MEDION P4310 (ZTE SKATE) Android 2.3.5

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Thanks. I have got ClockwokMod installed, but I am not sure whether I have root access. How to check? In super manager is does not seem to allow me to enable root access needing tools.

Where is this backup on the first page? do you mean on the first page of the new ROM installation?

I dont know what supermanager is :S And if you have a new rom (OS) installed you are rooted. If you you did not install a modifyd Medion ROM or custom rom like Cyanogenmod you dont have root acces. Installing Clockworkmod is not rooting your device it gives you the options to do it.

I edited the first post i hope it makes things clear...

Guest hvis1608

I dont know what supermanager is :S And if you have a new rom (OS) installed you are rooted. If you you did not install a modifyd Medion ROM or custom rom like Cyanogenmod you dont have root acces. Installing Clockworkmod is not rooting your device it gives you the options to do it.

I edited the first post i hope it makes things clear...

Thanks. I've got it now. You recommend the Bluemonte. You never had any issues? It all works fine with Bluemonte?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Thanks. I've got it now. You recommend the Bluemonte. You never had any issues? It all works fine with Bluemonte?

Yes it all works fine with bluemonte, im using Cyanogenmod right now and thats pretty good two. It has more options and i think better battery life.

But bluemonte is more stable and looks really nice but its allmost the same imo.

Guest hvis1608

Yes it all works fine with bluemonte, im using Cyanogenmod right now and thats pretty good two. It has more options and i think better battery life.

But bluemonte is more stable and looks really nice but its allmost the same imo.

With bluemonte MyPhoneExplorer (to sync contacts, agenda, etc.) did not longer work, so I re-flashed it with the rooted ROM for Medion + Link2SD. Works perfectly

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hvis1608

Actually i never tried Johnny Hung's methode, how do you do that?

Sorry Wacky for not having replied earlier, but I was out. In fact I followed the instructions, it is similar as flashing other images. However I still had some troubles recquiring me to reinstall, and today I found out why. My micro sdhc (sandisk) 8gb died. So now I lost the link2SD data and some other data on the SD card (most is backed up). So while I wait for the new 16gb microsd arrives I will use my good old ACER F900 (windows mobile). Will copy the back up on new microsd (including the steps for link2sd) in the hope that I do not need to reinstall everything. If all goes wrong, I will have to reinstall everything (will keep me busy for a weekend or so). So in short all my annoyances were probably due to the bad microsd card and not the phone (I hope)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hvis1608

Sorry Wacky for not having replied earlier, but I was out. In fact I followed the instructions, it is similar as flashing other images. However I still had some troubles recquiring me to reinstall, and today I found out why. My micro sdhc (sandisk) 8gb died. So now I lost the link2SD data and some other data on the SD card (most is backed up). So while I wait for the new 16gb microsd arrives I will use my good old ACER F900 (windows mobile). Will copy the back up on new microsd (including the steps for link2sd) in the hope that I do not need to reinstall everything. If all goes wrong, I will have to reinstall everything (will keep me busy for a weekend or so). So in short all my annoyances were probably due to the bad microsd card and not the phone (I hope)

UPDATE:

Have put a new 8GB card in (class4) and did not experience any other problems. Upgraded now to a 16GB class 6 and it is even better. Here and there my MP3 seems to hick up when listening so I'll try another music player, but this can also be due to the file and perhaps the CPU speed booster. Will try to find out.

RE-UPDATE:

The hick-ups when playing mp3s seems to be due to the wifi scanning while walking/metro-ing, etc.. If I disable wifi the music runs fluently.

Edited by hvis1608

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hvis1608

Have somebody want to try my patch file for MEDION P4310 Android 2.3.5 --> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7NKE5AR

I had to verification on the Taiwan-mobile T3 Android 2.3.5 , root permissions added no problem !

(please refer to attach readme.txt ,first !)

