[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.5 (25.06.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

The 1% one used to have a problem with sticking on 98% when charging, I think that has been fixed, but not sure. The 5% is fine and is the one I use.

You can flash the old kernel if you want to. In the first post here you will see "800mhz boot" http://android.modac...m-236-tl-metal/ I assume that is the stock kernel.

Ah, so it refers to the battery % increments! Thanks, I'll try the 1%.

Guest sauron76

i flashed the kernel 1% with a problem charging the battery te level stops in a casual number between 63 percent and 75 percent..if i reboot the level is 100%...i come back to the old kernel and everything come back normal...now i'm trying the 5 % step..for the rest the phone is fast and stable..

Edited by sauron76

Guest Smeelious

Would this work on Davids CyanogenMod?

Checks magic 8-ball.

"All signs point to No".

I think both David and Tecnolover have said it wouldn't work. (Yet.)

Even with undervolting?

Using this kernel to undervolt improved my battery life hugely, more than double easily.

What voltage and frequency/governor do you use for best balance between battery life and performance?

Guest michele p

i tried the old 1% kernel with a problem charging the battery the level stops to 70%. With the new one i have the same problem. I used 5% now i'm using the new 5% without problems. thank you for your great job...

TechnoLover

I`m use your overclocking kernel with 5% step battrery. ROM v4.000.13.

I found TI TPA2051 audio amplifier in our device.

I download datasheets TI TPA2051 audio amplifier. Read her.

I found Windows GUI tool on TI site, which work with TI TPA2051 audio amplifier.

GUI tool manage TI TPA2051 audio amplifier.

I view driver audio amplifier tpa2051.c. in kernel source and change some options in GUI tool.

Acer setup default headphone fixed volume out is -4.5db. :o

I found a way to change the level of the headphone output in our device.

I modified the driver audio amplifier tpa2051.c.

I made two versions of the driver. The first with a level of -1.5 dB and the second with a level of 0 dB.

The driver place is in the source / kernel / arch / arm / mach-msm / qdsp5v2.

I downloaded the source code of your github. Version before you add support CM (commit a6e272082).

Config file for kernel 5% from my device of the / proc / config. gz.

But I could not compile kernel with NDK (toolchain) under Ubuntu.

Many errors appear when compile kernel.

I tried two days to deal with it, but could not. I don`t know what`s problem.

I have attached to this post two modified versions of the driver.

Can you build only for me two version (0db and -1.5db) test kernel with my drivers audio amplifier tpa2051?:)

If all test goes well, kernel will be able to enjoy everything.

ps. You can change the volume level of the external speaker, but it is very difficult to manage registers amplifier. Registers options control the volume of the external speaker connected at the same time as other options for operating the amplifier.

Here is a link to a topic where I understood the driver . To translate into another language try to use Google translator.

#Sorry, use Google translate :)

(0_db)tpa2051.c.zip

(-1_5db)tpa2051.c.zip

Edited by Genrix

Guest Z-buffer

Hello everyone. Technolover, I flash your kernel for CM by davidevinavil and all is working well, but CPU frequency does not change in Cyanogenmod options. There are not any available frequencies at all. Can you fix this bug? I know about SetCPU, but I prefer do not install programs if I have analogue in options.

In any case, thank you for your work. Your kernels are always very good and convenient in use)

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

Edited by Z-buffer

Guest davidevinavil

TechnoLover

I`m use your overclocking kernel with 5% step battrery. ROM v4.000.13.

I found TI TPA2051 audio amplifier in our device.

I download datasheets TI TPA2051 audio amplifier. Read her.

I found Windows GUI tool on TI site, which work with TI TPA2051 audio amplifier.

GUI tool manage TI TPA2051 audio amplifier.

I view driver audio amplifier tpa2051.c. in kernel source and change some options in GUI tool.

Acer setup default headphone fixed volume out is -4.5db. :o

I found a way to change the level of the headphone output in our device.

I modified the driver audio amplifier tpa2051.c.

I made two versions of the driver. The first with a level of -1.5 dB and the second with a level of 0 dB.

