How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I think everyone gets that message from what I've heard.

I don't.

How did you restore you mac address tillaz? I mean...from where did you get your mac address? Or was a random one you used?

I don't.

How did you restore you mac address tillaz? I mean...from where did you get your mac address? Or was a random one you used?

i wrote it down before i unlocked, from the menu where you collaborate the proximity censer ( bottom of this menu *983*0#)

i wrote it down before i unlocked, from the menu where you collaborate the proximity censer ( bottom of this menu *983*0#)

Go at the nv_4319.txt file and see if before the macaddress line there is a commented(#) line, and check if the mac addresses are the same in both lines. If not then copy the macaddress from # line to second line.

Example:

#macaddress: 01:B4:12:22:6H:1D

macaddress: 0D:3D:32:16:43:09

should be:

macaddress: 01:B4:12:22:6H:1D

I wrote mine too before I unlock, but it turns out that the one in commented line(#) was different from what I wrote so I made what I told you. And I didn't get the prompt you all talk about.

Edited by D3abL3

and now this *983*0# dose not work any more it says connection problem or invalid MMI code huh.gif

Well don't feel bad, that code never worked for me(that error or "Unknown Application") since I bought it :lol:

Go at the nv_4319.txt file and see if before the macaddress line there is a commented(#) line, and check if the mac addresses are the same in both lines. If not then copy the macaddress from # line to second line.

Example:

should be:

I wrote mine too before I unlock, but it turns out that the one in commented line(#) was different from what I wrote so I made what I told you. And I didn't get the prompt you all talk about.

ahhh.. i see mine are not the same

thanks will give this ago smile.gif

Guest achromic

2 things:

1) - The whole method works. Follow either http://android.modaco.com/topic/348403-how-to-unlock-the-omc-here-you-go/ or My linkhttp://android.modaco.com/topic/348391-an-unlocked-and-toileted-omc/page__st__20__p__1841936#entry1841936

They both work, your choice.

2) As Tillaz said, and please, if you haven't unlocked yet, please please please MAKE A NOTE OF YOUR MAC ADDRESS (sorry for shouting).

Finally, last word:

Orange have now lost £20 per user here (well, those who bought it from them anyhow). The community has worked a charm.

Guest KonstaT

SFR cefs.mbn attached

How did you get this?

MD5 still matches to the cefs.mbn in xiaoyaoswim's package and in ZTE Blade's hungarian gen1 cefs.mbn. It's exactly the same file.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest unrandomsam

Orange UK cefs.mbn

Its not certain that the wifi mac is not installed manually after the cefs though

be useful to compare the v880 tool nvitem backup between unlocked and not an these cefs's

I think Revskills can extract the EFS from cefs.mbn and do some stuff.

Still trying to get the generic unbranded europe one though cannot find it.

oukcefs.zip

Guest KonstaT

Orange UK cefs.mbn

Its not certain that the wifi mac is not installed manually after the cefs though

be useful to compare the v880 tool nvitem backup between unlocked and not an these cefs's

I think Revskills can extract the EFS from cefs.mbn and do some stuff.

Still trying to get the generic unbranded europe one though cannot find it.

It's still exactly the same file as before.

MD5:F74733E06F81890BBA82D1FB29B2393F

Example:

should be:

just the same as before, works but the pop up is still there blink.gif

Guest wrtease

i just edited the two nv files and copied them from atomic rom and pasted them in cm7 rom and installed it and wifi works perfect. i used 00;11:22:33:44:55 in both and deleted the 11.22.33.44.55.66 on both .cured and working

Guest john.smith

After spending the whole night with my OMC everything appears to be working well.

May I please suggest people flashing to CM7.1 or other modded ROM available as soon as being unlocked.

Originally using ZTE Skate stock ROM (2.3.5), I spent 3 hours in modifying the text file in system/etc with no joy.

Then I decided to flash to CM7.1 Nightly, made the text file edited, and voila!

Thanks so much for your efforts!

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Actually this cefs.mbn also MD5 matches to one that that was previously included in ZTE Blade gen1->gen2 TPTs (obviously doesn't get flashed during that and wbaw has since removed it from newer versions).

That cefs.mbn might even date back to old hungarian Blade gen1 update. Atleast wbaw says it's 'gen1'. wbaw has left the board and edited his post but here is some of it quoted here:

Edit. Yeah, cefs.mbn is exactly the same as in hungarian update from last december. :)

That is very interesting finding.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

@xiaoyaoswim.

Great job. Already unlock my OMC. And back to BLUEMONTE.

Thank you very much.

Donation made :) (2L41800177326350N)

Congratulations and cheers, mate!

Guest unrandomsam

It's still exactly the same file as before.

MD5:F74733E06F81890BBA82D1FB29B2393F

I didn't check before uploading it just extracted it from the ROM.

I think possibly flashing any of these with the blade flasher used will unlock.

(Think at 99% it only puts back the nvitems it knows about so not the unlock mechanism)

Worth a try ?

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Hi!

Thank you very much for this job!!!

I have one question about it:

In section 5 of the instruction writes:

"5. You are supposed to have ZTE driver properly installed in windows beforehand. Run download.exe, you should find the port number where your phone is connected displayed correctly in the software interface. Just click start and wait the flash process to be completed."

Where I find ZTE driver? I never instaled that driver in my computer.

Here is the link to ZTE windows driver http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L

Guest tilal6991

I didn't check before uploading it just extracted it from the ROM.

I think possibly flashing any of these with the blade flasher used will unlock.

(Think at 99% it only puts back the nvitems it knows about so not the unlock mechanism)

Worth a try ?

how did you extract it?