1 Nov V20l: Stock Gingerbread for ClockworkMod (rooted / rooted+deodex)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rasta666

@ Paul

Since Ximo still has issues that make his phone mostly unusable, would it be ok if I bake a custom ROM by his preferences and make it available to download just for him?

Would not make it available for others, as You do not want the ROMs mirrored elsewhere.

Maybe a fresh bake would solve his issues.

Edited by rasta666

Guest Ximo F. Verde

@ Paul

Since Ximo still has issues that make his phone mostly unusable, would it be ok if I bake a custom ROM by his preferences and make it available to download just for him?

Would not make it available for others, as You do not want the ROMs mirrored elsewhere.

Maybe a fresh bake would solve his issues.

What can i say.. truly obliged! Thanx for all your time and efford rasta, u are a great example of how SW communities/users should act.. After weeks of messing around i have to say that im a little bit 'overloaded' (more than my phone lol) atm, have been reading your last post and my mind sort of 'stopped' :) On stock v20l atm, do you know of any other way to get rooted (to begin with) except this one here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1327599 ?

100 thanx again

EDIT: No prbs if dont know of any other way, will try it later on today (need to leave the house now), and recheck my options of handling the issue. u r the man, all the best

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Guest rasta666

What can i say.. truly obliged! Thanx for all your time and efford rasta, u are a great example of how SW communities/users should act.. After weeks of messing around i have to say that im a little bit 'overloaded' (more than my phone lol) atm, have been reading your last post and my mind sort of 'stopped' :) On stock v20l atm, do you know of any other way to get rooted (to begin with) except this one here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1327599 ?

100 thanx again

EDIT: No prbs if dont know of any other way, will try it later on today (need to leave the house now), and recheck my options of handling the issue. u r the man, all the best

Dont mention it, we are here to help and share info :)

Do not have any info on rooting GB, last time I used Super One Click while still on 2.2.2., did not need it after.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1037751

Guest lap33733

If i get this right, have you managed to overcome the data/cell hung?? I am quite desperate to be honest, it seems that there's no way to fix it no matter what BB/GB rom combi i try.

Sorry to hear you still got problems. After 4 baseband files I've got only gps stuck from time to time, data and gsm calls are working ok.

I had 20l before with 625 base band. Flashed 20j and then all 4 725 baseband files from bigger to smaller. Issues gone. But I believe there are still problems between baseband and ril. My opinion is: LG has rush gingerbread rom, even with problems.

Edited by lap33733

Guest Basil 123

I tried the 'new' 725 then went back as my battery use went up quite noticeably. Using clocksync app and turning off he network time sync all data works fine.

Pauls Gr4 with 999switch and HP kernel is rock-solid. I am really loathe to flash anything else.

As Jack Nicholson said 'what if this is as good as it gets?'

I kinda failed, i downloaded and flashed the stock rom without deoxed. Everything is great runs like its supposed to, overall satisfying.

HOWEVER (here comes the fail part) i should have chosen the deoxed version, i want to change my battery icons and themes etc. wich i apparently need a dexoed rom for.

Noob i know, it would be easy just to flash the deoxed one, but ive been using the non-deoxed since Paul put it up now, and its been setup just the way i like it.

Is there an easy way to make my rom deoxed or something?

Your answers and help will be greatly appreciated =)

Guest mankian

If this ROM is being hosted anywhere else please let me know. Filesonic really is a steaming pile of horse poo.

Download keeps failing... and now

Please wait 15 min. to download this file.

quick question,

i run the de-odex version and im trying to replace the Settings.apk from GR4/GR5 to this one so i could get rid of OSP and OTA but i cannot,

i get errors when i replace the files( i changed the permission, rebooted and the logcat gives unsigned settings.apk will ignore )

Paul, how can i manipulate / replace the Settings.apk from this rom with another?

thanks.