Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Virtu300

This is the "Reversal" install:

Almost guarantees an error-free rom!

Recommended procedure:

1. Flash the Stock recovery for your version
  2. Flash the latest PKG
    360 - For retail

The site doesn't link to the 360 ROM anymore. Would the softbank 364 pkg be suitable?

I'm on Rogers, so maybe just go with the latest Rogers ROM? 339?

Installed 2.4.4 RC1 over 2.4.3 for the moment. Super fast, smooth, no errors. Still no tether UI.

Going to hit up a Rogers store in the next few days and see if there is an updated SIM card.

Edited by Virtu300

Guest khoacoi

Is there anyone can fix the phone icon issue in Dell launcher? Mine says that it is not installed on this phone.

Thanks Dj too much, your rom is awsome. Donation is on the way.

Thanks

Guest stevenjtx

GingerStreak 2.4.4 Release Post

A FACTORY RESET IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ALLOW THIS TO WORK CORRECTLY DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CHANGES, SO BACKUP IS RECOMMENDED

This Release Version incorporates changes in the INSTALLATION PROCESS, please read the options available to you and the correct method of applying them before proceeding to flash the 2.4.4 Zip File!

( Disclaimer : As before, this ROM is heavily updated and still being developed at a fairly rapid pace. Bugs are listed below.)

1.0 > INSTALLATION CHANGES :

With 2.4, several choices must be made before flashing the Zip file via StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery. These choices are made with very simple edits to a Text file ( explained in section 1.2 below )

Important Options Available ( other options are listed below in Section 1.1 ) -

A.Launcher Option : Users may now select their default Launcher of choice before installation. The options available are LauncherPro, ADW, Stage UI and GingerBread Launcher. GingerBread launcher is installed by default if nothing is chosen.

B.Pixel/LCD Density : Default LCD Density can be set during Installation. Values available for selection are : 120,140,180,200 and 240 DPI. also for densitys of 200 or higher a modifed contacts and phone app are installed to allow correct functionality

C.Other Settings : Other settings available include -

•us120/140/180/200/240 -

(installs build.prop with USA related Region Settings and an LCD Density of 120140/180/200/240)

•bios

( installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation )

•noapps

(this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher)

1.1 > INSTALLATION HOW TO

A. You will need to create a text file on your Streak's MicroSD Card. The file can be created in your Text Editor of choice ( such as Notepad ).

B.This file will be called 'install.txt' - Ensure that this is the exact syntax and that the file is saved with a '.txt' suffix.

C.This file must be saved in the root of the sd card.

E.Inside this text file, you may type each option that you select on a separate line. All the options available to you are listed below. Here is an example :

adwlauncher

bios
That is it. You can save this text file as install.txt You will then boot into recovery ( StreakMod or Clockwork ) and begin the Zip file installation process as usual. ! The full list of Options available are as follows :
noapps - this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher

adwlauncher - this installs adw launcher Launcher

launcherpro - this installs launcherpro Launcher

stageui - this installs dells Stage UI Launcher (the 1.6 version from 2.2.2 rather than the 1.5 from gb)

density120 - sets lcd_density to 120 by default

density140 - sets lcd_density to 140 by default

density180 - sets lcd_density to 180 by default

density200 - sets lcd_density to 200 by default

density240 - sets lcd_density to 240 by default

arabic - add arabic mod - will break gps

us120 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 120)

us140 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 140)

us160 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 160)

us180 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 180)

us200 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 200)

us240 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 240)

bios - installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation thanks to Fone_Fanatic and Frysee 

noswype - removes the preinstalled swype install to allow swype beta to work

zeam - installs the zeam launcher, a free open source launcher designed to be small and fast. 

