How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Hello everybody! I'm back, just finish preparing everything and my dinner. Firstly I would like to thank everyone in this thread who trust me and kindly support me, and also I quite understand those who show scepticism.

WARNING: There is low level rom flash involved in this process, therefore it could be extreme dangerous. One of the potential risks is to lose your IMEI and/or WLAN, Bluetooth MAC address. Actually I lost my IMEI and BT address once and I had to manually edit it back.

Although I double checked everything I provided, I’m not 100% sure. It did work for my OMC, but since it went toileted I am not able to practically varify it again before I post it here. May I ask some experienced and brave users to try my method first? (I suggest you manually backup the Channel1.nvm file generated when you run the flash tool for the first time. It is essential as you could get your NV back by this file.) If it is proved to be safe and valid, then everyone else could enjoy the unlocked OMC.

Ok, here you go!

1. Download and extract this zip file , the extraction password is my id “xiaoyaoswim” : ). It is composed of the modified version of ZTE windows flash tool from hedgepigdaniel , plus special roms which will unlock your phone.

2. Download system.img (which is the 2.3.5 stock rom of retail Skate, provided by reo2xor ) and put system.img under the fold of FTM flash tools \files.

Note for advanced users: Due to the large size of the system.img file, I didn’t include it in the zip file. Of course you can replace it with any customed 2.3.5 rom you want, as long as you are aware what you are doing.

3. Ensure your handset is in official recovery partition, if you have changed it flash the official one back. Any customed one like ClockworkMod will not boot in official FTM mode, and this could cause loss of your phone’s NV memory, i.e. lost IMEI (This is exactly what I suffered at the beginning).

4. Boot your phone into FTM mode by: remove the battery, and then hold the volume down key and connect the USB cable at the same time. Do not release the volume down key until you see "FTM" on the screen of your mobile.

5. You are supposed to have ZTE driver properly installed in windows beforehand. Run download.exe, you should find the port number where your phone is connected displayed correctly in the software interface. Just click start and wait the flash process to be completed.

6. When the flash process is successfully done, remove the USB cable and put back your battery and any SIM card you like. If you follow everything I mentioned above and everything goes alright, when switching on you mobile there should be no more popup of unlock code request anymore, Just the same as a factory unlocked Skate!

Good luck! Any feedback is welcome.

Update 0:58 11/11/2011

1.Unlocking hasbeen proved to be valid by several users.

2. A problem ofmissing WLAN MAC address is also confirmed, reason remaining unknown although some workaround is available.

Until the MAC addressproblem is totally solved, please can everyone else who hasn’t try my unlocking method STOP. At least you need to writedown your MAC address in case of missing.

Edited by xiaoyaoswim

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Btw...your picture looks like you once worked for ZTE and now a rebel, I hope you are that person who shares all their dirty little secrets lol :lol:

LOL My avatar is from a very famous Chinese RPG game.

Guest tilal6991

So I think an impasse is now going to occur. No one wants to risk the above and if no one risks it no one wants to try without proof.

Anyone desperate for an unlock and are willing to risk their phone?

God dammit!! I would try it right now, but I already sent my phone to unlock :/

Maybe if they don't unlock it till tomorrow after lunch I'll try this out...

I tried to run download.exe just by curiosity and it said "Fail to find 'RecordCSV.sdi', please select setup folder."

So I think an impasse is now going to occur. No one wants to risk the above and if no one risks it no one wants to try without proof.

i am tempted.. but really dont want to deal with orange again

if the OP could explain a little how it works...

Anyone desperate for an unlock and are willing to risk their phone?

I thought you programming guys would have an idea whether it will work or not even without going through the process?

Guest tilal6991

I thought you programming guys would have an idea whether it will work or not even without going through the process?

theoretically if the channel1.nvm is programmed correctly it should unlock te phone.

what system image would i use for the omc ,im game for trying it.

This is the system.img that it is suggested by the OP: http://www.4shared.c...zUr/system.html

Theoreticaly this method should work...

If no adventurous person try this till tomorrow, and if my OMC is still locked, I will try(i know no1 else will try since i said this :lol:)

EDIT

I may be mistaken but if IMEI is lost, there is nothing as simple as flash stock system.img or stock image.bin... right?

Edited by D3abL3