[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.5 (25.06.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest sauron76

hi technolovers..as you can read in my profile i'm a newbee...i wrote something also as michele_p signing in with facebook.....i have not the necessary experience to speak but i know what my metal was and i know what my metal is now....and it's only because of your job...i don't know anything about jokes but i can tell that you make a lot of users happy because of your great job ...users like me that love to test your jobs...i use your kernel your app and your script :D....and when i report a bug is not to break your balls but because i think maybe can be a little help for you....i hope you will go on with developing....

i read something about what you said...it's really sad...i think it's not the right spirit...

Edited by sauron76

Guest TechnoLover
[...]at least cm9 is "protected" from that "kernel"

I'm curious, who's the third?Technolover? :D [...]

two examples for the people who don't read every thread

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest Lens_flare

just coz 2.3 is near to dead.

I don't really understand why are you still searching pseudo-tweaks around the world when you could achieve a real jackpot by porting a "true"(but pure, that's what I suggested you to port and will be really appreciated) kernel. We haven't achieved off CM support coz we doesn't have a proper kernel(opensource recovery here, opensource cm also here)..

all I'm trying to do is achieving that damn support since liquid A1 (that popular as hell, but stil without support).. and ur kernel concept just doesn't meant purity requirements coz stock-oriented.

I just suggest you to turn into a true customs kernel dev, nothing more.

two examples for the people who don't read every thread

I'm not a mod to read every thread :]

I revert the updated kernel source

they are worked fine, just shedulers are faulty way.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest TechnoLover
just coz 2.3 is near to dead.

in my opinion it isn't dead.

I don't really understand why are you still searching pseudo-tweaks around the world when you could achieve a real jackpot by porting a "true"(but pure, that's what I suggested you to port and will be really appreciated) kernel. We haven't achieved off CM support coz we doesn't have a proper kernel(opensource recovery here, opensource cm also here)..

That would be ok, if you would say it in an ordinary way not in the way you're doing (like your posts here and on acer-club.ru). I already tried to port that but I'm 20 and have no proper education for that. All I'm doing for now is to learn how the kernel works and for that I have to work on a kernel.

all I'm trying to do is achieving that damn support since liquid A1 (that popular as hell, but stil without support).. and ur kernel concept just doesn't meant purity requirements coz stock-oriented.

I just suggest you to turn into a true customs kernel dev, nothing more.

I'm not able to do it at the moment. I would've done it days ago.

they are worked fine, just shedulers are faulty way.

why? I reverted the source and now everything works flawlessly. The schedulers were added like every other thing and at the moment they work like a charm, too. Maybe I'm wrong, but I got no proper explanation yet.

Guest sauron76

maybe i'm going to say a obvious thing...i use a miui rom that is a len's flare porting...but i like much more technolover's kernel and first thing i do after flashing rom is to flash technolover's kernel (that is not supported [thx to chemicalbuz that let me know about that] but works better than original for me) and the script for the app...for made a complete scenario :D i use vache's recovery and i tried the updated adreno drivers purposed by pinguy....i think this freedom to choose what i like more is the right spirit...the right way to grow up together...i hope technolover go on with developing and other people come back to the earth...

sorry i read now that technolover go on with his kernel developing..sorry about this post...thx technolover..

Edited by sauron76

Guest sauron76

I found a bug: I installed technolover's kernel 1.4b and ad2sdx 1.1 script. in cyanogen mod acellerometer doesn't work

Yep same for me in T&L.

same for me...i revert to 1.4a i cannot live without speedx 3d :D

Guest Lens_flare
That would be ok, if you would say it in an ordinary way not in the way you're doing

at least I tried :P

like your posts here and on acer-club.ru

are you reading acer-club? wow :D

>> they are worked fine, just shedulers are faulty way.

why?

easy :D

I'm using ur updated source and default sheduler(+no controls as you know) and my power button is ok.

like every other thing

that's it, like every other thing.. controls etc that brings more bugs than goods.. at least not all your work is linked to that ><<strange>>< features, thx for that -__-

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest fabiorino

EDIT:

Ok this is the situation in cyanogen mod. (I don't want to be a "ball breaker", i only want to help you to improve your perfect kernel:

• With Technolover's kernel 1.3a CM-version and AD2SDXall works very well except wifi. If you try to turn it on it will turn off automatically.
  • With Technolover's kernel 1.4b CM-version and AD2SDX wifi works but acellerometer doesn't. The same in T&l metal.
  • Didn't try shedulers but the power button is ok

And in Gingerounay:

• If you flash Technolover's kernel and AD2SDX, you can't start the operating system because all apps (launcher included) crashes after the boot animation.
    • If you enable AD2SD GUI (internal feature of Gingerounay) and AFTER you flash AD2SDX, it works for me WITHOUT flashing Technolover's kernel. The apps goes in fat 32 partition and in ext4 too, and so you have the "classic" app2sd enabled and, in the same time, lots of free "internal" space.
    • Didn't try shedulers but the power button is ok
Edited by fabiorino

Guest TechnoLover
I'm using ur updated source and default sheduler(+no controls as you know) and my power button is ok.

