Orange Apps

Guest Mub6

Hey guys,

how do i get some of the orange apps back like gestures and email?

i thought they were brilliant.

also I'm having some trouble running gmail and k9 mail on my new rooted bluemonte image :S

any help is much appreciated,

Mubs

Hey guys,

how do i get some of the orange apps back like gestures and email?

i thought they were brilliant.

also I'm having some trouble running gmail and k9 mail on my new rooted bluemonte image :S

any help is much appreciated,

Mubs

As far as I know...you have to download something called GAPPS, you can google it, GAPPS should be in a .zip file and you flash this via recovery (just like you flash a ROM) after you have flashed your rom :)

Thanks for the replies. I don't want the orange image or stock room. I like mine the way it its. Just want the two apps mentioned above. Is there no way to download the ipk from anywhere or extract them from the ROM?

the gestures are part of the orange launcher

launcher (i think) >> OHS_480x800_SKATE_A1.00.01_apk

mail >>> orangemail_755_23.43.3439.3_s_t_.apk

hotmail>>> OWL_TS_L_GENERIC_SKATE_A1.2a.2f.apk

gmail should work though, & can be downloaded from the market

Edited by tillaz

so i flash back to stock, extract the apps and flash back the rom of my choice?

how do i go about extracting the apps from the stock rom? is there any kind soul on here who is willing to do it for me and upload them? :)

tbh i might even consider reverting back to the stock, or even the overclockalble stock kernel as listed in one of the threads here.

gmail and k9 mail doesnt work with the current rom i'm running - bluemonte latest.

can someone please explain to me what difference there is between the actual roms?

thanks in advance,

Mubs

Guest B.A.Nana

Just out of interest (I've not dared any mods to my OMC yet, only owned it a few days), when I take the plunge, how will I go about keeping those Orange apps and other apps that I don't want to lose (like mub6). Do you just backup the whole lot to the SD and then do the thinning of apps later?.

Sorry for the noob question and hijack smile.gif

Edited by B.A.Nana

Guest Amphoras

how do i go about extracting the apps from the stock rom? is there any kind soul on here who is willing to do it for me and upload them? :)

tbh i might even consider reverting back to the stock, or even the overclockalble stock kernel as listed in one of the threads here.

gmail and k9 mail doesnt work with the current rom i'm running - bluemonte latest.

can someone please explain to me what difference there is between the actual roms?

thanks in advance,

Mubs

You don't need to flash the rom. You just download it, unzip it and all the apk files are in the system/app folder. Pick the ones you want and copy them to your sdcard then navigate to them with a file manager on your phone and install it.

thanks in advance,

Mubs

try turning on auto sync from accounts & sync settings, gmail works fine for me as for xt9 keyboard i will upload it

Cheers for that guys,

sync and everything is turned on but i keep getting the message "the application gmail (process com.google.android.gm) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"

same thing happens with the K9 email client, i dont mean the xt9 keyboard, thats fine....

I also dont like the messages and contacts format. i dont have a drafts folder, and in contacts, under the dialer tabs, on the custom rom, i used to be able to push the numbers and it would bring up a list of contacts who's name corresponds with the letters under that number if you know what i mean?

there is no mark all function for contacts that would allow me to delete them all either :S

Any ideas?

im thinking of trying out some other roms, does titanium backup make a backup of all of my apps and settings so that i can revert the same settings to any new roms that i flash?

Thanks again,

Mubs

Cheers for that guys,

sync and everything is turned on but i keep getting the message "the application gmail (process com.google.android.gm) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"

same thing happens with the K9 email client, i dont mean the xt9 keyboard, thats fine....

I also dont like the messages and contacts format. i dont have a drafts folder, and in contacts, under the dialer tabs, on the custom rom, i used to be able to push the numbers and it would bring up a list of contacts who's name corresponds with the letters under that number if you know what i mean?

there is no mark all function for contacts that would allow me to delete them all either :S

Any ideas?

im thinking of trying out some other roms, does titanium backup make a backup of all of my apps and settings so that i can revert the same settings to any new roms that i flash?

Thanks again,

Mubs

gmail will be crashing if you flashed the rom without doing the 3 wipes..

as for the messaging, download go sms pro (its free) & delete the stock mms app wink.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest achromic

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, you could try cooking a rom for your skate (courtesy of Paul) but I think that you need to have paid for subsciption

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

cheers for the replys.

that sms go app is the dogs bollocks.

great suggestion, cheers pal.

i even went and got the GO dialer app, and that is just as good as its sms counterpart...

which are the stock dialer apps? are they called Contacts, Contact Storage, Dialer and Dialer Storage?

might as well get rid of them too... are they safe to remove?

Also, how do i stop background apps from starting?

My task manager is being absolutely raped by useless apps like Maps and Voice search.

I've got Taskkiller free but that doesnt kill these apps

I noticed that the two GO apps above also like to leach off my memory. even though i deselected the "always on" option under GO sms,

how do i remedy all of this?

so many problems - lol