[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest ThePain

How to change boot up screen/ splash screen because Ive attempted using ones where you have to flash them and also where you have to put the boot animation in the sdcard/data/local and both of these when I do them I still have the same boot screen what is up? and how can I make it work?

Splash Screen Change: If you have a picture you want to use as the splash screen, you can use this handy tool by Rainbow cnay. Works great!

http://android.modac...lick-make-tool/

Boot Animation: The bootanimation.zip file needs to be copied to System\Media on your phone and not the SDcard using an app like Root Explorer. (note: not for flashable animation files)

Edited by ThePain

Guest andy9876

Has anyone had problems getting the Iplayer website to work with this rom and flashplayer 10.2? It used to work really well but recently stoped working working for a while and now its working again but really choppy. Any ideas on why this has happened and how to fix it greatly appreciated.

Guest stevey396

Has anyone had problems getting the Iplayer website to work with this rom and flashplayer 10.2? It used to work really well but recently stoped working working for a while and now its working again but really choppy. Any ideas on why this has happened and how to fix it greatly appreciated.

It's appears to be due to a change the BBC has made not the rom.

Guest OSF-Vector

Splash Screen Change: If you have a picture you want to use as the splash screen, you can use this handy tool by Rainbow cnay. Works great!

http://android.modac...lick-make-tool/

Boot Animation: The bootanimation.zip file needs to be copied to System\Media on your phone and not the SDcard using an app like Root Explorer. (note: not for flashable animation files)

Thx so much got it working :)

KonstaT,

Is there a problem with the Data Connection on/off toggle in the power control on the notification screen in RLS7? I can toggle e.g. GPS and WiFi on and off at will, but the data connection toggle doesn't work properly for me. I normally keep my data connection disabled until I need to use it; this is what I am seeing:

- boot phone, power control correctly shows data connection is off

- tap Data Connection in power control and data connection is enabled and power control correctly changes appearance to reflect this - so far, so good...

- tap Data Connection in power control again and data connection is disabled but power control appearance does not change to reflect this

- any further taps on Data Connection in the power control have no effect on either the state of the data connection or the appearance of the power control

I installed RLS7 using the TPT method, so it was a clean install. I did have RLS6 installed for a while previously, but I didn't use the Data Connection toggle with that release so I don't know if the behaviour has changed between releases.

Apart from this minor irritation, the only other problem I've noticed with RLS7 is the Music app not displaying embedded album art in .m4a files, which is a 'feature' carried over from RLS6.

Thanks for a great ROM. I have a slight problem hower.

I have done a complete wipe of my GEN1 Blade and installed Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS7-TPT. Everything works great except Android Market that doesn't start at all. The icon is just the "placeholder" Android icon and not the market icon and when I press it I always get error message:

"The application com.android.vending (process com.android.vending) has stopped...."

I have tried factory reset and reboot and my Google account seems to work (GMail for example). Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Guest malfare

KonstaT,

Is there a problem with the Data Connection on/off toggle in the power control on the notification screen in RLS7? I can toggle e.g. GPS and WiFi on and off at will, but the data connection toggle doesn't work properly for me. I normally keep my data connection disabled until I need to use it; this is what I am seeing:

- boot phone, power control correctly shows data connection is off

- tap Data Connection in power control and data connection is enabled and power control correctly changes appearance to reflect this - so far, so good...

- tap Data Connection in power control again and data connection is disabled but power control appearance does not change to reflect this

- any further taps on Data Connection in the power control have no effect on either the state of the data connection or the appearance of the power control

I installed RLS7 using the TPT method, so it was a clean install. I did have RLS6 installed for a while previously, but I didn't use the Data Connection toggle with that release so I don't know if the behaviour has changed between releases.

I updated to RLS7 from RLS6 with CWM and can see the same behaviour.

It seems to work as expected if WiFi is turned off before data connection, so this one becomes the active connection.

Then I can turn it on and off, working as it should.

Guest chaosfoevr

M gen 1 too n I installed the normal version ( not tpt) it worked out fine fo me...everythin is workin a1.....try it n don't forget to wipe all data.......

I have done a complete wipe of my GEN1 Blade and installed Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS7-TPT. Everything works great except Android Market that doesn't start at all. The icon is just the "placeholder" Android icon and not the market icon and when I press it I always get error message:

"The application com.android.vending (process com.android.vending) has stopped...."

I have tried factory reset and reboot and my Google account seems to work (GMail for example). Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Guest kmblade

Hi all,

After finishing the install and everything appearing to be in working order, I find that any apps that I install (both through the market and directly with the .apk file) instantly present me with the "Sorry! The application <name> has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." - Force close dialog box when I attempt to launch them. All of the pre-installed apps that I've tried seem to work perfectly. It's a Gen1 OLED blade and I've installed through the usual procedure: taken out battery, cleared cache/data and factory reset (and also tried with clearing Dalvik cache).

The apps that I install don't install with their icons but instead have the default "android app" icon and usually the "com.example.example" name.

Not really sure what other information I can give except that (not sure if it's related or not) but I also tried installing Swedish Spring and I started having a problem with the market where it would have trouble updating and would crash and cause any app downloaded to also force close but I managed to solve that (by killing the market soon after accepting the EULA until its icon updated to the newer market version). I then found that with Swedish Spring, for some reason I wasn't able to receive text messages (everything else seemed to work but just wasn't receiving them).

