the very same system again?

Since I already have RLS6 and ZTE dialer flashed, I thought it is not necessary to do it again without wipe. :)

Yes, the FC is there after the 3rd reboot as well, but there is no problem at all using the phone genarally.

Well, there was a reason why I included that flashing the ROM again part in my instructions (fixes permissions in /system and wipes dalvik cache). If you still have that problem, you should try it with clean installation (this also includes re-flashing the ROM, not just wipe data/factory reset).

Guest MidaMilunk

Well, there was a reason why I included that flashing the ROM again part in my instructions (fixes permissions in /system and wipes dalvik cache). If you still have that problem, you should try it with clean installation (this also includes re-flashing the ROM, not just wipe data/factory reset).

OK, the circle got the square!

I have repeated the process according the recommendations, and voila! No FCs!

Thanks again!!!

Guest ManMetDeHamer

You can find properly signed version of Toggle2G from this post. Re-signing the whole ROM has undesired side effects.

thanks a lot for the info, i re-flashed it with this zip and no errors this far!

Sorry for my english, i would install this rom, i have Blade with malaysian update, what do to install this rom ?!

Edited by FILKIR

Guest KonstaT

Sorry for my english, i would install this rom, i have Blade with malaysian update, what do to install this rom ?!

Did you install the malaysian image.bin update? If you did, your phone is now gen3. This ROM also works in gen3 devices (with patcher found in the first post), but I'd recommend that you revert back to gen2 first. There are no advantages in gen3 radio firmware afaik and you also have terrible partition layout. Reverting back to gen2 also gives you much wider range of ROMs to choose from if you happen to change your mind in the future.

First download and save M-MHMP-RLS6 ROM on your sdcard for later use.

Then you have to flash your phone back to gen2 with TPT. These TPTs in this thread should work:

I'd recommend this one: 'Gen 2 custom: 160mb system, 2mb cache, 279 mb data, 0.1mb oem'

You can find installation instructions in the linked thread.

After successful TPT, your phone will boot into ClockWorkMod. Use clockwork to flash M-MHMP-RLS6 as you normally would.

Guest KonstaT

Hi konstat. Could you please post a zip file vor updating all Google apps and Market via clockwork. Thx a lot again.

Why? I don't quite understand.

All google apps in RLS6 are up to date.

Guest emppu67

Nagging tends to give quite opposite effect. I don't use ad-hoc. I don't need ad-hoc. I have tried to add it and I have failed in it.

I would be more that happy to include it, when someone who needs and uses it (you?) finds a working solution. You can find wpa_supplicant source code here and patch you need to apply here. After compiling you still need to debug why it crashes the wifi driver and work from that.

hi,i need ad-hoc,because i use nokia n82 as a router,with joikuspot,my blade doesnt find the joikuspot if the rom not include ad-hoc,now im forced to use cm nightly 244,there it works good,but wanted to have your rom,i liked it better,,

Guest TheBrainKafka

Hi konstat. Thx for quick Feedback. Im in rls5 and when switiching to 6 need to do a full wipe ... so im happy with 5 and only want to update google apps. Thx

Guest SpacemanUA

I think you can do this by editing your ROMs framework-res.apk. Edit res/values/bools.xml.

Change boolean in this line from true to false.

<bool name="config_disableMenuKeyInLockScreen">true</bool>

You should be able to use Menu key to wake up the phone after that.

Can you please make this in your Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS6-TPT.zip installation? I would be very grateful.

Just want to say thanks KonstaT, it's been a while since I upgraded and your Moldovan was the best step up from Swedish Spring. Great ROM no problems so far.

Good morning to all.

I have been using this ROM for a couple days now and it is very smooth. However, I am having serious issues with the battery life. In particular, overnight battery dropped from 90% to 33%which does not seem normal to me and I rarely get more than 13-14 hours of light use out of it. My current battery stats are:

Mobile Standby: 47%

Phone idle: 46%

Android system: 3%

Display: 2%

Androis OS: 2%

Email: 2%

Any ideas on why this is happening? Please note that I did the installation as suggested with full wipe etc.

Thanks in advance.

Good morning to all.

I have been using this ROM for a couple days now and it is very smooth. However, I am having serious issues with the battery life. In particular, overnight battery dropped from 90% to 33%which does not seem normal to me and I rarely get more than 13-14 hours of light use out of it. My current battery stats are:

Any ideas on why this is happening? Please note that I did the installation as suggested with full wipe etc.

Thanks in advance.

I encounter the same problem since RLS4. When i disable DATA, GPS, BLUETOOTH and WIFI, it still looses 8% in 8 hours during the night when before it only loosed 1%.

and battery stats show:

Mobile Standby: 50%

Phone idle: 50%

Guest KonstaT

Hi konstat. Thx for quick Feedback. Im in rls5 and when switiching to 6 need to do a full wipe ... so im happy with 5 and only want to update google apps. Thx

You should be fine updating from RLS5 to RLS6 without a wipe. Installation also automatically wipes dalvik cache so you don't have to worry about that either. If you have ZTE dialler add-on already installed, you have to install it again after the ROM at the same time in the clockwork and reboot only after that.

