ZTE Blade TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Your better off doing a GEN3 with 100% orig files inc the splash

Aparently fast boot is enabled already

Someone posted this in my thread yesterday

Hi there guys.

Maybe you already know that but maybe not..hehe

Yesterday I installed official 2.3.5 on my blade. I wanted to flash clockwork mod but to get to fastboot you need to hold "home button" and "-" buttons instead of "+" as usual. By accident I found this Video on Youtube, it´s in Russian but look how he goes to fastboot mode:

SO there is fastboot enabled in stock Gen3 :-D I have Clockwork now.

p.s. On my blade it stays on ZTE logo not on green android when in fastboot mode.

As they don't seem to be working at all, removing the Gen 3 links for now.

I have confirmed this works

my friend had a brand new monte carlo arrive from orange yesterday

and it turned up bricked (just sat on android logo)

and i used fastboot to recover it to save him sending it back

Your better off doing a GEN3 with 100% orig files inc the splash

Aparently fast boot is enabled already

Someone posted this in my thread yesterday

Hi there guys.

Maybe you already know that but maybe not..hehe

Yesterday I installed official 2.3.5 on my blade. I wanted to flash clockwork mod but to get to fastboot you need to hold "home button" and "-" buttons instead of "+" as usual. By accident I found this Video on Youtube, it´s in Russian but look how he goes to fastboot mode:

SO there is fastboot enabled in stock Gen3 :-D I have Clockwork now.

p.s. On my blade it stays on ZTE logo not on green android when in fastboot mode.

Guest martin tander(estonia)

I have a question...if i go to stock gen1,then tpt to stock gen2 using tpt from here,is it possible to go to gen3 using tpt from the list in fiest post? (When links are enabled again)

Guest Amphoras

Does this also unlock the hidden RAM?

It may if the device has it. I thought it was only Gen 1 devices that were locked to 256mb though, and this won't work on them.

I have confirmed this works

my friend had a brand new monte carlo arrive from orange yesterday

and it turned up bricked (just sat on android logo)

and i used fastboot to recover it to save him sending it back

I think that may have been the same as stock Gen 2 devices, they had fastboot but on a different button combination. The change puts it back to vol+ like on Gen 1 devices.

I have a question...if i go to stock gen1,then tpt to stock gen2 using tpt from here,is it possible to go to gen3 using tpt from the list in fiest post? (When links are enabled again)

You can't use these on Gen 1 phones. You'd need to use the windows flasher method to get to Gen 2 before they would work.

Guest primus33

Hi all,

I used the Gen3 TPT 160sys i get error too. But i can't restore anything, the device stuck on black screen with red led. I try recorer my device with ZTE Flasher posted on Recover Bricked Blade thread with no luck :(. I got error on partition.mbn and the blade restart itself.

Now my blade won't boot anymore (and no red led) and windows don't see it. It's not Amphoras fault, it's just an advice for people got the TPT GEN3 files and want to try it.

PS: I'll try all the method for recovering my device as describe in recover blade bricked thread.

Edited by primus33

Guest szenteshunor

Hi,

Try to use a GEN 2 tpt from this thread.

I had the same situation and it helped me out.

Hi all,

I used the Gen3 TPT 160sys i get error too. But i can't restore anything, the device stuck on black screen with red led. I try recorer my device with ZTE Flasher posted on Recover Bricked Blade thread with no luck :(. I got error on partition.mbn and the blade restart itself.

Now my blade won't boot anymore (and no red led) and windows don't see it. It's not Amphoras fault, it's just an advice for people got the TPT GEN3 files and want to try it.

PS: I'll try all the method for recovering my device as describe in recover blade bricked thread.

Guest ThePain

Hi All,

I have this problem with my Gen2 ZTE Blade (Dell XCD35 - India). There are times when the phone will simply refuse to boot up and remain stuck on the boot screen. This happens after the phone reboots itself for any reason or i shut down the phone and restart it.

When this happens, I usually have to pull out the battery, boot into CW Recovery and restore my latest nandroid backup to get back and running again. This is really tiring as i lose all my apps and messages etc since last backup.

I have tried various custom ROMs and the occurs with all of them. Having finally found a ROM i love, I want know whether using the Gen2 stock TPT posted on the first page of this thread will repartition my device and get it to behave normally?

Appreciate any advice that you can give me. Thanks.

Hi All,

I have this problem with my Gen2 ZTE Blade (Dell XCD35 - India). There are times when the phone will simply refuse to boot up and remain stuck on the boot screen. This happens after the phone reboots itself for any reason or i shut down the phone and restart it.

