1 Nov V20l: Stock Gingerbread for ClockworkMod (rooted / rooted+deodex)

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm prepping Gr5, but in the interim, i've repacked the stock V20l Gingerbread update for ClockworkMod. Baseband 0725 GB version is recommended.

• V20l stock with root - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • V20l stock, deodexed with root - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)

Enjoy! :)

P

Hi Paul

Are you sure this has root? Tried to amend the build.prop via ES File Explorer, but it claims I dont have root access.

Also installed Root Check from Market and this says the same !

Big thanks for getting this ROM out so quickly, really didnt need the pain of going down the LG update root !

Thanks alot! (V20L stock with root has root for me)

Is there a way to bring up the about phone dialog without going through settings? (It crashes for me..)

Guest Tsaglis

Thanks alot! (V20L stock with root has root for me)

Is there a way to bring up the about phone dialog without going through settings? (It crashes for me..)

Same here, I reverted back to GR4 for now. It might need a full wipe?

Guest Richard P.

Thanks Paul,

Works a treat, running without any significant issues and smooth as butter (after Titanium Freezing half the LG stuff and running Launcher Pro)

Awaiting your further magic and hoping the source code becomes available.

This should tide me over well enough until ICS gets ported proper.

Richard P.

Same problems as 20j data drops, gps failure. After topogigi all roms have same problems. :(

Make sure to flash the corrosponding 0725 baseband, otherwise you will get Fast Dormancy issues on 3g draining the battery really fast. The 0725 baseband from the v20l release is available on XDA. This probably means not every baseband is the same, even if they have the same name/date.

Thank you so much Paul. You make LG look bad and I feel very happy about that :)

Who knew that a one man show can beat a whole team of developers at LG?!

It may not be much, but you have my support and appreciation!

Over all, I buy your apps and have Plus membership @Modaco I will also keep renewing it even after you stop supporting my device.

I highly respect and appreciate your work !

Keep it up bro ! cool.gif

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Same problems as 20j data drops, gps failure. After topogigi all roms have same problems. :(

Same here, still suffering from data drops and occasional off-cell network situations :( :( :( Have to mention that it doesnt exactly happen as b4 and i believe that there might be a sort-of-workaround to fix it but id need more time to test. lap33733 do you by any chance live in spain?

PS. We need to find out why this happens to US and not others, whether this is a HW issue or maybe related to the networks in our countries

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Make sure to flash the corrosponding 0725 baseband, otherwise you will get Fast Dormancy issues on 3g draining the battery really fast. The 0725 baseband from the v20l release is available on XDA. This probably means not every baseband is the same, even if they have the same name/date.

This is true, even at MoDaCo there 2 BB's refered to as '725'. The 1st is the one suggested at Gr4's 1st post (LGP990AT-00-V20c-EUR-XX-AUG-02-2011+0_CP.fls) found here: http://www.multiupload.com/4MRUCNQ3NE and the other one is found in Smartflash topic (here at modaco) which is LGP990AT-00-V10d-NEU-XXX-JUL-25-2011+0_CP.fls . Both of them are refered to as BB725. Where in XDA can you find the 725 taken FROM v20l? (im currently using the v20e-Aug2 725 from Gr4 1st post)

PS1 btw v20l seems to be the smoothest GB ive seen so far, i reckon that it would literally fly once modded-cleaned up

PS2 Anybody (else) having these strange cell/data disconnections, pls join forces, let see if theres something we can do about our issue

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Same here, still suffering from data drops and occasional off-cell network situations :( :( :( Have to mention that it doesnt exactly happen as b4 and i believe that there might be a sort-of-workaround to fix it but id need more time to test. lap33733 do you by any chance live in spain?

PS. We need to find out why this happens to US and not others, whether this is a HW issue or maybe related to the networks in our countries

Flash this baseband and try again.

Hi Paul

Are you sure this has root? Tried to amend the build.prop via ES File Explorer, but it claims I dont have root access.

Also installed Root Check from Market and this says the same !

Big thanks for getting this ROM out so quickly, really didnt need the pain of going down the LG update root !

Check your super user app!

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Flash this baseband and try again.

This zip file doesn't contain one BB but rather 4 different .fls files (!) How is this supposed to be flashed?? The post on XDA mentions to flash them 'from big to small by smartflash', does this mean that i have to flash the (biggest) file, disconnect the phone when it says 'flash complete', reconnect (again with volume down) flash the next one, disconnect etc etc? Did you (or anybody else for that matter) did so?

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Yep, Rooted + DEOXEDED isn't rooted

The phone IS rooted, you just have to DL and install superuser in order to be able to give root access to the program/process requesting it

This zip file doesn't contain one BB but rather 4 different .fls files (!) How is this supposed to be flashed?? The post on XDA mentions to flash them 'from big to small by smartflash', does this mean that i have to flash the (biggest) file, disconnect the phone when it says 'flash complete', reconnect (again with volume down) flash the next one, disconnect etc etc? Did you (or anybody else for that matter) did so?

Correct. Flash the biggest to the smallest file seperately followings Paul's Instructions. When it says completed per file close Smartflash and disconnect the cable from the phone (that gets into a sort of bootloop after it is completed, this is nothing to worry about, I usually leave it for 10/20 seconds after completed). When cable is disconnected phone will be off (since no battery is inserted, obviously). Then you reinsert the cable with volume down pressed and do the next file until all four are done. Sometimes you will find that it doesn't work, just try again and don't worry too much. As long as you don't remove the cable while flashing it should be fine.

Most time efficient way to do this is to do a full backup of your rom with a recent clockworkmod, remove battery, update baseband, boot back to clockworkmod, and restore backup. Worked for me.

Edited by wapz

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Found on the same xda thread as the new v20l BB:

Originally Posted by ryaneu

Someone has already done so, look a few post above you.

Yep, thanks, doing full backup now to restore after smartflashing.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

It worked! Flashing the correct baseband is definately required.

V/GsmDataConnectionTracker( 1342): LGE_Fast_Dormancy) calling goFastDormancy, DataInactivityCounter is now (10), DATA_INACTIVITY_MAX_COUNT=10

D/GsmDataConnectionTracker( 1342): [GsmDataConnectionTracker] Received EVENT_GO_FAST_DORMANCY_DONE

I do see a lot of these messages every second even in sleep now however:

D/DataCall( 1342): apntype: default

Does that make sense?

So maybe this is the answer to our questions? It does seem confirmed that there are 'many' 725's but this last one seems to do the job, at least on the FD issue. Can somebody confirm the flashing process of the v20l BB i mentioned b4? That is, smartflash every single one of the 4 .fls files found in the xda zip consecutively ?

EDIT: Sorry question answered while i was writing this. Thanx a bunch wapz :)

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Correct. Flash the biggest to the smallest file seperately followings Paul's instructions. When it says completed per file close Smartflash and disconnect the cable from the phone (that gets into a sort of bootloop after it is completed, this is nothing to worry about, I usually leave it for 10/20 seconds after completed). When cable is disconnected phone will be off (since no battery is inserted, obviously). Then you reinsert the cable with volume down pressed and do the next file until all four are done. Sometimes you will find that it doesn't work, just try again and don't worry too much. As long as you don't remove the cable while flashing it should be fine.

Most time efficient way to do this is to do a full backup of your rom with a recent clockworkmod, remove battery, update baseband, boot back to clockworkmod, and restore backup. Worked for me.

I think that you have mistaken the link for Paul´s instructions. You were talking about smartflash flashing but u linked the NVFlash page. We are talking about normal SmartFlash BB flashing here, isnt it?