[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Cough, cough... why Moldovan?

Mind if I ask where the ROM's name comes from?

It's based on official ZTE update for Moldavan ZTE Libra.

http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/Moldova/

I think it was kallt_kaffe's way to name his ROMs, origin country + plus something starting with that same letter.

With Mile-High-Mountain-Pie I continued Google's way of using sweet desserts as version name. I'm sure that in distant future when Android reaches version 18 (or what ever, you do the math) it will be called Mile-High-Mountain-Pie. ;)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

How to get back default Task manager?

You shouldn't use task managers to kill apps in android. That's why I removed it from RLS2.

You could copy it from RLS1 or I think there is add-on somewhere on the board you could use.

Guest Akash P

I still feel that GSF was smoother than MM-H-M-P RLS2.. Could you look into that? And could you please fix the keyboard.. its shrunk in landscape mode! I know i can get another from the market.. but i like the default CM Keyboard.. Other than that can't see any problems as of now..

One more question..if i flash Burstlam's kernel version 2.5.2 would it cause any problems..? because it fixes the led notification problems i've been having with the kernel included in your rom.

Edited by Akash P

You shouldn't use task managers to kill apps in android. That's why I removed it from RLS2.

You could copy it from RLS1 or I think there is add-on somewhere on the board you could use.

But what if just want to kill skype, for example? or any other app?

How to disable USB charging?

Guest KonstaT

I still feel that GSF was smoother than MM-H-M-P RLS2.. Could you look into that? And could you please fix the keyboard.. its shrunk in landscape mode! I know i can get another from the market.. but i like the default CM Keyboard.. Other than that can't see any problems as of now..

One more question..if i flash Burstlam's kernel version 2.5.2 would it cause any problems..? because it fixes the led notification problems i've been having with the kernel included in your rom.

I can't say that I agree. Remember that I've had this for few days, not few months as the ROM that you're comparing it to. Keyboard will be fixed in the next release.

I don't think that burstlam's kernel fixes the notification LED problem, it disables LED notifications all together. If burstlam's 2.5.2 has that great any-ROM script he has used that preservers the kernel ramdisk, you can use it. Look inside it's zip, if there is zImage and bunch of other stuff, you can use it. If there is boot.img, it won't work with this ROM.

I only use task manager to monitor CPU & RAM usage. However, the task manager would not install, it says "application not installed'. Tried the attached one here, one from MMHMP RLS1, SS5, JJ7 and even the original one from OUK 05 ROM. Non market apps are enabled. Even tried to put it manually in /system/app via Root Explorer and after reboot it still would not appear. What can I be doing wrong? :)

Best to use this script on xda to keep things working well.

This script keeps your launcher locked in memory very well too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT

Hi.

Were it's the info about Blade GEN3???

I can't find nothing about it.

Yeah, there isn't much info about that. I think that only handful of people used that official flasher and updated to gen3. I never did, so I don't know that much about it. From the few reports that I've read, there is no advantage in gen3 over gen2 or gen1. If you update to gen3, you'll have a phone with bad partition layout and basically no ROM support. I'm not even sure if coming back to gen2 works without issues (probably works fine unless you flash wrong type of image.bin).

Gen2 ROMs are not compatible with gen3 (and vice versa). I highly doubt that most popular ROMs (=CM7) will support gen3 anytime soon. This ROM can be of course easily converted to support gen3 (as it originally was). At this point I see no reason for regular users to update to gen3. This can of course change in the future...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Ralph Martin

RLS2 works very well for me. The only issue I have noticed is that I needed to recalibrate the proximity sensor after installing it. Thanks, Konstat!

One stupid question: is this cool named ROM the same thing for Gingerbread that Swedish Spring was for Froyo? That is, is this potentially the "most official", and thus the most stable and "stock" 2.3 that we will get for the Blade?

Guest PhenomHTX

One stupid question: is this cool named ROM the same thing for Gingerbread that Swedish Spring was for Froyo? That is, is this potentially the "most official", and thus the most stable and "stock" 2.3 that we will get for the Blade?

yes it is, the moust official and stable/not bugged rom for blade

Great ROM, testing for 3 days and no bugs. Any chance to circle battery icon?

U can use circle_batterymod_update.zip for the gsf it warks fine

from here

Edited by lost2

Guest KonstaT

Hi Konsta T...

Just a quick question. Do you think that you might be able to update the first post with a known bugs section?

Thx

Added to the first post. Better have it there than people asking the same questions many times.

Known bugs:

-Some users might have to calibrate their proximity sensor. Run command "ztesensortest -c" in terminal emulator. If this doesn't help, install ZTE dialer add-on and start engineering mode sensor calibration my dialing *983*0#.

-Green LED sticking. Green notification LED can turn on randomly. Plugging phone in/out of charger turns it off. Shouldn't drain battery even if left on.

-CM7 keyboard is shrunk in landscape mode. Fixed in RLS2-Patch1.

Edited by KonstaT

Hello there!

Sapo A5 (ZTE Libra) user here, installed this ROM and stock kernel and removed power notification. Full wipe + dalvik.

- Camera does not work;

- Touch screen does not respond after lock screen.

PS: would love Dolby Sound integration in future iterations.

Guest KonstaT

Install this patch as a add-on after installing the ROM. These changes will be included in RLS3, but that won't be released until some time next week.

M-MHMP-RLS2-Patch1.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?vac9ha0o7htfk2o

MD5:77202EDE5D44E218DABF12B2008BA6CF

RLS2 Patch1 changelog:

-fixed keyboard in landscape mode

-add ZTE Emode Helper (thanks to FelixL)

*helps you calibrate you sensors in engineering mode without having to install ZTE Dialer add-on

Guest KonstaT

Hello there!

Sapo A5 (ZTE Libra) user here, installed this ROM and stock kernel and removed power notification. Full wipe + dalvik.

- Camera does not work;

- Touch screen does not respond after lock screen.

PS: would love Dolby Sound integration in future iterations.

Those are exactly the same problems that I have with the stock kernel. I only recommend using the stock kernel if you have a newer model ZTE Libra and you have trouble using your camera with the overclock kernel.

Those are exactly the same problems that I have with the stock kernel. I only recommend using the stock kernel if you have a newer model ZTE Libra and you have trouble using your camera with the overclock kernel.

Can confirm that camera works fine with burstlam's kernel.

Also the horizontal keyboard is fine as well, as pretty much everything with the rom so far.

Thank you.

PS: Installed patch1.

Edited by kabuzi