[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest EazyDuz

Found a potential problem.

I just got someones phone number and texted it, before realizing it was a digit short and therefore the text didnt send.

This person then gave me the correct number which i texted and the text sent. However when she replies it comes through as the first number which is a digit short (its 10 digits, should be 11, im in the UK).

Ive saved the correct number under the persons name, but now whenever they text me it comes through as the short number and i can only text back my replying to the correct number.

If all that makes sense is there any way to fix it?

Thanks

Just wanted to check exactly which ROM from the first post I need to use. My Blade is Gen 1 AMOLED and I loaded it with Japanese Jellyfish 7 (2.2 Froyo) via Clockwork last year.

I want to repartition at the same time as I've run out of space for apps, so do I use the RLS6 or the RLS6 TPT version of the MMHMP ROM? Cheers.

Guest KonstaT

Really nice ROM. Thanks for the excellent work!

Any chance that it will support USB host mode in the future?

I highly doubt it. If I'm not mistaken, blade doesn't give out power from the usb, so I'm not sure which devices you could plug in. You'd need to have a outside power source and I think that it's quite unpractical. It might be possible to do though, there is thread somewhere here about that...

This is one of the things that I'm happy to include if someone finds a working solution and provides a patch. I don't have much use for this feature and I don't even have any suitable devices that I could test it with.

Found a potential problem.

I just got someones phone number and texted it, before realizing it was a digit short and therefore the text didnt send.

This person then gave me the correct number which i texted and the text sent. However when she replies it comes through as the first number which is a digit short (its 10 digits, should be 11, im in the UK).

Ive saved the correct number under the persons name, but now whenever they text me it comes through as the short number and i can only text back my replying to the correct number.

If all that makes sense is there any way to fix it?

Thanks

I have no idea why it would do that. If your contact are synced to your google account, you can clear data for Contacts.apk and ContacsProvider.apk using e.g. Titanium Backup. It should clear all your contacts in your phone and sync back the correct ones from your google account.

Just wanted to check exactly which ROM from the first post I need to use. My Blade is Gen 1 AMOLED and I loaded it with Japanese Jellyfish 7 (2.2 Froyo) via Clockwork last year.

I want to repartition at the same time as I've run out of space for apps, so do I use the RLS6 or the RLS6 TPT version of the MMHMP ROM? Cheers.

If you want to repartition, you need to use the TPT version. It will also update your phone to gen2.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest ti_power

Dear Konstat,

You've really made a great ROM!

One Question: Is it possible to improve the overall animation speed ( for example home screen switching)?

On Froyo I had an app, I think it was "Spare Parts" that had the options fast, normal and slow.

BTW: Rom is very smooth =)

Thank you

Edited by ti_power

Guest KonstaT

Dear Konstat,

You've really made a great ROM!

One Question: Is it possible to improve the overall animation speed ( for example home screen switching)?

On Froyo I had an app, I think it was "Spare Parts" that had the options fast, normal and slow.

BTW: Rom is very smooth =)

Thank you

Yeah, you can still use Spare Parts to do that. Only the battery history section causes known force-close. Set 'Transition animations' to fast. If you also set 'Window animations' to fast, it will also disable CRT screen off animation as an undesired (or desired if you don't like it ;)) side effect.

I've just upgraded from Swedish Spring to MMHMP using the TPT method to convert my phone to GEN2 at the same time. Everything is working well and I'm very happy with the upgrade, but there's something I don't understand. Just before I upgraded I partitioned my SD card (using Partition Wizard - free for personal use and highly recommended) so that it contains a roughly 1.4GB FAT partition followed by a 512MB ext4 one. From other threads I've read, I was under the impression that Gingerbread would install apps to the ext4 partition on the SD card if one existed. This doesn't seem to be the case - I still have to move apps manually to the FAT partition via 'Manage Applications' and I can't see anything to suggest the ext4 partition is being used. Can someone please briefly explain the benefits of partitioning the SD card and any steps (beyond the actual partitioning) needed to make it work? I didn't create a Linux Swap partition; should I have?

Guest ti_power

Yeah, you can still use Spare Parts to do that. Only the battery history section causes known force-close. Set 'Transition animations' to fast. If you also set 'Window animations' to fast, it will also disable CRT screen off animation as an undesired (or desired if you don't like it ;)) side effect.

Thanks for your answer =) I'll try it today. CRT is fine.

Edited by ti_power

Guest deucebigalo

As a cautious user who has just upgraded from an early version of FLB G2 all I can say is "WOW!". MMHMP is definately worth the upgrade with the extra features and extra battery life. I have to congratulate the dev on a job well done. But (theres always a but) I am really missing the alarm set notification that used to be on the lockscreen in Froyo. It was very useful as a sanity check, before I went to sleep at night, to check the alarm was set for the next morning. Is there anybody who could fix this very minor issue in what is a very excellent piece of firmware?