Thanks, I have it. It works. I have also installed superuser, link2sd and it all works great. Did also overclocking but disabled this out of fear to consume more battery power (prefer a bit slower but longer use). Moved the medion navigation to the sdcard (saving space on the device). Also added some ringtones and notification sounds to the phone deleting those on the phone which I did not lide, hences making sure that even by using the usb storage function the ringtone does not go back to the default one.

Overall very pleased with the phone and your rom. My compliments and thanks.

Guest Redstarr1

Hi Wacky

I have no major issues with cyanogen mod

other question: what would be a good CPU overclocked value for the Medion (I use 844 now)? and, in fact, I forgot what the original value is, do you recall?

Thanks

The original clock was around 787MHz. I overclocked my phone to 960MHz, but it often got very hot and the battery drained like crazy. So now I'm at 825MHz, and it's plenty fast for me. The internet-connection is the real bottleneck for me. I have Mobile Vikings, which is great in Leuven, excellent 3G-reception there, but when I'm not in Leuven I only have Edge-connection, so it's veeeery slowly then.

Guest Atomix86

Mine is clocked at 960mhz and has run well since day one, every cpu has a different limit however, so try one increment at a time until it won't take it, you'll soon find the sweet spot.

The original clock was around 787MHz. I overclocked my phone to 960MHz, but it often got very hot and the battery drained like crazy. So now I'm at 825MHz, and it's plenty fast for me. The internet-connection is the real bottleneck for me. I have Mobile Vikings, which is great in Leuven, excellent 3G-reception there, but when I'm not in Leuven I only have Edge-connection, so it's veeeery slowly then.

Can I ask you, what are your upload speeds ?

(mine 80-90Kbit/s with H or G icon)

What does the spec on your box say ?

(mine from Aldi germany say 384Kbit/s)

Network is TDC Denmark, which has full speed U/D on other phone with same sim.

I am really puzzled by this, since it is *assumed* that the P4310 is a Skate/OMC clone.

Looks like hardware is ul-limited.

I have tried stock radio and now T743TB01 with same lame result. Stock Medion / CM7 / Atomic 2.5

Any thoughts ?

Guest Redstarr1

Can I ask you, what are your upload speeds ?

(mine 80-90Kbit/s with H or G icon)

What does the spec on your box say ?

(mine from Aldi germany say 384Kbit/s)

Network is TDC Denmark, which has full speed U/D on other phone with same sim.

I am really puzzled by this, since it is *assumed* that the P4310 is a Skate/OMC clone.

Looks like hardware is ul-limited.

I have tried stock radio and now T743TB01 with same lame result. Stock Medion / CM7 / Atomic 2.5

Any thoughts ?

Can't check that now because I'm at my parents' place and the network only has 2G available here. When I go to my own place this weekend, I have HDSPA connection and I could check it out for you (the box is also there, to see the specs). But I can already tell you that it's way more than 80-90Kbit/s, probably even more than 384. Feels just as fast as using WiFi. So it's a problem only you seem to have.

I have another problem though: when I remove the battery or I use the phone until the battery is completely empty, I can't send any messages or call anyone for a while afterwards. Takes up to 8 hours before it starts working again. That's actually the reason I got this phone, because my brother was using it at first and he kept on having this problem. But installing another ROM seems to have fixed this problem, it didn't happen last time when I got the battery out to insert another SD-card. Anyone else have this weird problem?