The driver place is in the source / kernel / arch / arm / mach-msm / qdsp5v2.

I downloaded the source code of your github. Version before you add support CM (commit a6e272082).

Config file for kernel 5% from my device of the / proc / config. gz.

But I could not compile kernel with NDK (toolchain) under Ubuntu.

Many errors appear when compile kernel.

I tried two days to deal with it, but could not. I don`t know what`s problem.

I have attached to this post two modified versions of the driver.

Can you build only for me two version (0db and -1.5db) test kernel with my drivers audio amplifier tpa2051?:)

If all test goes well, kernel will be able to enjoy everything.

ps. You can change the volume level of the external speaker, but it is very difficult to manage registers amplifier. Registers options control the volume of the external speaker connected at the same time as other options for operating the amplifier.

Here is a link to a topic where I understood the driver . To translate into another language try to use Google translator.

#Sorry, use Google translate :)

You have to use codeaurora toolchain..

Sync gingerbread repo and use /prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi-

Seems is missing some file on Tecnolover source..

Take it from original acer kernel source

Missing file are on this folder kernel/arc/arm/boot/compressed

about .config you have to use acer_a4_defconfig and rename it in .config

Before type make you have to type make menuconfig and save new configuration file..

After that you are ready to lunch make and build your kernel ;)

Guest chemicalbuz

hi guys, i'm using cm7 with boot ultra low and i'm very happy, my battery could resist 60 hours using the phone for about 5 hours, should i install this one or keep ultra low kernel?

Guest Z-buffer

hi guys, i'm using cm7 with boot ultra low and i'm very happy, my battery could resist 60 hours using the phone for about 5 hours, should i install this one or keep ultra low kernel?

If you flash this kernel you will be able to change voltage by using "Mt Voltage Control". So you can determine your frequencies by yourself.

Guest TechnoLover

@ Genrix

I can compile the two kernel for you and I have a look why it won't compile with crosscompiler from ndk ;)

@ davidevinavil

normally the .config from /proc/* should work - that's why I added it

Edited by TechnoLover

davidevinavil

I'm exactly doing. And tried it differently.

TechnoLover

I have tried several ways.

I built the kernel source code only from githab.

I built the kernel from the source code of githab + copying the source when the Acer without replacing files. To complement the possible loss of files.

In both cases one and the same error. => http://pastebin.com/qhjFNAJJ

Build with NDK, .config in read-only mode, and.... => http://pastebin.com/8PV8yJxi

324: make[1]: *** [arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-7x30.o] Error 1

Oh, lol - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=17971623&postcount=97

Maybe the reason is that I have Ubuntu x64 and x32 toolchain.

Maybe because I have a Ubuntu with 3.1.8. kernel is installed.

I found all sorts of additional packages, that advise on XDA and other forums.

I'm just worn out trying to solve this problem.

Please, build for me two kernels with my drivers tpa2051. :)

Edited by Genrix

davidevinavil

I tried to search the source code for all files containing the words tpa2051. I found that the configurations A4 board includes two drivers - tpa2051 + tpa2028. Maybe some Metal mt contain either one or the other amplifier. On my board is tpa2051. I found this information in the device. I will continue experimenting. If I do not have a positive result, then I modify and tpa2028.

I try to flash your build kernel now.

Edited by Genrix

The kernel of the CM is not booted. Stock is normaly booted.

The result - the headphones are not detected. The sound comes through the external speaker.

But this is so that we can control the amplifier.

I expected that the modification 0dB can give similar errors from.

At 0 dB modifications I've changed a lot of options. In-1.5dB change only one parameter. Can be modifications-1.5dB will give the correct result.

The kernel build so I could not. I use NDK 5c, 4.3.3 toolchian and 4.4.0 toolchain from NDK 5c to. Errors happends with drivers/usb/host/ehci-hcd оr msm clock-7x30.c. Build kernel complited, console wrtite "Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready", but file zImage not present in arch/arm/boot. :(

I will continue try kernel build. :)

Edited by Genrix