How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

please could anyone confirm if installing another stock rom using stock recovery won't lock again my phone and maybe it would allow me to enable usb debug mode?

confirmed wink.gif

Guest putbinoot

Seemed to root ok.

However when i try to tick 'Root Explorer' and 'mount file system', it tells me sorry test failed etc.

Mike

You need to do a wipe in cmw and install a rooted Rom like Bluemonte so that es gets access.

Not according to the instructions....:o

True. You don't need to flash a custom ROM to do this, root should be enough.

Instead of ES, use ASTRO... btw, do you see Superuser app on your App Drawer? Does ES at least prompt for permissions?

Guest Mikejgeo

True. You don't need to flash a custom ROM to do this, root should be enough.

Instead of ES, use ASTRO... btw, do you see Superuser app on your App Drawer? Does ES at least prompt for permissions?

No superuser, tried ASTRO, changed text, saved, then checked it had saved, no joy.

Might try later at work, thks.

Guest putbinoot

Seemed to root ok.

However when i try to tick 'Root Explorer' and 'mount file system', it tells me sorry test failed etc.

Mike

installed es file explorer from apk launched and this is were it's not happening can't enable root explorer do i have to root phone again as phone appears back to stock.

you need to put a rooted rom on via cmw cm7 or bluemonte

just install clockwork and install any rom .you could install atomic and its easier to edit the nv files to get wifi to work.choice is yours.

14: WiFi will not work as the phone has lost the MAC address. However, once you flash back to the ROM of your choice do the following:

• Install ES File Explorer on your phone
  • Enable root mode on it and RW to system partition. This can be done in the app’s settings accessed by pressing the menu button
  • Go to /system/etc/nv_4319.txt and click it.
  • Open with Note Editor and scroll down until the the line saying “macadress=…” NOT THE ONE BEGINNING WITH #
  • Change the “…” to your MAC address you noted down.

I had to change "home Location" from /sdcard/ to / in settings. I was told to press the home button but could not find it.

read my posts and replys to them in this thread from post 60 on.

this thread.

Edited by putbinoot

Bugger,

tried to root again, it now just 'bootloops' when I try to power on.

i cannot now get into FTM mode to reflash... help!

Stock Recovery?

Doing correct sequence? Battery out, usb cable, volume down until FTM?

Guest Mikejgeo

Stock Recovery?

Doing correct sequence? Battery out, usb cable, volume down until FTM?

Correct, it was bricked... Did have CWM installed so was able to flash the Stock Orange ROM onto it so it now boots......is it still unlocked?... checking.......

Stock ROM is unlocked... so I at least have a working phone but my god its dog slow....

I have little bandwidth here so do not want to do more downloads, can I take the ROM frrom the unlock sequence,ZIP it and then use CWM to get back to 2.3.5?

EDIT .... so that is not possible, tried WinRAR on the system.img file annd no cannot

I no longer have FTM

TIA

Edited by Mikejgeo

Correct, it was bricked... Did have CWM installed so was able to flash the Stock Orange ROM onto it so it now boots......is it still unlocked?... checking.......

Stock ROM is unlocked... so I at least have a working phone but my god its dog slow....

I have little bandwidth here so do not want to do more downloads, can I take the ROM frrom the unlock sequence,ZIP it and then use CWM to get back to 2.3.5?

EDIT .... so that is not possible, tried WinRAR on the system.img file annd no cannot

I no longer have FTM

TIA

You no longer have FTM cuz, if I'm not wrong, you don't have stock recovery.

Long?!

You didn't backup with CW Recovery? :o

I did backup, however...with experience I knew it would be long and it was long, first I had the task of changing my notification icons and the restoring the colour to that of the stock rom (green like the android colour), I managed to change the icons but not the colours for Bluemonte V1.5.D, at one point I flashed and the notification bar had dissapeared so I did 3 flashes of rom I wanted to use, I did manage it with V1.5, however something must have been different with version V1.8.D. Then I had a probelm with my SD card, especailly with the Link2SD app, it was my fault for not selecting EXT3 after the first boot after flashing, so that took just under 2 hours to sort. After that I had to sort the WIFI issue with the unlock thing and then my Google account, I still have an issue with a freezing issue with Bluemonte and if it happens again...I will try and record a video of it, overall I am happy with the unlock thanks to the unlock founder, Tital for making the process easier than if I had to do it...might have taken me 2 days :P and thanks to Tillaz for his rom...apart from the freezing issue its a great rom and I have noticed its fast and more responsive than before.

Edited by Navie

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I have promoted this article on giffgaff forums: http://community.gif...is/td-p/2094889

May I urge the author of this amazing information, to get himself a giffgaff SIM, register on the forums and post any further info on there. You'll get kudos coming out your ears, and the more ratings you get, the more reward credit you'll receive. I currently have £59 reward credit, and I don't even know which posts earned it! :D

Amazing tutorial, and giffgaff are the perfect compliment to this guide!

God bless you man.

I'm on Three and happy with it.rolleyes.gif

Guest xiaoyaoswim

This unlock-method also works on the SFR Staraddict. Finally free!

Thank you very much xiaoyaoswim!

Thanks for the info.

Please can anybodysuccessfully unlock a localised version of Skate give a feedback? I will add itto the first page.

Guest glossywhite

I'm on Three and happy with it.rolleyes.gif

The SIM is free, you top it up by £10, and then you earn reward credit which is paid either as credit... OR PAYPAL. Believe me, you're losing out here.

Thanks for the info.

Please can anybodysuccessfully unlock a localised version of Skate give a feedback? I will add itto the first page.

What do you mean with "localised version of Skate"?