[ROM] CM7 for Vega

Guest TheShak

Guest xathras

Has anyone tried this... http://www.cyanogenm...ces/advent-vega

might try this over the weekend... good to get some feedback on this

Cheers

It's based on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and I used it happily for several weeks before the first Vegacomb became available. Why anyone would want to use it when a good port of Android 3.2 exists is beyond me. I'd better go and make a Will now before I'm shot down in flames by hordes of angry cyanogen fans. If you search the forum you will find threads on it that will give you more information.

Guest sjrixon

I tried it for a bit.. 'Just to see'. Honeycomb isn't reliable on my Vega (Drops into a deep sleep and I can't turn it on) I swapped back to Corvus5 just because I had spend the time setting everything up and it did everything I needed..

Guest dibbles

CM7 is a very capable and fast ROM on the Vega. The only thing that I had to do is to remove the DSP manager before installing it as that would produce an error when booted. The tablet tweaks and the overall speed is very good and the ROM itself is quite small.

Edited by dibbles

Guest sjrixon

I didn't see much noticeable difference to Corvus5. But there doesn't appear to be the 'community' around it. There is a little on XDA developers, but nothing like you see here..

Guest dibbles

I like the status bar on the bottom option and the no lock feature at boot, these are just two things that the Corvus ROM does not have.I do agree that there has been little community activity with that ROM in this forum but maybe because there is so one person driving its creation and development. Also now VC 3.2 is on the scene there seems little advantage in using the CM7 ROM for what I want to use my tablet for.

Guest warriorscot
Also now VC 3.2 is on the scene there seems little advantage in using the CM7 ROM for what I want to use my tablet for.

The big thing about CM7 its very stable in comparison with not a lot of bugs and plenty user functionality changes to make android 2 more tablet friendly. Its actually better in some ways than 3.2 which even in its current incarnation on the vega still has a fair few bugs and issues in comparison. Its also in heavy active development as the vega is now in the CM7 main release as an official device so you get all the CM7 updates. I am actually thinking of going back as while vegacomb is good and looks great in more practical terms CM7 is actually more functional.

Its also very mature its coming up on its 200th nightly build since its initial release and is part of the official build list.

Edited by warriorscot

Guest xathras

Its also very mature its coming up on its 200th nightly build since its initial release and is part of the official build list.

The cm7 nightly builds are not an ever improving ROM. Nightlys sometimes introduce brand new bugs.

Quote:-

Just installed N216 and have a problem downloading some apps. BBC iPlayer, IMDB, and Nvidia Tegra Zone. Get the following "Not available for this device"

Previouslyon N211 and had no problems with these apps

Don't assume that I'm anti-cm7 - I'm not. I donated £10 to Mad Murdoch for his excellent work.

Edited by xathras