Stock 20L: 3g disconnects and huge battery drain

Guest vrowdy

Guest Ximo F. Verde

@MrOtacon

I just flashed an identical setup as urs (based on ur description a couple of posts b4) lets see how this goes

Having the super-slow market issue again, that was resolved on earlier setups..

EDIT: Paul just released backtoext3 r2 mentioning that the new version also converts cache partition(!). Does this mean that up until now we were only reverting data n system to ext3 but not cache? (have already asked him) I just finished reflashing/reconverting, took me like 1.5h and 5' after i was done, Paul released this! Nice f*****n timing (on my behalf - not blaming Paul of course)!!

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Guest MrOtacon

Having the super-slow market issue again, that was resolved on earlier setups..

EDIT: Paul just released backtoext3 r2 mentioning that the new version also converts cache partition(!). Does this mean that up until now we were only reverting data n system to ext3 but not cache? (have already asked him) I just finished reflashing/reconverting, took me like 1.5h and 5' after i was done, Paul released this! Nice f*****n timing (on my behalf - not blaming Paul of course)!!

Battery lasted 27 hours before I had to charge it.

Basically with my baseband I have done the following: KDZ - Battery Drain, 4 Files - Battery Drain, single file from than + than rom - battery drain, left baseband, and went to gr4 - fine!

Its very strange I know.

I'm a little worried about flashing another rom just in case it screws this (hope the nandroid will actually restore it to this working if it goes wrong - Lol)

Gonna leave GR5 a few more days i think

Well, my build is still stable as well. No problems.

Only thing that did show up again, was the 'performance after a few days' problem, which means that after being on for a day or so, everything with sound/video (youtube, games, skype but not calling or navigation) starts to get audio hickups and microfreezes. I've always had this and a reboot fixes is normally.

So, this showed up now as well, HOWEVER there might be some better kind of garbage collection active now, because after 30 seconds of microfreezes, Youtube played smoothly again. On other roms with this bug, it never fixed itself like this and a reboot was always required.

But I've had this issue since I got the phone in May, so this I can live with. I dont't usually watch youtube or play games on my phone anyway.

Guest MrOtacon

aye man. don't worry about restarting. there was a memory leak in group scheduler which sp fixed with his kernel. happened every hundred hours or so. now just leave the phone a few minutes and it will be fine again :)

aye man. don't worry about restarting. there was a memory leak in group scheduler which sp fixed with his kernel. happened every hundred hours or so. now just leave the phone a few minutes and it will be fine again :)

My issue is always much earlier: after 24-36 hours. Fr19 did not have this issue, and also Fr19 felt much faster than Gr4 with/without HP kernal rc8r.

On day 1 the issue resolved itself about 30 seconsds into the youtube clip. On day 2 it didn't and it was worse, unwatchable.

Hoewever, playing the same clip through Dolphin browser went fine.... On stock 10c/d and 20l this also failed. I guess this phone will never work 100% perfectly.

But well, fr19 doesn't have some gingerbread api's like frontcam.

Well, at least my phone seems stable (no crashing radio, working gps, no bsod, camera ok) so everything else is just a bonus and rebooting every night isn't that bad. Now, can you recommend a nice reboot program that reboots my phone at a specific time?

Guest MrOtacon

Ahh ok buddy.

Erm, Yeah - the one i used to use.

If you search in marketplace for "Script Manager". It lets you run bash scripts easily, and has a built in Scheduler (sort of like a visual crontab).

create a script inside Script manager with only the following in it (call it whatever you like):

#!/system/bin/sh

reboot

The choose menu, advanced options -> scheduler.

Setup the required time for it to run.

After that - is done, long tap on your script in the list and select config. Select the following options:

Run as Root

Is Script

DO NOT SELECT "Run at Boot", unless you wanna make your own bootloop :D

After that - fully back out and your done, the phone will reboot at the time you need it to.

There is another script you can use to simply fully restart the gui subsystem instead of fully rebooting the phone. it will be a lot faster than rebooting, but I dont know if it clears the group scheduler out. You can give it a shot if you like.

#!/system/bin/sh

su -c ‘pkill -TERM -f system_server’

Exactly the same thing to do with that. Please Only one script or the other. Dont use both at the same time.

Create that second script. Don't schedule it - then next time phone goes "boggy" - go into script manager and run it. See if it fixed it - if not - just do a plain old reboot, and schedule that :D

Edited by MrOtacon

Thanks for your help, however that second command did do a full reboot, not only the GUI.

Did you perhaps mean some other command instead?

Ahh ok buddy.

Erm, Yeah - the one i used to use.

If you search in marketplace for "Script Manager". It lets you run bash scripts easily, and has a built in Scheduler (sort of like a visual crontab).

create a script inside Script manager with only the following in it (call it whatever you like):

The choose menu, advanced options -> scheduler.

Setup the required time for it to run.

After that - is done, long tap on your script in the list and select config. Select the following options:

DO NOT SELECT "Run at Boot", unless you wanna make your own bootloop :D

After that - fully back out and your done, the phone will reboot at the time you need it to.

There is another script you can use to simply fully restart the gui subsystem instead of fully rebooting the phone. it will be a lot faster than rebooting, but I dont know if it clears the group scheduler out. You can give it a shot if you like.

Exactly the same thing to do with that. Please Only one script or the other. Dont use both at the same time.

Create that second script. Don't schedule it - then next time phone goes "boggy" - go into script manager and run it. See if it fixed it - if not - just do a plain old reboot, and schedule that :D

Slight off-topic

Just concerned my phones battery has grown in capacity!

Now at 18hrs 55mins with 100% remaining

used so far

Cell Standby 33%, Wi-Fi 35%, Phone Idle 33%

Doing the math, thats -1% remaining

and its still on..... amazing

Guess I need to re-calibrate the battery (not sure how but guess Google will tell me)

Go Stock V20L

Steve

Slight off-topic

Just concerned my phones battery has grown in capacity!

Now at 18hrs 55mins with 100% remaining

used so far

Cell Standby 33%, Wi-Fi 35%, Phone Idle 33%

Doing the math, thats -1% remaining

and its still on..... amazing

Guess I need to re-calibrate the battery (not sure how but guess Google will tell me)

Go Stock V20L

Steve

Well, if I look at the programs that have used battery, the phone lists all kinds of programs, even programs I haven't even used.

It said that my nav-app had used 99% battery. I have been using a lot of programs, but not that one. And those programs aren't listed at all.

So, I would say this is broken in 2.3.

I really hope ICS will come and they will do it right. This is a real mess. I don't understand how such a big company cannot deliver a bug-free OS on their phones.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, GR5 has been nice for a few days, but I've been unreachable the entire morning it turns out now, and the battery went from 41% to completely dead in 1 minute...

So, back to CM, I guess.

I really wish I'd never gotten this phone.