BT voice dialing

Guest JOBooth

Guest JOBooth

Running GingerStreak 2.4.1 and am loving it. Wondering if anyone has had any luck with BT voice dialing, though. I'm wanting to press the button on my Jawbone for a few seconds which says "voice dialing" and nothing happens. On my stock 2.2.2 build it worked beautifully. I'd kick off voice dialing from BT, then the chick would say "speak now" and I could dial, send txt's... Seems like this is gone with gingerstreak. I have to unlock the phone and open the voice search app.

I tried a few apps off the market but nothing recognizes when I hit the button on my jawbone.

Any suggestions?

Guest undrwater

There are some "voice dialer" apk's out there. I've found most of them FC after recognition. There is a market app "Voice Control" that will use BT, but it is a pay app (there is a free test app), and seemed a little klunky to me. YMMV, of course.

Running GingerStreak 2.4.1 and am loving it. Wondering if anyone has had any luck with BT voice dialing, though. I'm wanting to press the button on my Jawbone for a few seconds which says "voice dialing" and nothing happens. On my stock 2.2.2 build it worked beautifully. I'd kick off voice dialing from BT, then the chick would say "speak now" and I could dial, send txt's... Seems like this is gone with gingerstreak. I have to unlock the phone and open the voice search app.

I tried a few apps off the market but nothing recognizes when I hit the button on my jawbone.

Any suggestions?

For me its working with 3rd party apps, (Vlingo, Cyberon Voice Dialer). If I recall correctly it also worked in SD 24, although I can't remeber if worked in 241 or 242. Its not working in 243. perhaps you should post the issue in the Gingerstreak thread, since other users have been posting bugs/issues they've found with tyhese roms and I'll second your issue, since I have too. My blueant Q2 could start up voicedialing in SD191 and dell 222. Currently, only with 3rd prty apps, and I've tried updating google voice search

Guest undrwater

There doesn't seem to be much response in the GB thread for BT Voice Dialer. I'm guessing it's not a feature many people use. I'll continue the search for an apk that works, and report back here if I find one.

[edit] Found one that seems to work. Try here: Link! [/edit]

Edited by undrwater

The SD thread is growing fast and this issue was brought up after this thread, possibly in the last 12 hrs, somewhere in pages 42-44, although without solution, other than the link provided above. that link won't work for me, when I try to install it tells me I'm in the wrong country. maybe I have to put the phone settings to US (they're set for Portugal).

Edited by nalpt

Guest undrwater

underwatr you rock! That totally fixed it. Loaded up that apk, rebooted, and all is well with the world. Got my BT voice dialing back!

I'm glad it worked for you. :)

underwatr you rock! That totally fixed it. Loaded up that apk, rebooted, and all is well with the world. Got my BT voice dialing back!

What location/language setting do have set on your rom? That could explain why the apk did not run for me.

Currently running GS2.4.4-2

I'm set to english US

tks.

I changed to us english, but it still does not install on my phone. will wait for next version of sd24x or roll back to 241.

Edited by nalpt

• 3 weeks later...
Guest undrwater

Nevermind. It does work in that the app comes up when I hold the button on my headset however it FC's with any command.

Oh well. So close!

Late reply to your post, but there is some info I didn't add to my initial that may be helpful. You may attempt to copy / paste that apk into your /system/app folder and change the permissions so they are the same as the other apks there. Then reboot. Should fix FC. I'd uninstall before you try that though.

Good luck!

Guest JOBooth

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

That totally worked! I mean, it REALLY works now! copied in the apk, set the perms to the same as other apps in the directory and rebooted. BT voice dialing is now my buddy!

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

That totally worked! I mean, it REALLY works now! copied in the apk, set the perms to the same as other apps in the directory and rebooted. BT voice dialing is now my buddy!

Tried this, also works well here, even offline!