[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest thewild

I can't quite understand. :o Only way that would be be possible is if you installed the "6 switches power widget" add-on after you had flashed RLS9. That would overwrite the new notification power widget.

Re-flash RLS9 and only use add-ons that are in the first post or themes that were specifically made for RLS9.

Oh sorry, I just realized that the power widget was the toolbar in the notification area. I thought it was the widget that was on the homescreen. I feel a bit stupid... ;)

It would have been nice is this one had all the options too !

It didn't help for the sound being too loud though. Nobody else ever had this problem ?

There is a background sound very audible when I stop the music, it takes 2 or 3 seconds for the background sound to stop.

It really sounds like the levels are pushed to high, but in DSP manager I have set them to minimum with the custom equalizer...

Edit : I did a factory reset and reinstalled RLS9, but I still had this sound problem. What could I do to solve that ? Thanks !

Edited by thewild

KonstaT,

I've just noticed I can not set custom music file as a ringtone. I can choose a file in the picker but once I accept it ringtone is set back to system default. Tried two pickers and couple of music files and it's all the same. :/

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT,

I've just noticed I can not set custom music file as a ringtone. I can choose a file in the picker but once I accept it ringtone is set back to system default. Tried two pickers and couple of music files and it's all the same. :/

Create /media/audio/ringtones/ structure to your sdcard and copy your custom ringtones to that folder. After reboot you can pick them from the normal ringtone settings.

I just also tested and pressed 'use as ringtone' option in winamp and that works too.

Edit. And now that random mp3 is stuck in my rintones list and I can't find a way to remove it from there :P

Edited by KonstaT

Guest thewild

I really don't know what to try for this sound problem. Could it be a hardware difference that makes the sound too loud when using the swedish rom ?

My blade was bought from Bouygues (France), OLED, 3.8Mpixels camera.

Apart from that, I have another small problem :

I cannot install the FM Radio app from andorko to replace the original one. It says "application not installed".

Too bad, since his version has RDS !

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that one could install v 0.6 though.

It didn't help for the sound being too loud though. Nobody else ever had this problem ?

There is a background sound very audible when I stop the music, it takes 2 or 3 seconds for the background sound to stop.

It really sounds like the levels are pushed to high, but in DSP manager I have set them to minimum with the custom equalizer...

Edit : I did a factory reset and reinstalled RLS9, but I still had this sound problem. What could I do to solve that ? Thanks !

I think the background sound you're hearing is called 'stereo audio crosstalk'

This link there is a little discussion over it http://www.head-fi.o...ortable-devices

There is actually nothing you can do about it if you desire to keep using DSP manager or any other audio amplifier for that matter. But if you still find find it annoying to hear this leaking sound, you should disable or stop using DSP manager altogether. This becomes very apparent when there are silent parts in a song so this includes for most songs the end. Even when DSP manager is turned off, this sound could still be heard by the good listeners.

On a side note this sound problem should be across a lot smartphones, they're having multitasking functionality replacing lots of old portable devices, they're jack of all trades master of none.

Guest MadeInBeats

Just updated from RLS6.. .. .. WOW, what a difference. Have fallen in love with my blade all over again :-) Only thing I notice, which was a problem in RLS6 as well, is the WiFi seems to stay on constantly and drains the battery?

Guest ChipZ16

You need to install the undervolted kernel first (see optional kernels section in the first post, gen2 only). After installing that, CPU (when running 480mhz or lower freqs) and wifi adaptor are undervolted by default.

I recommend lowering min CPU freq to 122mhz. Overclocking ability is different in each device. Use ondemand or smartassv2 governor. Some i/o schedulers might give few points higher scores in some benchmarks but I don't think you can notice any difference in normal use. My current settings: 122-691mhz, Smartassv2, sio.

Where can I find this Skype fix for kernel?

I don't use skype, but it is suggested as work-around to use the FM-radio app that is included in this ROM. After closing FM-radio app, skype audio is routed to earpiece until next reboot.

Some might call it a bug, but it has turned out to be a nice feature. :P

I know that CM7 has got the Skypefix

Guest KonstaT

I really don't know what to try for this sound problem. Could it be a hardware difference that makes the sound too loud when using the swedish rom ?

My blade was bought from Bouygues (France), OLED, 3.8Mpixels camera.

Apart from that, I have another small problem :

I cannot install the FM Radio app from andorko to replace the original one. It says "application not installed".

Too bad, since his version has RDS !

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that one could install v 0.6 though.

RDS needs also kernel patch to work, installing just the app won't do. RDS version of that radio app (or the kernel patch) is notorius for causing some massive battery drain. That's why that feature is not included.

Just updated from RLS6.. .. .. WOW, what a difference. Have fallen in love with my blade all over again :-) Only thing I notice, which was a problem in RLS6 as well, is the WiFi seems to stay on constantly and drains the battery?

Wifi stays connected for 15 minutes after screen is turned of (if wifi sleep policy is set to 'when screen off'). If wifi sleep policy is set to 'never', then it never disconnects.

Guest paulus22

Please excuse me jumping in here. As a bit of a luddite I upgraded my Blade when first purchased to Japanese Jellyfish - and have stayed on it. This appears a very neat single step solution to 2.3.5 and I am tempted to join you guys on this route. The only real issue I have currently is the dreaded BT connection to an in-car voice activated device which will connect to my phone but cannot drive it via the normal voice commands. Does gingerbread solve this issue and allow a prod on my in-car device to wake up the phone ready for use - just like most phones over the past 5 years have been doing? If it does then this is my project for tomorrow. Many thanks.