When this happens, I usually have to pull out the battery, boot into CW Recovery and restore my latest nandroid backup to get back and running again. This is really tiring as i lose all my apps and messages etc since last backup.

I have tried various custom ROMs and the occurs with all of them. Having finally found a ROM i love, I want know whether using the Gen2 stock TPT posted on the first page of this thread will repartition my device and get it to behave normally?

Appreciate any advice that you can give me. Thanks.

Is it really necessary to boot into recovery and restore? The same thing happened to me after doing this TPT-thingie and flashed CM7, but I just removed the battery and booted the phone as usual and it worked like a charm.

Maybe the problem is returning because of the restoring?

Guest ThePain

Is it really necessary to boot into recovery and restore? The same thing happened to me after doing this TPT-thingie and flashed CM7, but I just removed the battery and booted the phone as usual and it worked like a charm.

Maybe the problem is returning because of the restoring?

Tried with just pulling out the battery but it would never boot up. Did the recovery restore bit as it seemed to be the only way out.

I have since posting this query, repartitioned the phone using the windows firmware flashing method and doing a clean install of ROM. However the issue stil exists. Dunno whats causing it. :blink:

Switching ROMs does not help either

Edited by ThePain

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Thijsrijken

Thanks for the TUT but my blade still isn't working, my pc (vista) says my usb-device is damaged and it can't be opened.

Anybody has a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

BTW; my phone got bricked after I tried to install a stock rom, because a I had some problems with my custom rom.

• 1 month later...
Guest davidnintendo

This is not working for me. I've downloaded the Gen2 custom TPT and followed the instructions, double-checked md5 checksums but when I turn the phone on holding volume+ and menu all it says is Error! multiple times in green letters. The phone is working but my partition layout is exactly the same it was before. It is stock Gen 2 and I have never windows flashed or anything similar. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I've noticed that on the thread of the windows flasher, /system and /cache size is the same as it is in these TPTs, but here /data is smaller. Why are they different?

Thanks in advance.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

This is not working for me. I've downloaded the Gen2 custom TPT and followed the instructions, double-checked md5 checksums but when I turn the phone on holding volume+ and menu all it says is Error! multiple times in green letters. The phone is working but my partition layout is exactly the same it was before. It is stock Gen 2 and I have never windows flashed or anything similar. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I've noticed that on the thread of the windows flasher, /system and /cache size is the same as it is in these TPTs, but here /data is smaller. Why are they different?

Thanks in advance.

Are you trying to apply it to a phone that is gen1 or was upgraded to gen2 via TPT? because it won't work on them.

There is less space for all the partitions on stock gen2, hence the smaller data. Many of the layouts on the windows guide are wbaw's gen2 TPT files, which are actually gen1 at the lowest level and therefore have extra space.

Guest davidnintendo

Are you trying to apply it to a phone that is gen1 or was upgraded to gen2 via TPT? because it won't work on them.

There is less space for all the partitions on stock gen2, hence the smaller data. Many of the layouts on the windows guide are wbaw's gen2 TPT files, which are actually gen1 at the lowest level and therefore have extra space.

No. It is stock Gen 2. When I bought it from Yoigo in Spain it was Gen 2 and never windows flashed nor upgraded via TPT. And thank you for that explanation!

Guest Amphoras

Thanks in advance.

Dunno why that's happening. Tried that one yesterday and it works ok for me. It said error right before it said success at the end, but everything seemed to have worked ok.

Guest davidnintendo

Dunno why that's happening. Tried that one yesterday and it works ok for me. It said error right before it said success at the end, but everything seemed to have worked ok.

I've tried with both stock TPT and 160MB system partition TPT, on both a normal microSD card and a microSDHC and formated on both FAT and FAT32. I download the zip file, put it on my phone's sdcard, check md5 sum (match), decompile it and check md5 sum of the image file (match again), turn the phone off, wait several seconds and turn it back on holding menu, volume+ and power and I get a lot of green Error! messages. I think I am doing it right. Anyone with a Yoigo Blade around here can confirm it worked for them?

• 1 month later...

In order to install Gen 2 TPT on my Gen 3 Stock with this guide, do I need to root it or install Clockwork or anything first?

I don't think you can use these with a stock Gen3?

