Killed my OMC - *WAS* sad... but *unbelievable news*!!

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Okay, so in the name of science (unlocking) I have managed to kill my replacement OMC, one DAY after receiving it. I messed something up with the ZTE flash tool, and it is not recognised in ANY MODE WHATSOEVER! It doesn't even show up in "lsusb" in ANY kind of mode, whatsoever!

Believe a true hardcore geek, trust me on this, whatever you're gonna suggest, I have tried *EVERYTHING*, multiple times. This OMC is gone, dead, nada, zip, 6 foot under!

I am appealing to people to donate a new OMC / donations toward a new OMC, so that I may continue my unlocking research, and hopefully crack it. I'm going to bed now, as I have been at this since 7pm Saturday, and I am worn out. I'll let you guys dwell on it, and see what you come up with. If you're not willing to donate, that's fine too, but if you are, WOO HOO!

God bless you all, people. Have a wonderful weekend! :D

Matt :)

***UNBELIEVABLE UPDATE****

Okay, so I thought it right to call Orange customer services, and be totally *totally* honest and up front about what I did, and told them I was messing around with firmware up/downgrades and computers etc, and killed my handset, and explained that I had downloaded the Orange TPT and tried to revive it, and that Ubuntu didn't recognise the handset whatsoever, in ANY mode...

And the advisor said that Orange will courier me a brand new replacement (again!) tomorrow!

My goodness! Even Apple customer services were never that good. I am overjoyed! They took my word for it that *I* am responsible, and yet STILL have given me a replacement!

WOW! Go Orange! :D

Now you see why honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. Had I lied, not only would I have had my conscience to deal with, I'd likely have no new phone coming.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Take it back, say it's faulty.

Tell them it was D.O.A , not unheard of.

If you have indeed tried everything then just tell Orange that the replacement doesnt even turn on and doesn't work.

i returned my blade with no problem messed it up using zte tool if the tpt wont boot return it you should be fine

I am astonished that so many of you are okay with blatently lying. Not cool.

But what exactly did you do?

I accidentally flashed the Blade gen2 firmware into it, using that ZTE flasher... and then I extracted the Orange TPT into a folder, and tried to recover it with the same ZTE flasher. cefs.mbn was missing, but I thought "what is the harm". Obviously this is the harm, lol! :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest tilal6991

I accidentally flashed the Blade gen2 firmware into it, using that ZTE flasher... and then I extracted the Orange TPT into a folder, and tried to recover it with the same ZTE flasher. cefs.mbn was missing, but I thought "what is the harm". Obviously this is the harm, lol! :)

I saw you wrote on the other thread that download mode worked. Does it?

And it's Orange's fault in the first place that it's so difficult to unlock.

Guest putbinoot

I am astonished that so many of you are okay with blatently lying. Not cool.

Coming from someone who is actively tying to circumvent a network lock i think that statement is a bit rich. Or is trying to obtain a phone at a reduced price by breaking your contract with the network provider Cool.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest glossywhite

Coming from someone who is actively tying to circumvent a network lock i think that statement is a bit rich. Or is trying to obtain a phone at a reduced price by breaking your contract with the network provider Cool.

You're trying to compare outright lies, with unlocking a mobile phone, which is neither illegal or immoral? :huh:

Guest glossywhite

I now see this in "lsusb" in Ubuntu, after having stripped the OMC down, and quickly shorted the tiny round backup battery to reset:

Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0420:1307 Chips and Technologies Celly SIM Card Reader

Guest putbinoot

You're trying to compare outright lies, with unlocking a mobile phone, which is neither illegal or immoral? :huh:

Trying to obtain goods by deception not immoral maybe in your world, me i am happy to pay orange their £20 after 3 months. But let's draw a ________ under this.

Guest glossywhite

Trying to obtain goods by deception not immoral maybe in your world, me i am happy to pay orange their £20 after 3 months. But let's draw a ________ under this.

Sorry, "deception"? Dude, you're hilarious. I don't see how me purchasing hardware which I own, and then deciding to unlock it, is "deception". I bought the phone outright, PAYG. I think you're just frustrated and annoyed because I am not in agreeance with your suggestion that I lie, as much as you attempt to disguise it.