Edited by paulus22

Guest daniel3ub

Hi!

Continuing the process of stress test this ROM (i.e. using it day-by-day in my only cell phone :D ) I've noticed that the auto-bright feature is not working quite as well as it used to work before with the Triple2 ROM (or even the stock China Unicom's ROM).

The transition from one brightness level to another is not so smooth now as it was before, and sometimes I have to cover the sensor with my finger to make the brightness level change at all.

Please please please note that is not a complaint, but much more a feedback so you, Oh Wise Guys Who Code, can maybe try to reproduce this behavior and maybe figure out what is making the auto brightness behave this way.

Thanks a lot!

Guest thewild

I think the background sound you're hearing is called 'stereo audio crosstalk'

This link there is a little discussion over it http://www.head-fi.o...ortable-devices

There is actually nothing you can do about it if you desire to keep using DSP manager or any other audio amplifier for that matter. But if you still find find it annoying to hear this leaking sound, you should disable or stop using DSP manager altogether. This becomes very apparent when there are silent parts in a song so this includes for most songs the end. Even when DSP manager is turned off, this sound could still be heard by the good listeners.

On a side note this sound problem should be across a lot smartphones, they're having multitasking functionality replacing lots of old portable devices, they're jack of all trades master of none.

Thanks for your very instructive answer.

I think this sound is present wether or not DSP manager equalizer is enabled for the headphones or not. I'll check tomorrow.

I found another simple equalizer app that can lower all levels by -15dB, which is better than DSP manager's -10dB. Not sure it does not reset sometimes though, I've just used it once for now.

I find it weird that I seem to be the only one to find volume level to be so high.

RDS needs also kernel patch to work, installing just the app won't do. RDS version of that radio app (or the kernel patch) is notorius for causing some massive battery drain. That's why that feature is not included.

Ah yes, I think I've read that somewhere. It's a good reason, but that's sad because I still listen to FM a lot ! ;)

Thanks !

Guest DarkCrono

Hi!

Continuing the process of stress test this ROM (i.e. using it day-by-day in my only cell phone :D ) I've noticed that the auto-bright feature is not working quite as well as it used to work before with the Triple2 ROM (or even the stock China Unicom's ROM).

The transition from one brightness level to another is not so smooth now as it was before, and sometimes I have to cover the sensor with my finger to make the brightness level change at all.

Please please please note that is not a complaint, but much more a feedback so you, Oh Wise Guys Who Code, can maybe try to reproduce this behavior and maybe figure out what is making the auto brightness behave this way.

Thanks a lot!

I noticed it too. However, I realize this is a problem with some apps that take the control over the light sensor, like the camera, for example. I often need to cover the sensor after open the camera to get the auto brightness get to work.

Guest MadeInBeats

Wifi stays connected for 15 minutes after screen is turned of (if wifi sleep policy is set to 'when screen off'). If wifi sleep policy is set to 'never', then it never disconnects.

Thank you. That setting is well hidden isn't it! It was set to never so I changed it. ROM has improved so much... Can't believe you were just going to leave it at RLS7!!

Guest Pettman

i have a question, i installed this rom for a couple of days ago and the install and everything feels really smooth and nice but the problem is that i get no reception on my cell phone i have a phone from Comviq/gen2 zte blade i did all the three wipes, so what did i do wrong?

Regards Pettman

Guest thewild

Actually you were right, this sound is very loud whenever an equalizer app is active (DSP manager or another one). It can definitively still be heard when equalizers are off though.

Well, I still haven't found a good way to lower this volume... :(

Hello, guys!

Please tell me, do I have to wipe dalvik cache before flashing MHMP RLS9?

Now I have jellyfish 2.2 on my phone.

Thank you!

Edited by skethi

Guest Amphoras

Hello, guys!

Please tell me, do I need wipe dalvik cache before flashing MHMP RLS9?

Now I have jellyfish 2.2 on my phone.

Thank you!

You'll probably need to wipe everything.

Guest Maxsas360

Might wanna move to the Swedish Snow RLS1, since thats the new rom by konstat.

and there for this one is discontinued.

But Swedish Snow is fresh and can and will have bugs that need to be fixed. If you have Rls9 installed there's no point to update, because full wipe is needed.

Guest taannuk

Could you please kindly advise what to do and how to partition SD Card for this ROM to have e2ext enabled. Do I need special programmes for it?

Sorry for a silly question but just upgraded to this ROM from JJ9 and want to have an option to move application to ext partition to get more free space.

Thank you!

Is 2-way recording working on MMHMP RLS9? Somebody in this thread (i guess using older version of MMHMP) said it works, but i tested all kernels and ZTE dialer (and also some apps) cannot record both sides.

Guest Maxsas360

Could you please kindly advise what to do and how to partition SD Card for this ROM to have e2ext enabled. Do I need special programmes for it?

Sorry for a silly question but just upgraded to this ROM from JJ9 and want to have an option to move application to ext partition to get more free space.

Thank you!

• Turn the phone off
  • Turn it on while holding volume-
  • ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
  • Use volume button to go to ‘advanced’.
  • Then press home button.
  • Select ‘Partition SD Card’.
  • Select the EXT size that you want (128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M, 2048M or 4096M).
  • Select 0M as the Swap Size.
  • That’s all.