CM7 wifi issue

Guest AndyHibberd

Guest bigklan

Damn - I thought I had just messed up something, but I am experiencing the same thing! It was working great and then I turned off wifi and have never been able to turn it back on again! Doh!

I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas?

I thought it was because I used titanium backup to restore wifi settings (which it still may be)...

HELP!

I thought it was because I used titanium backup to restore wifi settings (which it still may be)...

In my experience it is best to never try to restore wifi settings with Titanium Backup, not between ROMs anyway. It seems TB should only be considered reliable for user-installed apps and their data.

On the latest stable cm7 release I turn on wifi but it turns itself off after a few seconds. What's going on?

Wifi is rock solid for me on the latest stable release. I have only had problems when restoring settings from Titanium Backup, or if the wifi access point is not performing well. The default wifi sleep policy in CM is when the screen turns off, so try setting it to "never".

So is there any way I can restore the 'default' wifi settings of CM7.1 without having to wipe, and reinstall?

Not that I know of. You don't need to reinstall, you can just wipe, but that doesn't save you very much.

Not that I know of. You don't need to reinstall, you can just wipe, but that doesn't save you very much.

Hold on. Perhaps you can just delete the wifi config file. I have just tried this and it seems to work - install File Expert from the Market. Run it (you may need to enable root exploring in menu->more->settings->file explorer settings but then be very careful as you could delete important files) and click back a couple of times to get to root. Then find /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf. Delete it then reboot.

Edited by nrev

Guest bigklan

Hold on. Perhaps you can just delete the wifi config file. I have just tried this and it seems to work - install File Expert from the Market. Run it (you may need to enable root exploring in menu->more->settings->file explorer settings but then be very careful as you could delete important files) and click back a couple of times to get to root. Then find /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf. Delete it then reboot.

I just used terminal emulator to do that... Rebooted - wifi isn't turning off anymore - unfortunately I am not near any wifi hotspots at this moment to test connecting.

THANKS! Awesome suggestion.

Guest bigklan

Just tested connecting to wireless - WORKS LIKE A CHARM!

THANKS!

steps for using terminal emulator (just hit enter after each line) for anyone who may need it:

su *(to get root access)

cd /data/misc/wifi/

ls *(this is the list command - just to make sure you are in the right directory)

rm wpa_supplicant.conf

That's it, reboot and you are done!

Choice!

Edited by bigklan

Guest AndyHibberd

Nice one guys! I post it before bed and wake up to an answer.I thought titanium might be intefering with settings....I'm gonna try this later but I'm confident it will work, otherwise I'll do a wipe and not restore titanium system settings from the different rom.

Thanks,

Andy