24 Oct Gr8 WIP (KJ2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Androidlover287

@Paul,

I just sign up for your Modaco premium account (via filesonic) hope you can complete the setup at your end so I can start using your kitchen :)

Why did you not just pay for adfree, but for $9 i'll sign up anyway.

What are the benefits of Filesonic?

Hi Paul what is the difference between the roms from the two kitchens? GR7 didn't mean much to me I am guessing it is based on a new stock rom, but what if any are the advantages of GR7? Cheers Mark

No new prebake today as yesterday's updates were only market downloadable components. Better stuff coming today. ;)

P

Hate this! Keep on putting off the upgrade until the build has all of these things :P

Guest kayceejayh

Hi Paul what is the difference between the roms from the two kitchens? GR7 didn't mean much to me I am guessing it is based on a new stock rom, but what if any are the advantages of GR7? Cheers Mark

Yes it's based on a new ROM from Samsung which is Version 2.3.5 instead of 2.3.4, Samsung don't release changelogs between versions, so you have to find the differences yourself, there is a slightly altered font and apparently mildly better battery life in this latest update (probably some bug fixes too!)

K

Thanks K!

Yes it's based on a new ROM from Samsung which is Version 2.3.5 instead of 2.3.4, Samsung don't release changelogs between versions, so you have to find the differences yourself, there is a slightly altered font and apparently mildly better battery life in this latest update (probably some bug fixes too!)

K

Guest Androidlover287

I am running the latest build of GR7 custom bake, but every time i go into Polaris office any try to create any new documents, i get this error.

post-811669-0-07309600-1318606371_thumb.

Edited by Androidlover287

Fixed it now,

Had to factory reset :(

Rooted my phone then installed this via CWM now I have a boot loop.

Samsung splash and anim ... repeat.

Any help on recovery?

Edited by stumbo

Hi Paul

I have a q and a couple of feature requests:

Does this need a wipe coming from Gr5?

Features that I'm missing from CM7 on my desire that would be nice to have if possible:

Using long press volume control to skip tracks - annoying to have to get phone out and unlock when walking along listening on random.

Quick unlock on PIN lock - don't have to press ok

Customisable auto brightness levels

I saw on xda someone has hacked the volume control mod into an S2 so it seems possible but maybe pretty difficult? The others may be aren't possible or are big efforts too but thought I'd throw them out there.

Thanks for the great work!

Guest mynameisjon

Phone apk FCs, as well as samsung messaging. stock android messaging works fine (the google flavoured one).

I have attached a log that shows me trying to open the phone.apk.

FC when call ends as well, radio connection drops out before reconnecting.

not sure what's wrong.

alogcat.2011-10-16-01-43-14-0500.txt

Edited by mynameisjon

Guest rameses

Paul, any chance of including options to disable the various vibrates like you have for sounds, such as connection of charger and power off.

Does this ROM / Kernel include USB host support? I bought a dongle from eBay but can't get it to work properly with Gr5 so I was wondering if either the dongle was faulty or just not supported. The dongle works for attaching USB drives but not keyboards / mice.

Guest mynameisjon

Well i've tried doing a full wipe to fix the android.process.acore force close (log posted on page 2), but now I get settings.apk force close when I try to go into about phone.

Guest Junior Bear

what features does this rom have over Gr5?

i like how my phone currently is, if i nandroid, can i got back to gr5 if i dont like gr7? by doing a nandroid restore?

Guest Mikez026

what features does this rom have over Gr5?

i like how my phone currently is, if i nandroid, can i got back to gr5 if i dont like gr7? by doing a nandroid restore?

if u restore a nandroid it's like a full backup on your pc so yes u can :P

Guest mynameisjon

anyone else experiencing com.android.acore force closes? I know Google+ 2.0 causes it, but I'm using Google+ 1.08.

It is definitely a problem with Gr7 since I had no problem with Gr5, but the moment I flashed Gr7 (the one with the updated google apps), I get the FCs.

It seems to have something to do with the logs because if I wipe contacts (contacts.apk and contact storage), I can load up the dialer, but the moment I hit up the call logs, bam I get an FC.

Also FCs when I end calls which matches up with the theory that logsprovider.apk is the culprit.

Edited by mynameisjon

I am running the latest build of GR7 custom bake, but every time i go into Polaris office any try to create any new documents, i get this error.

post-811669-0-07309600-1318606371_thumb.

OK, i'll look into that!

P

Whatever happened to GR6?

Not that i'm not gagging to download this and get it installed :)

Gr6 was KI3 which I wasn't impressed with, hence it never got released! :D

P

Phone apk FCs, as well as samsung messaging. stock android messaging works fine (the google flavoured one).

I have attached a log that shows me trying to open the phone.apk.

FC when call ends as well, radio connection drops out before reconnecting.

not sure what's wrong.

I don't get a Phone FC, nor Samsung messaging... anyone else?

P

Paul, any chance of including options to disable the various vibrates like you have for sounds, such as connection of charger and power off.

Does this ROM / Kernel include USB host support? I bought a dongle from eBay but can't get it to work properly with Gr5 so I was wondering if either the dongle was faulty or just not supported. The dongle works for attaching USB drives but not keyboards / mice.

Yes, good idea, i'll definitely work on that!

re: USB host support, it should work... I don't have a dongle to test however! I'll add in the stock kernel / CF-Root so you can test...

P