HUAWEI U8800 PRO

Guest Sere83

Huawei are apparently releasing a new version of the U8880 with an upgraded Qualcomm MSM8255 1GHz CPU. HOTMID is selling for $269

http://hotmid.com/hu...bile-phone.html

I presume this will be incompatible with all current roms though due to cpu change though right?

CPU is not really a problem. I've got MIUI and Oxygen to boot on PRO, but it needs more work. Currently not working:

* GSM (doesnt even see the simcard)

* Camera

* Bluetooth

* WiFi

* Sound

* Vibration

* External SD card

Cool, still considering getting a normal U8800 mainly for the cheap price and MIUI support. How much better Is the CPU in the PRO? Can't imagine the performance difference would be too much considering the fact the run the same GPU .

Edited by Sere83

Guest cooldfuzion

Huawei are apparently releasing a new version of the U8880 with an upgraded Qualcomm MSM8255 1GHz CPU. HOTMID is selling for $269

http://hotmid.com/hu...bile-phone.html

I presume this will be incompatible with all current roms though due to cpu change though right?

It´s a expensive phone for just a few things upgraded, the Huawei Honor will cost almost the same price (269$ - 300$) and it´s way better!

Edited by cooldfuzion

It´s a expensive phone for just a few things upgraded, the Huawei Honor will cost almost the same price (269$ - 300$) and it´s way better!

The only thing that is better in it - is camera. Yeah, it has overclocked msm8655, but we can overclock our u8800pro too, when huawei releases kernel source

hmm, interesting. I don't want to spend more than around $300 / £200 and want a new android phone with power, really want to run MIUI though. The U8800 build of MIUI still looks like it has a few issues to me.

Honour looks nice though, hope it gets MIUI, wish the Xiaomi would just properly release already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...