Want to reset to factory settings but it won't reboot

Guest jrgv

Hi,

I bought my zte san francisco a few months ago, I directly installed clokwork on it and zte recovery tool, I was planning on installing a costum rom instantly but than my phone went spazzy so I waited some time to do it and removed everything if I needed to bring it back. now I want to install a custom rom but when I install recovery on the zte recovery tool it says that the recovery is unrecognized, so I update database and I have a custom rom on my SD-card. it says no good files. I now Wanna wipe everything but just the android pops up and that's it when it reboots what now?

Basically it won't reboot itself and I can't install a costum Rom should I do a TPT or something else I'm really desperate. :) so if you know the answer or can give me a hint what will work please post it here or a link to a topic about this but I already checked and it didn't quite fit my picture

Guest doogsville

Basically it won't reboot itself and I can't install a costum Rom should I do a TPT or something else I'm really desperate. :) so if you know the answer or can give me a hint what will work please post it here or a link to a topic about this but I already checked and it didn't quite fit my picture

You're problem sounds a little vague to be honest. If you can describe exactly what you removed to 'bring it back', and exactly which recovery tool you are trying to install, it might help people give you some answers. In the meantime, I would use TPT to put clockwork mod on the phone, and when it's on, install either the stock ROM or a custom ROM, but only after doing a full wipe. If that doesn't work you need to post exactly what your phone is doing when you switch it on, when you switch it on with volume - held down, and what it does when you hold the other combinations of buttons down. That way the people with experience will be able to understand what the problem is and give you some ideas for fixing it.

Basically with bring it back I meant to the shop. I tried to do it the way it's pinned on the homepage ( the Steven harper uk guide). When I launch zte recovery tool (37b) it says in the guide I need to install the 36b but I can't find that one. Than I go to the recovery tab and I select install recovery than I select clockwork but than beneath there appears a little bar saying Recovery installed : unrecognized. If I hit the firmware and press install firmware it gives me an error. So I tried to factory reset and try again but when it says rebooting the android appears and it looks like it gets stuck at that. There is not yet a custom Rom installed but it's not orange it's mobistar if that says anything

Guest doogsville

Found out what was wrong I installed the newest version of clockwork and it didn't work tried an older one and works fine

Cool, glad you got it fixed. I had the same problem with recovery manager not recognising a newer version of Clockworkmod. To be honest I wish I'd just put RomManager on instead of recovery manager. RomManager will download and install the latest version of Clockwork for you. Maybe the guide should be changed to mention that, cos I don't think we're the only two people who have had problems with recovery manager. I used to be a Unix sytems administrator and I've been using computers since 1992, so I reckon I know my way around, but I had a bit of a hard time flashing my phone usin recovery manager :(

Also, it seems to me we shouldn't have to be using old versions of Clockworkmod anyway, they may not be available forever.

Edited by doogsville

yeah indeed the guide should be updated. :rolleyes:

and what is rom Manager never heard of that :-/

but thanks anyway I am actually happy I didn't brick my phone