Guest KonstaT

I've just upgraded from Swedish Spring to MMHMP using the TPT method to convert my phone to GEN2 at the same time. Everything is working well and I'm very happy with the upgrade, but there's something I don't understand. Just before I upgraded I partitioned my SD card (using Partition Wizard - free for personal use and highly recommended) so that it contains a roughly 1.4GB FAT partition followed by a 512MB ext4 one. From other threads I've read, I was under the impression that Gingerbread would install apps to the ext4 partition on the SD card if one existed. This doesn't seem to be the case - I still have to move apps manually to the FAT partition via 'Manage Applications' and I can't see anything to suggest the ext4 partition is being used. Can someone please briefly explain the benefits of partitioning the SD card and any steps (beyond the actual partitioning) needed to make it work? I didn't create a Linux Swap partition; should I have?

Gingerbread doesn't have feature to move apps to ext partition. If you move your apps from 'Manage Applications', they go to the FAT partition into /.android_secure folder.

You need to have a2sd script to move apps to the ext partition. This ROM has Darktemor A2SD scripts included. If your ext partition is formatted properly, you don't have to anything. All your apps are already being installed to your sd-ext. You don't need swap partition either.

You can confirm this by running 'df -h' command in android terminal. This is from my phone:

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 210.7M 32.0K 210.7M 0% /dev
tmpfs 4.0M 0 4.0M 0% /sqlite_stmt_journals
tmpfs 210.7M 0 210.7M 0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs 210.7M 0 210.7M 0% /mnt/obb
/dev/block/mtdblock5 138.0M 123.7M 14.3M 90% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 315.6M 120.1M 195.5M 38% /data
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 235.5M 85.3M 138.1M 38% /system/sd
tmpfs 42.0M 0 42.0M 0% /cache
/dev/block/vold/179:1
14.6G 13.6G 959.2M 94% /mnt/sdcard
[/code]

Your sd-ext is /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 and should be mounted as /system/sd. You can also look into /system/sd and see if there are some installed apps there.

If you have installed Titanium Backup, you should also see a usage bar for 'SD card (a2sd)' among others in the main screen.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

As a cautious user who has just upgraded from an early version of FLB G2 all I can say is "WOW!". MMHMP is definately worth the upgrade with the extra features and extra battery life. I have to congratulate the dev on a job well done. But (theres always a but) I am really missing the alarm set notification that used to be on the lockscreen in Froyo. It was very useful as a sanity check, before I went to sleep at night, to check the alarm was set for the next morning. Is there anybody who could fix this very minor issue in what is a very excellent piece of firmware?

This ROM has deskclock instead of stock alarm clock. This is because the CRT screen off animation breaks the stock alarm clock for some unknown reason (it only rings once and fails to wake you up :P). I think that lockscreen can display the next alarm only when you use that stock alarm app. It doesn't work with any of the alarm apps from the market either.

So if you want to try that, you should install the stripped down vanilla version which doesn't have CRT screen off animation and dig up the stock alarm app (it's here on the board somewhere).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest deucebigalo

Are you sure that using the non stock alarm app is the problem in not displaying the alarm on the lockscreen? I have installed widgetlocker and tomorrows alarm is displaying perfectly fine on the widgetlocker lockscreen. Given what you said earlier I did a test alarm to check it was still working properly . Plus I get to keep the CRT screen off animation.

This ROM has deskclock instead of stock alarm clock. This is because the CRT screen off animation breaks the stock alarm clock for some unknown reason (it only rings once and fails to wake you up :P). I think that lockscreen can display the next alarm only when you use that stock alarm app. It doesn't work with any of the alarm apps from the market either.

So if you want to try that, you should install the stripped down vanilla version which doesn't have CRT screen off animation and dig up the stock alarm app (it's here on the board somewhere).

Guest KonstaT

Are you sure that using the non stock alarm app is the problem in not displaying the alarm on the lockscreen? I have installed widgetlocker and tomorrows alarm is displaying perfectly fine on the widgetlocker lockscreen. Given what you said earlier I did a test alarm to check it was still working properly . Plus I get to keep the CRT screen off animation.

Yeah, I'm quite sure. Widgetlocker is a lockscreen replacement app and it does exactly that - it replaces the stock lockscreen. So that could be used as a work-around if you need your lockscreen to display the next alarm.

I'm not sure if you could hack the stock lockscreen to show any apps alarm info or do you need to hack some alarm app to have certain ids. That code is in framework-res.apk/res/layout/keyguard_screen_lock.xml.

<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/nextAlarmInfo" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
<ImageView android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginRight="6.0dip" android:src="@drawable/ic_lock_idle_alarm" android:baselineAligned="true" />
<TextView android:textSize="18.0sp" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/nextAlarmText" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
</LinearLayout>[/code]

And CRT animation only breaks the alarm for the stock alarm app (I don't know why), it doesn't affect other alarm apps.

Guest thetonix

Yes, the power is indeed an issue. I would use it to upload pictures from my camera to my phone when travelling or upload some files from an usb thumb drive.