• 2 months later...
Guest Wacky.ddw

The easiest way to go back to complete stock (if you have clockworkmod installed)

Step 1: Flash the medion backup i made (after i flashed clockworkmod)

Step 2: skip if you didnt change your splash screen. "MEDION_STOCK_SPLASH_CMW.zip"

Step 3: Flash "stock_recovery_signed.zip" Once you reboot clockworkmod will be gone :)

Or if you want to flash all the partitions trough ADB follow my tutorial and download the FULL stock backup :)

Here is the link all the files are there :) http://minus.com/mTDUBIpFa

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Der_Floo

The easiest way to go back to complete stock (if you have clockworkmod installed)

Step 1: Flash the medion backup i made (after i flashed clockworkmod)

Step 2: skip if you didnt change your splash screen. "MEDION_STOCK_SPLASH_CMW.zip"

Step 3: Flash "stock_recovery_signed.zip" Once you reboot clockworkmod will be gone :)

Or if you want to flash all the partitions trough ADB follow my tutorial and download the FULL stock backup :)

Here is the link all the files are there :) http://minus.com/mTDUBIpFa

a little question but my english is bad..i have a medion p4310 from aldi...and flashed some cutsom roms and sometimes the orginal ZTE stock rom ...but now i would like to go back to the orginal rom from aldi...i do it like you i flashed the backup etc....but when i boot i get a never ending black screen...the screen is light...but nothing comes...?!?!? and how i can flash the rom through adb?? ...for the zte stock rom i created an image with TPTGenerator....but for the medion rom it doesnt work...i hope somebody understand me and help ?!

Guest Wacky.ddw

a little question but my english is bad..i have a medion p4310 from aldi...and flashed some cutsom roms and sometimes the orginal ZTE stock rom ...but now i would like to go back to the orginal rom from aldi...i do it like you i flashed the backup etc....but when i boot i get a never ending black screen...the screen is light...but nothing comes...?!?!? and how i can flash the rom through adb?? ...for the zte stock rom i created an image with TPTGenerator....but for the medion rom it doesnt work...i hope somebody understand me and help ?!

Follow part 10 in my FAQ then download the files and follow the instructions in the post above :)

Guest Der_Floo

Follow part 10 in my FAQ then download the files and follow the instructions in the post above :)

so i tried to flash the stock vie adb !!! all works but when i want to flash the system.img ...adb says to me system.img ist to large...error...?! WHAT? :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Muloo

hi there

First of, great tutorial !

I had no problems to install rooted rom

my only question is, could you please re-upload the custom GB_BEL + Su rom 2.3.5 because MU is offline :s

Only the 2.3.4 link still work

Thanks

Edited by Muloo

Guest frikje

HERE ARE THE LINKS LINKS FOR THE MEDION P4310

GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02 (Thanks to v1pEr and me)

This is complete stock, flash trough ADB.

LINK: http://min.us/mTDUBIpFa#1o

Hi,

i have no idea how i can flash the stock rom with ADB.

I can't find any information on google for this device, nor general tutorials. I downloaded the rar with the boot,recovery and system-files.

can u help me?

Bedankt op voorhand :)

Edited by frikje

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cryoglobe

Hello guys having a Medion Skate ...

I'm a bit puzzle since a couple of weeks ...

my GPS is not working really well ( close to not work at all ) ... if I have a signal it's for a couple of second , nothing more !!!

not really easy for gps navigation ...

It's nto the software ... as google navigation & sygic have the same problem ... it's really coming from the way the skate is receiving or interpreting the gps info.

I tried to do a full factory reset ( I've not yet tried to reflash the stock image from Medion ... ) .. re-install the Atomic R13 ..

Always the same problem :(

Any idea how to find the root cause ( and find a solution ? )

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cryoglobe

Hello

No reply to my last mail ... :(

I'll try something : make the phone as the first day , but for that I need a stock rom of the Aldi Medion Skate

Do you have a link to this rom ? ( the link I see in this topic are always megaupload one :( )

Kind regards

Guest Der_Floo

Hello

No reply to my last mail ... :(

I'll try something : make the phone as the first day , but for that I need a stock rom of the Aldi Medion Skate

Do you have a link to this rom ? ( the link I see in this topic are always megaupload one :( )

Kind regards

what is the problem ?

http://min.us/mTDUBIpFa#1o

download and unzip and you have your stock rom ?! :) i used it too because i have the aldi ZTE verdion too :)