[2.3.6] acer official release 4.000.13.EMEA.GEN1

Guest onesky

http://www.acer.com

how to root

1. Copy the file su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip to the memory card.

2. Install Vache's Recoveri 2.2 from here

3. Turn off the phone.

4. Enter into Recovery mode.

press VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + FOCUS (camera button half pressed) + POWER (phone vibrates) keep all keys pressed until u enter in recovery

note: if you have installed vache recovery ver 3 press Power+FOCUS (camera button half pressed)+VOLUME UP

5. Flash superuser zip file:

Select the "flash zip from sd card", select the file su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip, press Enter and you're done.

tested and working 100% with superuser and link2sd latest version

Edited by onesky

Guest henkheksloot

Hi!

Im new to this forum and this phone. Just installed 4.000.13.EMEA_GEN1 with android 2.3.6!

Already the memory is full, so I guess I'll have to root the phone. I've found (offcourse) the recovery flash tutorial. my question is: Will this work with my firmware version?

Or in general: How do i root this version?

Guest henkheksloot

Have you tried the usual method of rooting? Ie flashing amon ra and then superuser etc?

Not yet.. going to try that tonight. Just saw the other threat where they confirmed it worked. Will post results. Thanks

Edit:

confirmed!

http://168.site90.net/doku.php?id=mobile:acer-liquid-metal-s120

Edited by henkheksloot

Guest prometeo84

hey! I am unable to root this phone!

I have copied the file, reboted in recovery mode + used the recoveryMT file.. but i never get the option to install the superuser.. what shall i do?

thanks!

Guest prometeo84

hey! I am unable to root this phone!

I have copied the file, reboted in recovery mode + used the recoveryMT file.. but i never get the option to install the superuser.. what shall i do?

thanks!

sorted! guess the trick was to press power-cam-volume UP (only up, not both).. :)

Guest stonebear

Yea, the instructions are for recovery 2.2 but the thread that contained it has been updated to 3.0 which seems different in some ways, one of which is the buttons you need to press. smile.gif

If you have 2.2 you can still use it with 2.3.6, or at least I did anyway and it seems fine, as is Superuser-3.0.6-efgh-signed.zip, I used that too.

Edited by stonebear

Guest ClarkWilhelmGriswold

Hi there!

Sorry, but I'm a total newbie to Android....

Flashing this recovery to this device will change the Firmare (into the one of the recovery), does it? Or will the original Acer 1.0000.13 remain untouched, except unlocked/rooted. How does it work at all, is just SU installed and the recovery installs the Stock-FW back after it?

After this process: What exactly changed to the Acer-FW? The kernel and the loader or is it just the same and the recovery just installs the superuser. AFAIK, the recovery is just an image, created after each booting. So how does the Rec manage to leave the firmare as it was before?

My goal is to keep the original Acer as far as possible, just want to deinstall Spinlets, SocialJogger and stuff and install Root-Apps.

Thanks for helping me out.....

Clarky

Guest Hassled1

Hi

I've upgraded my phone to 2.3.6 using Acer official firmware. I have then flashed with Recovery 3.0 and used this to install Superuser 3.06.

I have confirmed with 'Root Check' that the phone is rooted and this confirms I have root access, however I cannot find any options to uninstall social jogger etc.

Please advise what I'm doing wrong.

Hi

I've upgraded my phone to 2.3.6 using Acer official firmware. I have then flashed with Recovery 3.0 and used this to install Superuser 3.06.

I have confirmed with 'Root Check' that the phone is rooted and this confirms I have root access, however I cannot find any options to uninstall social jogger etc.

Please advise what I'm doing wrong.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-remove-uninstall-android-system-apps/

Guest sambartle

I've followed the steps above to root and it seems to have worked.. however I still cant adb remount, or use su when i do adb shell.. both give me permission denied *although I appear to have root for apps in android.. just not in ADB..

Is there something else I need to do to enable it there?

Guest wildberry

hi,

im having trouble gaining root. i was using gingerournay 3.01, then used the adt to flash the acer stock 4.000.13.EMEA.GEN1. i have since tried using cwm 3 and 2.2 to flash superuser 2.3.6.3 - 3.0.2 & 3.0.6 but keep getting this message:

E:Cant open /sdcard/su-3.0.2-efgh-signed.zip

(bad))

any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wattaman

I try to root my Acer but when I reboot in recovery mode, the phone freezes on start, while it displays the small android logo and the exclamation mark. What am I doing wrong?

Guest wattaman

I did install that, or at least I think I did, since I don't see any changes. I don't really understand what the Recovery is doing, but I followed all the steps, until the black screen with the 3 colors (at that time I have 4 lines written and the 3 colors 'flag'), ENTER again and reboot the phone. The su-2..6.3.... zip file was (and is) already on the sd card. After reboot I'm closing the phone again so I can reboot it in recovery mode and everytime I try this combo buttons the phone gets stuck with the exclamation mark and nothing more.

Is it possible that the latest OS version doesn't allow this?

Guest TechnoLover

Which key combination do you use? AmonRA uses Volume UP + Volume Down + Focus + Power and CWM uses Volume UP + Focus + Power. Both need to release and press focus on vibrate ;)

Guest wattaman

Which key combination do you use? AmonRA uses Volume UP + Volume Down + Focus + Power and CWM uses Volume UP + Focus + Power. Both need to release and press focus on vibrate ;)

Ahaaaa... now I got it.. I was using the CWM while pressing the AmonRa's combination. It didn't had the "flash zip from sd card" option, it said "update" so I chose that. I think I did it right because now I can use link2sd to move applications to SD card (that was my main purpose), apps that I couldn't move before... most of them basically.

Thanks for your help ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest callmejon

checked, all working perfectly on acer s120 from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 rooted.

However does anyone have issue with Acer s120 wifi dropping out every few mins?? it will reconnect again however it went through the DHCP everything again. beening happening on 2.3.5 and 2.3.6

thanks

checked, all working perfectly on acer s120 from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 rooted.

However does anyone have issue with Acer s120 wifi dropping out every few mins?? it will reconnect again however it went through the DHCP everything again. beening happening on 2.3.5 and 2.3.6

thanks

yes and here you can find the fix

Guest callmejon

yes and here you can find the fix

http://android.modac...84#entry1860184

kool...thanks onesky for the speedy reply.

i'll give it a try...i have TPlink router, if its a bug my nexus s stock 4.0.3 never had this issue since its release. weird.

have change the router from default 120min to 2880min.

will test the phone tonight and report back.

cheers

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>all good now, its because i have static DHCP entry in the router, cause have the same effect as&nbsp;infinite&nbsp;time as the reported bug.</div>

Edited by callmejon

Guest ozchilli

Hi,

i am experiencing the same prob as callmejon and i am using linksys wrt300N v1 wireless router. while my xoom tab and iphone 4 has not prob with the wifi connection, my sister's acer liquid metal s120 handset keep failing to connect, it keep looping through scanning then authenticating . i have changed the setting on the router from disabling DHCP to enabling it so that i can adjust the client leasing time from 0 mins (which is one day) to 9998 mins and it still doesn't work.

Please help

• 2 weeks later...