I'm not advocating outright lies, because I am honest. Care to pick holes in that? Go ahead, I couldn't care less, if you've nothing better to do.

:)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest trueno2k

Have you tried TPT'ing the original stock orange rom found here by plugging it to the power with the battery out then immediately putting the battery in as soon the TPT starts? Just thought you might of missed this variation of methods :P I apologise in advance if you have tried this and every other conceivable ways of trying to boot a smartphone to life :D

TTFN

Guest wrtease

you have tried to find a way to unlock and has went wrong,100% behind you on trying,and if you manage to get it working again ,you can try again,if not then its up to you to decide to hand it back to orange.everybody can lie but it s not right by anyone .so all the best to you if you can get it running again.i nearly did mine to ,but was lucky to get it going again,different prob i had.

Guest tilal6991

Okay, so in the name of science (unlocking) I have managed to kill my replacement OMC, one DAY after receiving it. I messed something up with the ZTE flash tool, and it is not recognised in ANY MODE WHATSOEVER! It doesn't even show up in "lsusb" in ANY kind of mode, whatsoever!

Believe a true hardcore geek, trust me on this, whatever you're gonna suggest, I have tried *EVERYTHING*, multiple times. This OMC is gone, dead, nada, zip, 6 foot under!

I am appealing to people to donate a new OMC / donations toward a new OMC, so that I may continue my unlocking research, and hopefully crack it. I'm going to bed now, as I have been at this since 7pm Saturday, and I am worn out. I'll let you guys dwell on it, and see what you come up with. If you're not willing to donate, that's fine too, but if you are, WOO HOO!

God bless you all, people. Have a wonderful weekend! :D

Matt :)

***UNBELIEVABLE UPDATE****

Okay, so I thought it right to call Orange customer services, and be totally *totally* honest and up front about what I did, and told them I was messing around with firmware up/downgrades and computers etc, and killed my handset, and explained that I had downloaded the Orange TPT and tried to revive it, and that Ubuntu didn't recognise the handset whatsoever, in ANY mode...

And the advisor said that Orange will courier me a brand new replacement (again!) tomorrow!

My goodness! Even Apple customer services were never that good. I am overjoyed! They took my word for it that *I* am responsible, and yet STILL have given me a replacement!

WOW! Go Orange! :D

Now you see why honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. Had I lied, not only would I have had my conscience to deal with, I'd likely have no new phone coming.

I'm really happy for you :)

Guest glossywhite

I'm really happy for you :)

Thank you mate!

well thats good news so you can just let someone else try unlocking it insteed.

Yes, I think that would be the prudent path to take; leave well alone, LOL!

Guest unrandomsam

Shades of Grey, it could be said it was immoral for you to even try to send it back.

(I highly doubt you mentioned that you were in the process of trying to generate a free unlock for everyone.)

"Messing around with firmware" is not the same as saying "Trying to break the unlock mechanism

so I can leave Orange and avoid waiting 3 months and paying you £20"

Guest glossywhite

Shades of Grey, it could be said it was immoral for you to even try to send it back.

(I highly doubt you mentioned that you were in the process of trying to generate a free unlock for everyone.)

"Messing around with firmware" is not the same as saying "Trying to break the unlock mechanism

so I can leave Orange and avoid waiting 3 months and paying you £20"

I don't see the relevance of my attempts to unlock it. It is neither "immoral" or illegal to attempt to, or to, unlock a simlock in the UK. Whether I mentioned it or not, is totally not the point. I was HONEST about what I had done, and I told the advisor I had been tinkering with firmware images, and had killed the phone. Your point is merely academic, and meaningless in this situation and context.

I am a morally sound guy, which is why I spent 6+ hours trying to remedy the fault myself, before calling Orange as a *last ditch attempt*, confident that they'd laugh at me, and say "sorry Sir, you voided your warranty". They didn't, I was honest, and it paid off. Please, don't split hairs. Do you think the guy wanted ALSO, to know the exact block addresses in flash, where I applied the firmware update? You're just over-analysing this. I did what I, as a Christian, believe is the right and acceptable thing to do, and I am not seeking validation for this, nor encouraging others to mess with their firmware.

The case is closed, I was just stating my happiness! :)