Official Gary Crutcher's ROM Discussion Thread

Guest Lancez

Guest Cibeles

Hi Gary,

I've just seen you've posted a new ROM today, does this include GTalk AV? if not, may I use the zip you posted a couple of days ago with it? and if not, do you have any plans to include Gtalk AV in any of your current / future ROMs?

Thanks

Amaya

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi Gary,

I've just seen you've posted a new ROM today, does this include GTalk AV? if not, may I use the zip you posted a couple of days ago with it? and if not, do you have any plans to include Gtalk AV in any of your current / future ROMs?

Thanks

Amaya

I did not include GTalk/AV in the XWKJ3 ROM. It should work in the new ROM.

I'm not sure about including it future ROMs as it can easily be installed by users.

Except for some minor enhancements I want to leave the ROM stock so users can customize as they want.

Guest Cibeles

Thanks Gary,

I'm thinking about trying your new ROM, but looking at the post, I can see no enhancements between both, what are main ones?

Another issue I'm having with my car bluetooth (I really don't know if this is related or not to your ROM but to Samsung's one):

- The "Hello Galaxy" wake up voice command does not ever work (worked with Samsung's stock ROM)

- Using the steering wheel buttons (make call, hung up) ain't work either (always worked with my old Nokia as with Samsung's stock ROM

- When playing a song, steering wheel buttons "next" and "prev" does not work with stock music app nor Music Pro, but it does work with Double Twist.

And still having the issue with Gtalk AV.

Thanks again for your time and help and your awesome job!

Guest Gary Crutcher

Thanks Gary,

I'm thinking about trying your new ROM, but looking at the post, I can see no enhancements between both, what are main ones?

Another issue I'm having with my car bluetooth (I really don't know if this is related or not to your ROM but to Samsung's one):

- The "Hello Galaxy" wake up voice command does not ever work (worked with Samsung's stock ROM)

- Using the steering wheel buttons (make call, hung up) ain't work either (always worked with my old Nokia as with Samsung's stock ROM

- When playing a song, steering wheel buttons "next" and "prev" does not work with stock music app nor Music Pro, but it does work with Double Twist.

And still having the issue with Gtalk AV.

Thanks again for your time and help and your awesome job!

I have not made any enhancements in to the new ROM (XWKJ3) except some minor improvements in the build.prop file.

The whole ROM is stock except for some added/updated apps.

Deodexing a ROM should not affect Bluetooth operation or other stock ROM apps, therefore it is probably a Samsung issue or maybe one of your apps you added is causing the problem.

Keep in mind, you should test everything in a new ROM BEFORE adding your apps to ensure the ROM works to your satisfaction.

As far as GTalk/AV I would go out to the forums and ask since I know nothing about the app and provided it per a request.

Guest Cibeles

Thanks Gary for your explanation, as well as for your awesome job, I'll update your ROM anyway.

If you need me to test any other thing in regards Gtalk AV (or whatever) I'll be happy to do it :)

Cheers,

Amaya

Guest Gary Crutcher

Thanks Gary for your explanation, as well as for your awesome job, I'll update your ROM anyway.

If you need me to test any other thing in regards Gtalk AV (or whatever) I'll be happy to do it :)

Cheers,

Amaya

Thank you for your offer to help. Will keep you posted.

Guest donatinho

I feel pretty dumb, but can't get where do I turn off CB messages, never had them before, and I am receiving tons of those crap messages , living close to 2 different cells. Any hint please? thanks

Guest Gary Crutcher

I feel pretty dumb, but can't get where do I turn off CB messages, never had them before, and I am receiving tons of those crap messages , living close to 2 different cells. Any hint please? thanks

Messages -> Settings

There is a checkbox for CB. Uncheck it.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest donatinho

I h

ave access to several wifi networks. one of them require IP static address, but if setup it, the same configuration apply to all the networks. any way to solve this problem?

Guest Gary Crutcher

I h

ave access to several wifi networks. one of them require IP static address, but if setup it, the same configuration apply to all the networks. any way to solve this problem?

Try WIFI Static - on the market - it's free

Link: WIFI Static

Guest Findroid

Can anyone suggest me some ROMS that have FINNISH language. Any of ROM makers in xda do not list supported languages, and that is a pain in the ass, for HTC sensation almost every rom had languagelist in info

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Guest Dragon546

Gary

Thank you for awesome ROM was recommended to try your roms from NikzDHD from xda. I am using the latest Siyah and so far so good. Any themes available for your rom running KJ3 version?

Regards

Tom

Guest Gary Crutcher

Gary

Thank you for awesome ROM was recommended to try your roms from NikzDHD from xda. I am using the latest Siyah and so far so good. Any themes available for your rom running KJ3 version?

Regards

Tom

Sorry, no themes. I am terrible at making themes - I am just a programmer, not an artist.

Guest donatinho

Sorry, no themes. I am terrible at making themes - I am just a programmer, not an artist.

Actually your avatar shows you are a monster, not a programmer :lol:

Guest Gary Crutcher

Actually your avatar shows you are a monster, not a programmer :lol:

FYI - a monster programmer, programming monsters

EDIT: I am now using Oxygen ROM v2.3.2 (Build 2.3.7) with ADWLauncher EX and the Blue Theme, with

Siyah Kernel v2.2.b9. No OC/UV

ROM is blazingly fast: over 5000 on Quadrant and over 6100 on AnTuTu benchmarks. Very smooth.

post-557795-0-46767900-1321354759_thumb.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Cibeles

Hi Gary,

I've been traveling around for some time, so I've been quite disconnected from this, and I was wondering, are you planning to do an ICS ROM? I've heard the official one will come in two weeks time!!

Thanks again for your amazing work!

Amaya

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi Gary,

I've been traveling around for some time, so I've been quite disconnected from this, and I was wondering, are you planning to do an ICS ROM? I've heard the official one will come in two weeks time!!

Thanks again for your amazing work!

Amaya

ICS? Probably, but I am sure the code for the framework-res & systemui apks will be different, so I will have to review the code to see what changes I can make.