Officially I of course recommend full wipe and 'no wipe, no whine' policy still stands. If you encounter problems of any kind, you know what to do.

Can you please make this in your Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS6-TPT.zip installation? I would be very grateful.

Apparently it doesn't work. I might have remembered incorrectly or it doesn't just work with this ROM or I could be plain wrong.

Good morning to all.

Thanks in advance.

That doesn't sound normal. My guess is that you have some rogue app keeping your phone awake or constantly downloading from the web. You can use this app to see if there is some app kepping wakelocks:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

How do you sync your emails, weather, social media, etc? There are already couple of reports in this thread saying that Hotmail app causes battery drain.

I encounter the same problem since RLS4. When i disable DATA, GPS, BLUETOOTH and WIFI, it still looses 8% in 8 hours during the night when before it only loosed 1%.

and battery stats show:

Mobile Standby: 50%

Phone idle: 50%

I don't actually think that the battery procentages are that reliable in general. They don't appear to run down completely linear. Wiping battery stats helps a little with this but their not perfect even after that. I'd consentrate more on overall battery performance and not so tightly looking at the procentages.

You do realize that if you lose 1% every eight hours it adds up to 800 hrs stand by time which is over 33 days. I think Pelemane holds the world record with 28+ days, but he had his phone kept in aeroplane mode. No one is going to come no where near with the radios on. :P

That doesn't sound normal. My guess is that you have some rogue app keeping your phone awake or constantly downloading from the web. You can use this app to see if there is some app kepping wakelocks:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1179809

How do you sync your emails, weather, social media, etc? There are already couple of reports in this thread saying that Hotmail app causes battery drain.

KonstaT,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

I installed the app and under partial wakelocks the top service/process is com.android.email with 1.2% followed by alarm manager at 0.8%. Does that sound wrong?

I only have my work email and gmail synching (push) but I do not receive tonnes of emails and in fact only received around 12 emails overnight.

Thanks

Edited by fraxos

Guest malfare

Hi KonstaT!

Like your ROM, you've done a very good job.

You should be fine updating from RLS5 to RLS6 without a wipe. Installation also automatically wipes dalvik cache so you don't have to worry about that either. If you have ZTE dialler add-on already installed, you have to install it again after the ROM at the same time in the clockwork and reboot only after that.

Officially I of course recommend full wipe and 'no wipe, no whine' policy still stands. If you encounter problems of any kind, you know what to do.

I've installed RLS4 over Stock after upgraded from GEN1 to GEN2.

Is the way from RLS4 to RSL6 the same as from RLS5?

If not: How to?

Is there a RLS7 in the Pipe line?

Best Regards

Manfred

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

I installed the app and under partial wakelocks the top service/process is com.android.email with 1.2% followed by alarm manager at 0.8%. Does that sound wrong?

I only have my work email and gmail synching (push) but I do not receive tonnes of emails and in fact only received around 12 emails overnight.

Thanks

I don't use that ZTE email app, but I guess that's pretty much normal. I think you can adjust the sync interval in that email app also. Those prosentages are also a bit high, but I guess that only depends on how long you have used (or let it sleep) your phone since reboot/charged/unplugged.

Try charging your phone to the max and reboot it before you let it sit for the night. If you still have battery drain over night, those wakelock statistics might give you some idea what's causing it. If you think some app is syncing/downloading from the web, you can disable data connection to see if it stops the drain.

I've installed RLS4 over Stock after upgraded from GEN1 to GEN2.

Is the way from RLS4 to RSL6 the same as from RLS5?

If not: How to?

Is there a RLS7 in the Pipe line?

You should be just fine updating from RLS4 to RLS6 too. Of course if you have problems of any sort, then full wipe is required.

I haven't given up on development just yet, so there is RLS7 coming for sure some time later. I think I'm going to give it now couple of weeks though. There shouldn't be any major issues with RLS6 and all I have for RLS7 at the moment is fix for one small graphic glitch already patched here and update to no frills CPU control.

Edited by KonstaT

Is there any way to configure the sensitivity or thresholds of the automatic screen brightness? Maybe something in the Emote Helper that I fail to find?

Brightness of my screen is fine when outdoors, fully lit rooms, or very dark environments, but the chillout lighting in my living room in the evenings seems to hit some magical threshold that makes the brightness change constantly :)

Guest TheBrainKafka

Thx for feedback konstat!

Another question:

Is there a way to get market to make the update to 3.3.x?

Is it helpful to bind 'market' and 'market updater' to market via titanium backup?

Thx