Btw, I was trying to flash a new boot.img a while back but fastboot didn't do crap. I've used the 160MB-fastboot TPT which does give the fast "error" near the end of the process. I can boot into fastboot, the phone gets detected but nothing happened when I tried to flash. I'm using fastboot with linux. Anyone else?

Guest hecatae

In order to install Gen 2 TPT on my Gen 3 Stock with this guide, do I need to root it or install Clockwork or anything first?

No, but if you have newer hardware that is not included in the gen2 kernel you may have issues

I did, from scratch, repartition files for Chinese Blade. They're sold in Brazil as ZTE v880: 256 mb ram and stock gen2.

Probably it's the same one sold in another south america countries.

Use appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn, TPT'em and you are done.

Old layout:

/cache = 37,5 mb

/system = 220 mb

/data = 162,5mb

/oem = 21 mb

New layout:

/cache = 2 mb

/system = 128 mb

/data = 311 mb (91,32% bigger!)

/oem = 0 mb

...almost twice the space for apps now! :)

Optional (but highly recommended) stuff:

- Before TPT'ing, do a nandroid backup. Then use generated boot.img, recovery.img, data.img (rename to userdata.img) and system.img to bring back all your apps and data. As long as your .img files fits in your new partition layout, you're fine.

- If you are using a Custom ROM with init.d (all Cyanogen 7 and clones), do via command prompt (adb required):

a) adb remount

b) adb push 80redirectcache /system/etc/init.d

c) adb shell chown root.shell /system/etc/init.d/80redirectcache

d) adb shell chmod 750 /system/etc/init.d/80redirectcache

e) adb shell mv /system/etc/init.d/06mountdl /system/etc

f) adb reboot

Now /cache and /cache/download are going to share the new huge /data space :)

- My current setup: Cyanogen 7.2.0 26Jan (Kang), Clockwork Recovery 5.0.2.0. I've removed some useless theme stuff to make system fit in 128 mb: Androidian.apk, Cyanbread.apk and ThemeChooser.apk. Obviously, they can be reinstalled later.

With all in place, your new Blade partitions should look like this:

cachee.jpg

screenshotoe.png

blade-chinese-128sys-311data-2cache-0oem.rar

80redirectcache.rar

Edited by intell

Guest ZTE BLADE07

Someone help me...i flash yesterday a stock rom gen 1 and i didn't know that my phone is gen 2...now i'm stuck at the green droid...i can't acces recovery and when i connect it to my pc it says USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED...i can't do anything...i even try the method TPT but when i turn on with menu and vol+ is says update from t-flash and below 11'errors' appears....what can i do???please help me...sorry for my bad english

Guest Amphoras

Someone help me...i flash yesterday a stock rom gen 1 and i didn't know that my phone is gen 2...now i'm stuck at the green droid...i can't acces recovery and when i connect it to my pc it says USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED...i can't do anything...i even try the method TPT but when i turn on with menu and vol+ is says update from t-flash and below 11'errors' appears....what can i do???please help me...sorry for my bad english

Another couple of people have seen something similar to this:

I've tried with both stock TPT and 160MB system partition TPT, on both a normal microSD card and a microSDHC and formated on both FAT and FAT32. I download the zip file, put it on my phone's sdcard, check md5 sum (match), decompile it and check md5 sum of the image file (match again), turn the phone off, wait several seconds and turn it back on holding menu, volume+ and power and I get a lot of green Error! messages. I think I am doing it right. Anyone with a Yoigo Blade around here can confirm it worked for them?

I have Yoigo blade and I can confirm, it doesn't work for me too. Same problem, just few lines with green Error! message.

Do you have a Yoigo Blade as well? I don't know why this happens, it may be that these phones need slightly different files.

Can you get into fastboot mode? If you can you should be able to flash the stock recovery and try using the Windows flasher.

I did, from scratch, repartition files for Chinese Blade. They're sold in Brazil as ZTE v880: 256 mb ram and stock gen2.

Thanks for posting these, its good that people with the Chinese version have more options to get some extra space as well now.

Guest ZTE BLADE07

Another couple of people have seen something similar to this:

Do you have a Yoigo Blade as well? I don't know why this happens, it may be that these phones need slightly different files.

Can you get into fastboot mode? If you can you should be able to flash the stock recovery and try using the Windows flasher.

Thanks for posting these, its good that people with the Chinese version have more options to get some extra space as well now.

no i can't get in fastboot because my pc cannot recognise my usb...and i have a orange san francisco(zte blade)gen 2...what can i do???i need to go to orange...they will fix it or my beloved zte blade died forever:(((((???