portrait - installs modified files for portrait lockscreen

2.0 > OVERVIEW/SUMMARY OF INSTALLATION PROCESS 1.Download GingerStreak-2.4.4.zip from the links below 2.Place Zip file into Root of SD Card 3.Make a text file and type in the options you would like to chose as shown above. 4.Save file under SDCard>install.txt 5.Boot into StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery 6.Select Update from Zip File > Select Zip File From SD Card > GingerStreak-2.4.4.Zip 7.Wait for installation. 8.First Boot may take longer than a normal boot. Things are being installed, stuff is being generated. Patience. 9.Enjoy. Most Recent Stable Version: v2.4.4 ----------------- Changelogs ----------------- changelog: added cifs support to kernel added reboot option to power menu hopefully fixed slow animation of crt anim updated system apps(gmail,market,facebook) fixed voice search FC Updated Busybox, SU Binary and Superuser app Fixed flash video crashes Removed twitter - Reinstall from Market Added advanced installer back - See below Fixed Alarm Crash
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/
Please if you can and are able to donate to help me upgrade my compile server in preperation for the imminent arrival of ICS :) - any amount will be highly appreciated GBP Donate | USD Donate Rom Download Links: Primary Download Site: http://mirror2.strea...treak-2.4.4.zip YOU MUST FLASH THE BELOW BASEBAND AND DSP1 IMAGES TO ALLOW THIS BUILD TO WORK CORRECTLY!! Baseband File Download: Mirror 1: http://mirror2.strea...id.com/amss.mbn DSP1 File Download: Mirror 1: http://mirror2.strea...id.com/dsp1.mbn Quick How to for flashing the above files - assuming you already have fastboot setup and configures on your pc. 1. reboot your streak and hold the camera button down until you get a white screen, then hit the fastboot option in the top left corner. 2. connect to pc and wait for streak to show FASTBOOT_MODE 3. run the following commands to flash the baseband and dsp1 then reboot

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Please if you can and are able to donate to help me upgrade my compile server in preperation for the imminent arrival of ICS :) - any amount will be highly appreciated

GBP Donate | USD Donate

Thanks to:

Everyone for suggesting things they want adding

ALL the BETA testers who put up with multiple screwed up builds and multiple dell logo freezes to get this working, couldn of done it without you all

everyone else for just jumping in and helping each other, thats the true community sprit that makes me do this sort of dev for android and not some other mobile os.

everyone else who helped/is helping

ALL THE TESTERS DESERVE HUGE THANKS FOR THEIR HELP EVERYONE !!

DJ,thanks for ur hard work, and just want to report u that when i try to set time out after 30 mins in Display, setting got FC...pls take this into consideration

thanks again....

Guest krazman

install.txt file as follows:

noapps

launcherpro

density160

us160

bios

portrait

I've had almost no issues, a couple of random reboots, sluggishness in the market while simultaneously downloading and installing apps, and most importantly no camera. The app is there but when I open it there is just a white screen where the picture would be. Anyone else not have camera functionality. I've tried using other apps that use the camera (Google Goggles, etc) with the same results.

Reflashed, now no camera issues.

I don't know about your camera problems, BUT, remove the density160 from your install.txt file. You need EITHER densityxxx OR usxxx (xxx=the density you prefer). NOT BOTH!

Guest Azurren

Thanks a lot!

Now.. i have 16864 (357) rom... 3 flash error

back to 351 rom and continue ur recommended install procedure ?

correct ?

Correct :)

The site doesn't link to the 360 ROM anymore. Would the softbank 364 pkg be suitable?

Installed 2.4.4 RC1 over 2.4.3 for the moment. Super fast, smooth, no errors. Still no tether UI.

Going to hit up a Rogers store in the next few days and see if there is an updated SIM card.

This won't do. No idea why this rom was removed, something about "serious issues"?

If anyone can find a discussion about these "Serious issues" it'd be MUCH appreciated :)

In the mean time I will be uploading my copy of the 360.pkg and recovery

Guest Coxeroni

Here you are:

360.pkg

Guest jaw2floor

Is there anyone can fix the phone icon issue in Dell launcher? Mine says that it is not installed on this phone.

Thanks Dj too much, your rom is awsome. Donation is on the way.

Thanks

Same here. The call app works if I go to Contacts > Phone so I'm sure it's only a small fix...

Guest marvin02

For those with the issue with the phone app in Stage - did you flash with a non-stock density? The opening post states:

B.Pixel/LCD Density : Default LCD Density can be set during Installation. Values available for selection are : 120,140,180,200 and 240 DPI. also for densitys of 200 or higher a modifed contacts and phone app are installed to allow correct functionality

Perhaps the issue is with the modified phone app that installs? Those who have writen about this issue have not sated if they used stock or non-stock density.