I'm only aware of the work that Sven Killig has done on this, but that's only for Android 2.1.

I highly doubt it. If I'm not mistaken, blade doesn't give out power from the usb, so I'm not sure which devices you could plug in. You'd need to have a outside power source and I think that it's quite unpractical. It might be possible to do though, there is thread somewhere here about that...

This is one of the things that I'm happy to include if someone finds a working solution and provides a patch. I don't have much use for this feature and I don't even have any suitable devices that I could test it with.

I'd really like to try this ROM (and many others) but I dont like the vanilla GB theme. At the moment im on CM7 and I use the t-mobile theme chooser to change the theme. Is it possible to port theme chooser to work on non-CM ROMs?

I don't know if its ROM-specific...but my contacts list is gone... :( "You don't have any contacts to display. To add contacts. press Menu..." etc. No matter how much I fiddle with the Display options, my Google account contacts won't show up. However, all contacts are searchable from the Google search widget...weird...

Guest Per Ã…kesson

I don't know if its ROM-specific...but my contacts list is gone... :( "You don't have any contacts to display. To add contacts. press Menu..." etc. No matter how much I fiddle with the Display options, my Google account contacts won't show up. However, all contacts are searchable from the Google search widget...weird...

In contacts:

Menu / Settings / Display options /

click on your Gmail account,

check all the boxes...

Guest CodeWarrior

I've noticed one issue, sometimes I can't end a call because the screen stays black. Looking at the first page is this the proximity sensor issue

EDIT: ran the calibration and that seems to have fixed it.

Edited by CodeWarrior

Guest KonstaT

I'd really like to try this ROM (and many others) but I dont like the vanilla GB theme. At the moment im on CM7 and I use the t-mobile theme chooser to change the theme. Is it possible to port theme chooser to work on non-CM ROMs?

It's not possible to port theme chooser from CM7 to this ROM. You can find some themes for this ROM in the themes section and you can also use UOT kitchen.

I upgraded from GSF (b24 I thing) yesterday with a full whipe and battery calibration and have some battery issues. Flashed it yesterday, calibrated battery, installed my stuff and then went to bed (plugging the phone in). Woke up around 6.30 this morning, plugged the phone out.

My phone usage was like this from then on:

-Drove to the train station, phone idle. Checked in at the trainstation (foursquare) & put on some music while waiting for the train (15min, my train was delayed).

-Got on the train, phone went back to idle cause I was watching a movie on my netbook. Got to work, phone still idle.

-Next thing I know, it's 10-o-clock and I check my phone, battery is down to 45%! that's a 55% battery drain in 3.30h while it's been idle most of the time.

-I switched off 3g then, forced it to go to Edge. Wifi & bluetooth were already off the entire time and mide it till 17.05 with the remaining 45% battery (some heavy usage, was at a conference and had some stuff to look up (browsing) and looked up some train info & the conference schedule (separate app)).

Some screens of the battery usage (do note the android built-in graph differs alot from the 3rd party app, the notification area battery status always matched that app):

Anyone any idea what might be causing this? It was full whipe => MMHMP rls6 => Notification Power Widget from here: http://android.modac...h-mountain-pie/

You just installed the ROM yesterday. You should let your battery drain and re-charge it couple of times to create new reliable battery stats. It usually takes few days.

What is that sudden ~60% to zero drop anyway? Did it really go down like that? Some process was probably using the phone as CPU freq has stayed in the max 604mhz for over four hours (38% of time). Just give it couple of days and check back if you still get similar results.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest the_fox
What is that sudden ~60% to zero drop anyway? Did it really go down like that? Some process was probably using the phone as CPU freq has stayed in the max 604mhz for over four hours (38% of time). Just give it couple of days and check back if you still get similar results.

Well, the 60% drop was due to faulty stats I think, if you look at the 1st screenshot with the Battery Stats Pro app you see a steady decrease in battery (the circle battery thingt in the notification area follows the BSP app, the built-in graph was a bit off).

I'll give it a couple of days, but the stats aren't really what's bothering me, the fact that I only had 10 hrs before it was completely drained does bother me. I'll start with a clean slate in a couple of days if it keeps draining so fast. I'll whipe, reflash and just install the basics. Then I'll have a better view on what's draining the battery: app or system.

I'll post my findings here no matter what the conclusion will be.

Thanks for the quick reply and the fact that you are providing us with your work (ROM)! ;)

KonstaT,

Thanks for the explanation of how a partitioned SD card works. My ext4 partition is being used - I hadn't appreciated that as A2SD is an add-on to Android it is invisible to 'Manage Applications' and that when I manually moved apps from the phone to the SD card I was really just moving them from one partition to the other. I've moved them back to the phone now and all is well.

Guest linjeinc

I must say KonstaT, it's a realy nice ROM that u are makin .... so from here up in northen finland, cheers and good work :)

Edited by linjeinc