[Port] Ice Cream Sandwich SDK Porting to the Liquid

Guest Ma7moud

Guest Sn0w0nS

Do you think that de devs that work on liquidnex wil try to port ics for the liquid.

I dont know anything about porting roms but we were able to port the ics rom that was ment for computer simulation on our liquid,

why is than so difficult to port it to the liquid now we have the sources?

Guest RomzesRover_R

Do you think that de devs that work on liquidnex wil try to port ics for the liquid.

I dont know anything about porting roms but we were able to port the ics rom that was ment for computer simulation on our liquid,

why is than so difficult to port it to the liquid now we have the sources?

when we take full worked port to nexus one, devs port him to our liquid

in my opinion )

Guest Ma7moud

when we take full worked port to nexus one, devs port him to our liquid

in my opinion )

thats my opinion too, i'm watching the Nexus One forum on XDA to see if there is any good ICS roms tongue.gif

yeah but not 7 days, thats too much, also the sources are big, so unless i can find a way to make it NOT download the samsung device trees then i'm not downloading itdry.gif

Just builded it on my i5 with 4Gb RAM and ubuntu 11.10 64 bit took something around 4 Hours plus some tweaking on makefiles and on a couple .h

Sources plus .o plus builded system takes about 23Gb on disk

Guest Ma7moud

Just builded it on my i5 with 4Gb RAM and ubuntu 11.10 64 bit took something around 4 Hours plus some tweaking on makefiles and on a couple .h

did you build it for liquid or another device ?

and how big is the original download ? i'm too lazy to download 23 Gb tongue.gif

Guest ilmigliore95

can you explain me how i can build it??? rolleyes.gif

Ma7moud:

I built for full-eng, I think the original download was about 16Gb

ilmigliore95:

The build process is the usual one:

. ./build/envsetup.sh

lunch full-eng

make -j8 (where 8 is the number of parallel build you want, ussually your cores number)

You'll get 4 or 5 easy to fix errors, sorry I didn't annotate them!

Guest Ma7moud

Ma7moud:

I built for full-eng, I think the original download was about 16Gb

ilmigliore95:

The build process is the usual one:

. ./build/envsetup.sh

lunch full-eng

make -j8 (where 8 is the number of parallel build you want, ussually your cores number)

You'll get 4 or 5 easy to fix errors, sorry I didn't annotate them!

thats a big download, i don't have that much free space, and i have a total of nearly 1.5TB hard disks tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I went over and read the Android 4.0 Compatibility Definition document on the AOSP website.

Section 7.6.1

"Device implementations MUST have at least 340MB of memory available to the kernel and userspace. The 340MB MUST be in addition to any memory dedicated to hardware components such as radio, video, and so on that is not under the kernel's control.

Device implementations MUST have at least 350MB of non-volatile storage available for application private data. That is, the /data partition MUST be at least 350MB."

The same requirement was 128MB for Gingerbread.

So i guess its going to take some extensive trimming and neat hacks in order to get this to even boot on the A1 . Actually I would straightaway conclude that its not possible on the Liquid but since its already running on Nexus One, I am proven wrong :P

Edited by usju

I went over and read the Android 4.0 Compatibility Definition document on the AOSP website.

Section 7.6.1

"Device implementations MUST have at least 340MB of memory available to the kernel and userspace. The 340MB MUST be in addition to any memory dedicated to hardware components such as radio, video, and so on that is not under the kernel's control.

Device implementations MUST have at least 350MB of non-volatile storage available for application private data. That is, the /data partition MUST be at least 350MB."

The same requirement was 128MB for Gingerbread.

So i guess its going to take some extensive trimming and neat hacks in order to get this to even boot on the A1 . Actually I would straightaway conclude that its not possible on the Liquid but since its already running on Nexus One, I am proven wrong :P

ICS has even ported to G1 (first Android phone), so it should be posible to run in Liquid.

Guest Ma7moud

ICS has even ported to G1 (first Android phone), so it should be posible to run in Liquid.

yeah and to the Nexus One which is almost identical to the Liquid, it has 512MB ROM too

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thmz159

What's the state of this project? Is there any news? In a couple of days I'll have a lot of spare time so I can work a lot on this, but I dont want to start from zero. Has anybody started porting the CM9 or ICS for Nexus One?

Guest Ma7moud

What's the state of this project? Is there any news? In a couple of days I'll have a lot of spare time so I can work a lot on this, but I dont want to start from zero. Has anybody started porting the CM9 or ICS for Nexus One?

i think you can use this as a base rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1366897

and get the ICS device tree for liquid from thepasto github account and try building it

i tried doing it myself but it seems that i'm missing some files from the source