I don't understand if there is just something wrong with my phone or if I'm making some stupid fundamental mistake as to why I'm experiencing these problems that no one else seems to be having.

I appreciate any help, thank you for your time.

Edited by kmblade

Same here on RLS7 !

I initially had the impression that the power widget got updated as well to behave the same as in CM, but unfortunately it was only the status screen widget. I'm still missing a silence-button and 2g/3g-button.

Guest The Guvnor

Love this ROM so so smooth, so good job.

But. Im having a problem with the Proximity Sensor during calls. I have to keep pulling the battery out to get the screen back from black. Any help would be awesome guys.

I have seem people mention the zte settings "proxy" setting. But, no idea where that is on this ROM. Again, any help pleeeease. :-)

Also, in ZTE Emode helper Sensor test it says Proximity

X:Stop Fail!

This doesnt change after I hit Calib.

Edited by The Guvnor

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT,

There is nothing changed in data toggle function since I added it to the very first version of notification power widget few months back. There is a small delay (about 1 second) when switching data off, but other than that it works perfect for me.

Try clearing data for market. Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Market -> Clear cache and clear data.

If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the ROM.

Love this ROM so so smooth, so good job.

But. Im having a problem with the Proximity Sensor during calls. I have to keep pulling the battery out to get the screen back from black. Any help would be awesome guys.

I have seem people mention the zte settings "proxy" setting. But, no idea where that is on this ROM. Again, any help pleeeease. :-)

Also, in ZTE Emode helper Sensor test it says Proximity

X:Stop Fail!

This doesnt change after I hit Calib.

Does it change when you cover the sensor after calibration? I think it always says that until you cover the sensor and after that it should say X:yes/no, Proximity is ok!

Guest The Guvnor

Does it change when you cover the sensor after calibration? I think it always says that until you cover the sensor and after that it should say X:yes/no, Proximity is ok!

Thanks for the fast reply. But It doesn't change value at all when I cover the sensor. :-\ . Still says the same, and still says Proximity is ok!

Guest Щачло карпа

Great rom thanx !!!!

been using for a while now and the battery it good, light usage gives me about 50-60% at end of the day with 3g on!

i installed app caled light flow and turnd off all the notifcation lights because if i got a miss call or sms at night then the green LED would be on in the morning with a 15-20% battery drain.

light flow fix this 4 me!

is there a way to disable the notification LED without the app?

Thank you.

Guest dirlan2001

Hi all,

After finishing the install and everything appearing to be in working order, I find that any apps that I install (both through the market and directly with the .apk file) instantly present me with the "Sorry! The application <name> has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." - Force close dialog box when I attempt to launch them. All of the pre-installed apps that I've tried seem to work perfectly. It's a Gen1 OLED blade and I've installed through the usual procedure: taken out battery, cleared cache/data and factory reset (and also tried with clearing Dalvik cache).

The apps that I install don't install with their icons but instead have the default "android app" icon and usually the "com.example.example" name.

Not really sure what other information I can give except that (not sure if it's related or not) but I also tried installing Swedish Spring and I started having a problem with the market where it would have trouble updating and would crash and cause any app downloaded to also force close but I managed to solve that (by killing the market soon after accepting the EULA until its icon updated to the newer market version). I then found that with Swedish Spring, for some reason I wasn't able to receive text messages (everything else seemed to work but just wasn't receiving them).

I don't understand if there is just something wrong with my phone or if I'm making some stupid fundamental mistake as to why I'm experiencing these problems that no one else seems to be having.

I appreciate any help, thank you for your time.

Moldovan is Gen2, you should flash a TPT to upgrade in Gen2...

:D

Guest dirlan2001

Thanks for the fast reply. But It doesn't change value at all when I cover the sensor. :-\ . Still says the same, and still says Proximity is ok!

Hi,

Very drastic , I know, but you might have to 'enlighten' the proxy-sensor. Get into calibration-mode while shining a STRONG flashlight (I used a 2.000.000 candela-torch) and check the read-out when covering and uncovering the sensor. I did it that way while still on GSF, and since then I didn't need to recalibrate my proxy anymore...

Hey nice rom. I got a problem tho, When I talk on the phone the screen dosen't go black. Its still on when I talk. Can't figure out what the problem is.

Thanks!

Guest kmblade

Moldovan is Gen2, you should flash a TPT to upgrade in Gen2...

The thought had occurred to me but:

This ROM will detect whether your phone is gen1 or gen2 and will automatically install correct version.

as the first line of the description made me think otherwise. I still thought it could possibly be the case but the problem is, whenever I flash a rom and it doesn't pan out, I always have my Modaco 2.2 custom rom which works almost flawlessly to fall back on and I didn't want to take the risk of breaking it by upgrading to gen2 which I assumed it most likely would do.

Thanks for the reply! :)

Guest chaosfoevr

Hey nice rom. I got a problem tho, When I talk on the phone the screen dosen't go black. Its still on when I talk. Can't figure out what the problem is.

Thanks!

U need to calibrate the approximity sensor .....use 'zte emoder'app to do so..it should work ....