[2.3.6] acer official release 4.000.13.EMEA.GEN1

Guest onesky

Hi,

i am experiencing the same prob as callmejon and i am using linksys wrt300N v1 wireless router. while my xoom tab and iphone 4 has not prob with the wifi connection, my sister's acer liquid metal s120 handset keep failing to connect, it keep looping through scanning then authenticating . i have changed the setting on the router from disabling DHCP to enabling it so that i can adjust the client leasing time from 0 mins (which is one day) to 9998 mins and it still doesn't work.

Please help

it's not the same issue, because from what i read you can't even connect to the net but it keep scanning and authenticating.

you should try to check if it's a wap2 issue disabling just for a test the protection of your lan

or look at google forum issues, i found my fix there

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/list

sorry but I have a problem, I tried to install the "OS_Acer_4.000.13.EMEA.GEN1_A23G_LiquidMT" (the OS downloaded from the acer site), but when i try to update the OS the program says that the device hasn't sufficent free memory for the installation, thought I have 80 mb free and the setup asks only 20!

someone could help me?

• 1 month later...
Guest dragosdicu

Hi,

I have an Acer Liquid Metal from two weeks now and using the informations on this thread I succeeded in rooting it, with the remark for point 4:

- after pressing the combination of 3 keys (volume up + focus + power -> used Vache's Recovery. 3.0 instead of Vache's Recovery 2.2), the phone will vibrate. In this moment you release the three keys and press again simultaneously only volume up + focus. That was the method that worked for me.

http://www.acer.com

how to root

1. Copy the file su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip to the memory card.

2. Install Vache's Recoveri 2.2 from here

3. Turn off the phone.

4. Enter into Recovery mode.

press VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + FOCUS (camera button half pressed) + POWER (phone vibrates) keep all keys pressed until u enter in recovery

note: if you have installed vache recovery ver 3 press Power+FOCUS (camera button half pressed)+VOLUME UP

5. Flash superuser zip file:

Select the "flash zip from sd card", select the file su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip, press Enter and you're done.

tested and working 100% with superuser and link2sd latest version

Guest Pinguy

For people that just want to root the phone and are not interested in flashing custom roms ect. You can use Unlock Root Tools. Dead easy to install and use. But I would install CWM as it is pretty easy to mess up your phone with some of the root enabled apps that are available. With CWM installed you can make a backup of the phone when you get it to the stage you are happy with it. Then if you do mess the phone up it won't take you hours re-setting up everything again.

• 1 month later...
Guest Lianse

I used what the original poster said to root my phone, it all worked fine and I was able to uninstall the annoying stock apps that came with the phone. Now I have done this and am happy the stock apps have gone is it possible to unroot the phone? If so how do I do it? sorry if that seems a silly question but I am new to all this and have never rooted a phone before this one.

Guest arniepalmer

HELP!

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here and need assistance. I'm not great with tech but can usually follow instructions well :-)

I've got the liquid MT and like most, get very annoyed with the lack of storage and moving to sd. I've tried the instructions but I must be doing something wrong.

I've done stage 1 copied file to sd card

stage 2, install vaches recoveri 2.2 doesn't seem to work. I downloaded and nothing happens. I continued with next stages incase it did work and I didn't realise

stage 3, can manage that :-)

stage 4, can get into recovery mode

stage 5, selected file but says not signed, I think it's because stage 2 isn't working.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, in simple terms would probably be best.

Thanks in advance

http://www.acer.com

how to root

1. Copy the file su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip to the memory card.

2. Install Vache's Recoveri 2.2 from here

3. Turn off the phone.

4. Enter into Recovery mode.

press VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + FOCUS (camera button half pressed) + POWER (phone vibrates) keep all keys pressed until u enter in recovery

note: if you have installed vache recovery ver 3 press Power+FOCUS (camera button half pressed)+VOLUME UP

5. Flash superuser zip file:

Select the "flash zip from sd card", select the file su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip, press Enter and you're done.

tested and working 100% with superuser and link2sd latest version

• 1 year later...