[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Please please please if you are having any problems apart from the following:

• Battery Drain
  • Wifi re-connection / sleep issues
  • Android process force close at the start / after toggling flight mode
  • The odd crash / freeze / restart (Although I haven't really had any)

Recommended procedure:

1. Flash the Stock recovery for your version
  2. Flash the latest PKG
    360 - For retail
  3. Allow the device to boot once
  4. Flash StreakMod recovery
  5. Flash AMS and DSP1 from the OP
    Note: These are different from previous 2.3 builds
  6. Flash GingerStreak 2.4 beta
  7. Wipe Data / Cache
  8. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Under advanced
  9. Perform a Dell Factory reset
    Option 1 in recovery BEFORE entering StreakMod
  10. Allow the device to boot

Thats actually perfect. i was going to type this up but you got it down right.

Guest Papi-jj
what baseband should this have? mine is showing GAUSB1A140514-EU and i cant get any data over the mobile network and it wont let me acces the ANP settings, it tells me "preloadnetworksettings is still loading"

i really dont want t ahve to wipe and start from the begining again

I have the same baseband. So I guess u r OK.

I found the factory reset from the first menu("vol up+dn+power up" with four choices, touchscreen calibration,update pkg, factory reset..etc) works better than the factory reset in streakmod recovery mode

Guest lordmorphous

Yesterday I only lost 2% battery in 6 hours. Today I lost 51% in 6 hours. BetterBatteryStats tells me there was over an hour's activity under wakelocks for GTALK_ASYNC_CONN. Any ideas? Seems like some apps don't really close when you back out of them. I noticed this yesterday with Tango. Battery life was excellent before I installed Tango. Afterwards, not so much. Killed Tango under Running Services and battery life was good again. Since GTALK_ASYNC_CONN is a google service, I'm assuming an app using it is failing to exit properly. Just haven't figured out which one, or why.

Guest zsolti222

Hey Guys, Welcome back! This Rom is awesome, its light years apart from the previous versions , so great job! Its fast, and real stable!

Bug Report:

1.Sometimes reboots in my pocket when I stop playing music in my car and put it in my pocket and it stays at the dell logo, need to take battery out... maybe something to do with winamp, I dont know.

Ohter then that its realy good!

Thanks Steve And fards!

Edited by zsolti222

Guest MACQUEYL

As a side note to those complaining about the landscape orientation: Some of us like the fact that landscape is the locked orientation. If you really like portrait, you do have the ability to adjust it in the "display settings."

Just in case you did not know that.

Guest Papi-jj
As a side note to those complaining about the landscape orientation: Some of us like the fact that landscape is the locked orientation. If you really like portrait, you do have the ability to adjust it in the "display settings."

Just in case you did not know that.

+1 Stability is the most important for a rom in my opinion. The other stuff is minor. This rom has been more stable than 2.3.

Guest MACQUEYL

+1 Stability is the most important for a rom in my opinion. The other stuff is minor. This rom has been more stable than 2.3.

I totally agree; that is the "other" reason I posted this reply.

I wish we had kernel sources so that we could compile:

- cifs

- usb host and ntfs

- etc...

doubt we are going to get it because its an unreleased "confidential" rom.

Guest sturmavik

Best ROM on the Streak BY FAR. Totally smooth, everything works, no FCs, lightning fast, great battery life, even normal headphones work. At last a Gingerbread daily driver. This is the ROM Dell should have released months ago.

Thank you!

Man I really want to update my phone. Im still on 1.5.2 :( kind of forgot the whole process and dont have the balls to try on my only phone without someone holding my hand

Man I really want to update my phone. Im still on 1.5.2 :( kind of forgot the whole process and dont have the balls to try on my only phone without someone holding my hand

Read the wiki on xda.

Guest justxroro

im having the same trouble... ive never had to use the qdl tool but now im tryin and having a ton of adb driver problems. can anyone pls walk me through the adb driver process? I tried to install r288920.exe driver in streakdroid qdl tutorial, as well as those on the dell website (pc suite drivers), but im still havin trouble using qdl. i get all the way to "wait for adb device... then i get the adb fastboot mode timeout error".

can someone pls help me with the qdl tool so i can get my "bricked" streak back up and running?

note: i tried to install 2.4 over fard's 2.3 (without updating the amss/dsp1) and it worked fine minus the blinking light issue. kudos mr hyde & fards!!!

Hello,

Thank you for this release.

I have a question :

I installed the AMSS and the DSP1 using fastboot command successfully.

Then, reboot my streak.

But, now, it doesn't want to pass the first Dell logo ...

When I tried to boot using the photo button or the double volume buttons, it doesn't want to pass as well...

Do you have some tips to unlock my phone ?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Guest Papi-jj

The instructions state u must flash amss and dsp1. Why do people continue to ignore this? Folllow the instructions and everything should work fine. By the way that is why u have the blinking lights if u have not figured it out yet!?! =-O

Guest Tungsifu

ok, after flashing amss/dsp1 I do get the wifi/app data prob but didn't when I just laced the ROM over beta2...flashing lights or iffy wifi both pretty minor in my opinion...next step is Dell factory wypeage...update on that one later tonight;)

Edited by Tungsifu

Guest Virtu300

@Virtu300

Almoss the same as me ;)

Add: Flash stock recovery -> install 360.pkg -> Allow it to boot once -> flash streakmod -> then continue with your steps

Doing this now. Totally missed doing this step! Hope it works!

-Update: Followed the steps exactly. Activating tether still reboots the phone, resulting in the tether UI disappearing.

One thing to note: with the stock recovery and 360 pkg installed, tether works.

Gonna go through the steps one more time. Wish me luck.

Edited by Virtu300

Guest Virtu300

Please please please if you are having any problems apart from the following:

• Battery Drain
  • Wifi re-connection / sleep issues
  • Android process force close at the start / after toggling flight mode
  • The odd crash / freeze / restart (Although I haven't really had any)
    Recommended procedure:

1. Flash the Stock recovery for your version
  2. Flash the latest PKG
    360 - For retail
  3. .....etc

Thanks for the step by step. :-)