[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.5 (25.06.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest davidevinavil

Cm7 one works to me.. so are you using cm7 rom right?

But for sure metal use tpa2051 because I tried to edit tpa2051.c to solve noise with vision libaudio source. Not solved issue but something append when edit it..

Edited by davidevinavil

I finish build kernel with -1,5db, but output volume level is not change.

I think set_fixed_gain may be do lower output level.

I will continue researsh way to boost level output.

I don't know what's problem, but I remove from Ubuntu all packages with word *arm* and *eabi*, remove 3.1.8 kernel and install last version kernel from repo.

Build kernel with toolchain 4.4.0 from NDK 5b - arm-eabi, not arm-none-androideabi. All other version toolchain get me build error.

May be I need remove Ubuntu and install stable Debian. :D

Hi,

I'm moving from one provider to another who had activated EAP-SIM authentication.

I know there is a patch available for 2.3.x but not out of the box...

Is there any chance to have it activated into your Kernels ( davidevilavil or technolover )

Thx,

Cheers,

Spulon

Wow, I seem to have found a new way to increase the volume of the headphones, and even an external speaker.

Today, after 6 pm (GMT +3), I'll try to build a test kernel.

I need the name of the manufacturer and model of the external speaker.

Just need a datasheet on it. I do not want to burn-in speaker overload. :)

Maybe someone has this information?

Guest michele p

hi technolover's...i use your kernel with stock version...yesterday i tried gingerounay 3.01 ROM but you write that a2sd doesn't work....i look on the web and i find your patch to disable a2sd on rounay 2.5...because i was not able to disable by myself a2sd i tried to flash that patch from recovery...it say's a2sd disabled link2sd enabled but in fact nothing changes :)(is a patch for 2.5 i know :D)...i want to know if you have in program a patch for the new rounay to disable a2sd :)...please please please ...your kernel let my metal very stable in any frequency ....i try to overclock with the rounay but the phone reboot or freeze anytime...

Hello tecnolover, use your kernel on my liquid metal .. But I wonder if you could prepare a special version .. with the following changes

min freq. at 245 MHz (I think 122 is too low)

Maximum frequency at 1024 MHz

c max 1.2GHz

default governor .. smartass v2

If possible, preserving its intermediate frequencies after the 368 MHz

I think doing so creates a kernel is very stable and suitable for everyday also suitable for those who want to boost overclocking.

I thank you in advance;)

Edited by mtxita

Guest TechnoLover
:)(is a patch for 2.5 i know :D)...i want to know if you have in program a patch for the new rounay to disable a2sd :)
if you want to use Link2SD on GingerOunay 3.0.x you have to do nothing, just don't change any settings in A2SDGui ;)

min freq. at 245 MHz (I think 122 is too low)

Maximum frequency at 1024 MHz

c max 1.2GHz

default governor .. smartass v2

If possible, preserving its intermediate frequencies after the 368 MHz

use SetCPU or any other overclocking app to set min. freq to 245 MHz, governor and max. freq ;)

if everyone wants his own kernel, it's too much work ;)

So, I build TEST kernel under Debian. :D

Source, config and zip file - TechnoLover 5% w/o CM. B)

Mod only HP. External speaker is stock.

All is good, stable, but not set your volume in high level in first time.

Try it, but I think the result is unsatisfactory.

So, now level volume is higher?

ps. Flash without the signature verification.

TechnoLover-Kernel-11a_TweakHP_Genrix.zip

Edited by Genrix

Guest michele p

if you want to use Link2SD on GingerOunay 3.0.x you have to do nothing, just don't change any settings in A2SDGui ;)

i tried that way yesterday...when i tried to start the script on link2sd said "the sd is busy"....i reboot but nothing...maybe something was wrong...now i'm curios :)...

Guest michele p

i tried that way yesterday...when i tried to start the script on link2sd said "the sd is busy"....i reboot but nothing...maybe something was wrong...now i'm curios :)...

i retry now :D...i let you know about...

Guest michele p

nothing....it says the device is busy....

Edited by michele p

Now pump headphones is completed.

New TEST kernel.

Stock volume is +6db, my settings is +12db. Maximum is +18db. Boost only HP.

Sound level Limiter is deactivated. Imho, sound quality is better w/o any limitter or compressors.

Before flash kernel set half all your volume settings.

Flash w/o check, zip is unsigned! Kernel 5% w/o CM.

After the testing and selection of optimal settings, I'll put the driver source code and instructions with screenshots - how to make a modification driver.

You can use the driver and method for free in any kernel or firmware, if you write a description of the kernel, or flash, the author's method of modification.

RC_TechnoLover-Kernel-11a_TweakHP_Genrix.zip

Guest davidevinavil

New TEST kernel.

Sound level Limiter is deactivated. Imho, sound quality is better w/o any limitter or compressors.

After the testing and selection of optimal settings, I'll put the driver source code and instructions with screenshots - how to make a modification driver.

You can use the driver and method for free in any kernel or firmware, if you write a description of the kernel, or flash, the author's method of modification.

Well done ;)

I can't try because I'm using cm7, but waiting your source..

Guest sumdumguy

New TEST kernel.

wooohoo!!! nice :)

I recently studied the work toolchain GCC and noticed that in the makefile of kernel source is Samsung's line of flags GCC: -march = Cortex-a8 -mtune=armv7-a, including HardFloat mode kernel - byte-code for use the hardware FPU, rather than a programmatic emulation - Software FPU. (perfomance++)

I looked at our makefile and did not find these flags anywhere.

GCC did not properly build the kernel? Build just for any ~arm, and then let it work as it can? Maybe we can do this optimization?

davidevinavil

Please, wait. I need more free time. I make "HOWTO-GUIDE" tweak source code of headphone amplifier. May be done in weekend.

Edited by Genrix

Guest davidevinavil

I recently studied the work toolchain GCC and noticed that in the makefile of kernel source is Samsung's line of flags GCC: -march = Cortex-a8 -mtune=armv7-a, including HardFloat mode kernel - byte-code for use the hardware FPU, rather than a programmatic emulation - Software FPU. (perfomance++)

I looked at our makefile and did not find these flags anywhere.

GCC did not properly build the kernel? Build just for any ~arm, and then let it work as it can? Maybe we can do this optimization?

I don't know.. need to be investigate.. By the way, since you're good, why not try to eliminate fps limit?!

look here

stackoverflow.com/questions/3004915/getting-hardware-floating-point-with-android-ndk

Edited by davidevinavil

I don't know.. need to be investigate.. By the way, since you're good, why not try to eliminate fps limit?!

I watched the driver of the GPU and LCD display driver. The driver of the GPU turned off vertical sync. This is understandable.

But I do not understand why increased frequency of synchronization with the LCD panel. ~ 180 to ~ 200. A driver of LCD remained ~ 180.

By analogy with the desktop computer you will get better video driver settings and fixed sync to 100Hz. A monitor was left on his 60Hz.

GPU sent to monitor 100 frames in 1 second and the monitor is able to show only 60. In general desktop PC, the monitor should have refused to work with these settings because of a failure of synchronization and simply shut down.

Maybe our device works, but with errors?

Guest TechnoLover

our LCD screen runs at 60 Hz ;) I can change it to 80 Hz but that doesnt change anything, except we can run with vsync enabled @ 40fps as I remember...

please share and don't private message everything ;)