Thanks, that's a great info.

that's it, like every other thing.. controls etc that brings more bugs than goods.. at least not all your work is linked to that ><<strange>>< features, thx for that -__-

Why are those features strange and why do they contain bugs? They're maybe strange for you but many people like them, so I would not say that the kernel is buggy or something like that, except for the known bugs where I'm working on and the only left is the power button issue after a long standby.

Guest scotth324

I really like this kernel as it had given me much more battery life. Tried Lens kernel undervolt as well but it doesn't give the same battery life. Don't know what the voltages are set to but I have mine as low as my phone will allow. There are bugs that show up in these kernels but you are fast to correct them and without you having tried this in the first place there would be no innovation. Keep on doing what your doing. I'm 25 and I haven't a clue on how to do any of this but flash stuff and fix my phone when I screw up which happens. Your way ahead of me.

Lens some of us have to use 2.3 GB from Acer due to the fact that with your CM and Miui not all things work. Mainly Bluetooth. I posted this issue on the lfdesigns.tk site. That and speakerphone don't work and I need hands free in my car. If you get that fixed I'd love to try those roms again. If I can provide you with logs I will if you can tell me how to get them.

I am having the problem with 1.4b 1% regular kernel with the accelerometer not working as well.

Guest Lens_flare
some of us have to use 2.3 GB from Acer due to the fact that with your CM and Miui not all things work.

and shouldn't work.. remember that CM and MIUI (official too) is always in beta state and not for all.

and speakerphone don't work

Oo

TechnoLover

ah.. keep up ur work, but remember that I'll be always concurrent -__-

Guest Genrix

I read what you write .... omg.... :blink:

Lens, what happens with you? Spring? :blink:

Lens, can you finish this trolling? You are very fat and not fit in my monitor. Soon you and the forum does not fit.

Guest Pinguy

On the PerformanceRom the power button sleep problem doesn't happen if you use bfq. AD2SDX also works fine on it as long as you have downgraded BusyBox and booted the ROM at least once. I did find that you may need to have 1.3a installed while you flash AD2SDX. But once its up and running you can flash back 1.4a and it will work fine.

FULL GUIDE

And backups made with AD2SDX installed do work. I made a backup today and restored back from it. I was testing out a ROM so I did a full wipe. So backups definitely work with AD2SDX installed

So maybe the problems are not with the kernel but with the ROMs?

Edited by Pinguy

Guest gavin(*)

I really appreciate all the developers' work to make our Liquid Metal better, every work is very precious.

Everyone of you guys are contributing your power WITHOUT ASKING FOR ANY RETURNS, you guys are showing all of us miracles again and again.

I'm using Lens' CM7 build with TechnoLover's kernel and I'm really happy with my phone now.

Both the works of you two are really helpful to us, thanks a lot.

I'm really impressed by the community power though there's not much things that I can contribute.

I just want to calm you two down, hope to see the day that developers in this community could cooperate together to make this community even better.

Guest davidevinavil

Yes, me too I think we have to cooperate to get the best from our Metal...

It's the open source spirit, more people that works to do some better helping one the other...

Guys don't lost your time with this useless war...

I personally say that I get help from Lens-Flare and Tecnolover, both of they are good devs and I won't express any opinion about this "war", just say cooperate ;)

Guest VJftw

Not to crash this thread anymore, but is it possible for the current devs to share their knowledge on building roms so we can expand this community?

I did try to figure it out myself for the whole my sunday but i got stuck and made a thread which doesn't have any replies :(

http://android.modaco.com/topic/352783-making-imagesroms/

I think once we have a guide/resource bank stickied more people will be able to get involved and put more research and development into our phone. I'm more than happy to at least attempt a guide, which i sort of started/hinted at in the thread above, but I've hit a wall :(

Guest davidevinavil

Not to crash this thread anymore, but is it possible for the current devs to share their knowledge on building roms so we can expand this community?

I did try to figure it out myself for the whole my sunday but i got stuck and made a thread which doesn't have any replies :(

http://android.modac...ing-imagesroms/

I think once we have a guide/resource bank stickied more people will be able to get involved and put more research and development into our phone. I'm more than happy to at least attempt a guide, which i sort of started/hinted at in the thread above, but I've hit a wall :(

Me as all other devs have spent months to learn what I know..

And pleas at least read carefully all post on Metal section and you will find some interesting.

Just search a bit before asking

Guest Pinguy

http://android.modac...ing-imagesroms/

Everything you need to know is in this section of the forum. If you do a bit of searching and reading up you will be making ROMs in no time. Honestly building ROMs isn't all that hard. Making them right is. I could build ROMs all day long, the thing thats not as easy to do is compiling the kernel. Thats why I have mad respect for what TechnoLover does.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest fypa33

Hello and a really big thank you for your kernel. it is really amazing compiled with T&L. I have just a question, please. What is this :

"BFQ, Simple I/O, V®, Deadline, CFQ, No-Op Scheduler (Standard @ V®)"

I don't understand this sentence and don't know what to do with it.

Thank you again.

Guest fypa33

Thanks for your quick reply.

But how do I apply this? Do I have to use another APP than setcpu and MT Control?

Great thanks for your work.