Files for BB 360 for those that want them. Edit: I just saw that the .pkg file is not in that directory, go up one level for that.

This is the "Reversal" install:

Almost guarantees an error-free rom!

Recommended procedure:

If the recovery on the phone does not match the version of the upgrade.pkg or if it's not a predecessor in the upgrade path for the update.pkg you are using you will get errors. For instance a recovery for a regionalized ROM and trying to install a retail ROM.

Edited by marvin02

Guest rockymtnbri

Excellent!

Release Candidate already :D

Recommended procedure:

360 recovery (Retail): http://mirror2.strea...60/recovery.img
  2. Flash the latest PKG
    360 PKG (Retail): http://mirror2.strea...60_17397_00.pkg
  3. Allow the device to boot once
  4. Flash StreakMod recovery
  5. Flash AMS and DSP1 from the OP
    Note: These are different from previous 2.3 builds
  6. Flash GingerStreak 2.4 RC
  7. Wipe Data / Cache (StreakMod)
  8. Wipe Dalvik Cache (StreakMod)
    Under "advanced"
  9. Perform a Dell Factory reset
    Option 1 in recovery BEFORE entering StreakMod
  10. Allow the device to boot

Went through these steps and now have a nice and stable Streak again! Thanks to all!

Guest Technomenon81

Thanks for the reply. Although I didn't change the install.txt file, I reflashed the rom and it works fine now. I'm pretty sure I forgot to clear the cache and dalvik cache the first time around.

I don't know about your camera problems, BUT, remove the density160 from your install.txt file. You need EITHER densityxxx OR usxxx (xxx=the density you prefer). NOT BOTH!

Guest Crinos512

I just replaced the email.apk from GS2.4.4 RC1 with the one from GS2.4 to stop Exchange related FCs... so far so good. ;)

Oh, and replaced the Quickoffice.apk with the 'HD' Tablet version.

Edited by Crinos512

Guest marvin02

Why is corrupted after install some programs? (gingerstreak always loop boot but doesnt open!)

I have 77 apps installed with no FC or boot issues.

How are you installing the apps? Are you restoring from Titanium Backup or another backup program?

Did you do a reset?

Did you search or read the thread for possible solutions?

Guest raptoid

Can i install with 357 rom ? Because when i update 357 to 360 rom (after the install 360 update.pkg) wait dell logo 1 hour not happen ? (btw i tried recommended procedure..)

Guest Azurren

Can i install with 357 rom ? Because when i update 357 to 360 rom (after the install 360 update.pkg) wait dell logo 1 hour not happen ? (btw i tried recommended procedure..)

Did you use the 360 recovery?

Others have had this issue and as long as you flash AMSS and DSP1 it should be fine.

About your current app issue. Did you wipe Dalvik cache in streakmod and perform a Dell factory reset (Option 1 before entering streakmod)?

Guest khoacoi

Hi marvin2,

I flashed with stock density.

Below is my installation configurstion (install.txt) file:

Stageui

Bios

The phone icon can not work in dell launcher, but can work normally in another launcher. I love Dell launcher very much.

Thanks,

Guest Azurren

If i use "noapps" do i also need to include "noswype"?

I wondered that too..

So I put both in and it worked just fine!

noapps could have meant "no dell bloat", seeing as swype isn't really bloatware and is pretty much the dells stock keyboard (Plus he fact its a separate option)

So.. Yeah, it does no harm to include both anyway :)

Guest hacktor

Does this fix the issue with flash websites exiting the browser? Edit: Nevermind. Read more and that answered my question.

Edited by hacktor

Guest savannahb

I'll add my 2 cents and a bug i didn't expect. Phone icon doesn't work, dell stage music widget doesn't work, but these are known. I haven't seen mentioned by anyone yet that .wmv files do not play. Anyone else running into this? I also get random reboots, quite a few, and they typically happen when trying to install an app. I have factory reset, and Dalvik wiped as well in the middle of troubleshooting. What kind of battery life are people seeing (short, average, better?) thanks Steve, you'll be seeing a donation shortly, least i can do.