Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest ronc2000

I have been trying to download gallery.zip for the last 24 hours but have not been successful.

It stopped at various stages. The most I got was about 70MB, many times shorter.

I have downloaded the atomic rom (100+MB) from the same server without problem.

Anyone else has the same problem?

Update: finally succeeded!

Edited by ronc2000

Guest Voxpop2011

Yes you will have to.

Finally, I have UNLOCKED, installed Clockwork and re-rooted :D However, despite following all the steps, I am back to the out of the box state :o I have a back-up folder on my Mac desktop and would like some help in restoring my phone. I should imagine that I can't do it via Mac, so could I burn the back up folder to disc/transfer to a memory stick and reinstate on Windows - again how - or should I take the opportunity to try some custom roms?

Hi I am new here I have rooted my orange monti carlo, l have loaded these programmes ANTEK/APP MANAGER--- ANTEK ULTIMATE APP GUARD---ROM MANAGER---SUPERUSER Now I would like try and unlock my phone with these APPS on or do I need to delete them.

Thank You

Guest Voxpop2011

Hi I am new here I have rooted my orange monti carlo, l have loaded these programmes ANTEK/APP MANAGER--- ANTEK ULTIMATE APP GUARD---ROM MANAGER---SUPERUSER Now I would like try and unlock my phone with these APPS on or do I need to delete them.

Thank You

Hi and welcome. Well done for rooting your phone, it took me several weeks on and off, so you are on a roll.

You cannot unlock your phone in the way you suggest, instead go to the top of this forum and see the pinned subject for unlocking this device and follow the extensive instructions. If you encounter problems, as many of us did, just come back and post your queries.

:)

Hi and welcome. Well done for rooting your phone, it took me several weeks on and off, so you are on a roll.

You cannot unlock your phone in the way you suggest, instead go to the top of this forum and see the pinned subject for unlocking this device and follow the extensive instructions. If you encounter problems, as many of us did, just come back and post your queries.

:)

Hi thanks for the help What I am asking is can I go ahead and try and unlock my phone following the the tutorial above With thoes apps installed on my phone.

Thanks a lot

Guest Voxpop2011

Hi thanks for the help What I am asking is can I go ahead and try and unlock my phone following the the tutorial above With thoes apps installed on my phone.

Thanks a lot

Yes you can, although strictly speaking, the only app you will find really useful is the free Antek one. When you unlock following the tutorial pinned on this board, you will LOSE root and will have to root AGAIN. As part of the rooting process, super user is automatically installed, so no need to download it from the Market. I favour Titanium backup (free version) over Rom Manager though others might disagree.

Follow the tutorial step by step and don't be tempted to skip anything. I would also advise doing the post-unlock procedure as this will install ClockworkMod,. Give it a go and see how far you get, you may be one of the few who experience no problems at all.

Yes you can, although strictly speaking, the only app you will find really useful is the free Antek one. When you unlock following the tutorial pinned on this board, you will LOSE root and will have to root AGAIN. As part of the rooting process, super user is automatically installed, so no need to download it from the Market. I favour Titanium backup (free version) over Rom Manager though others might disagree.

Follow the tutorial step by step and don't be tempted to skip anything. I would also advise doing the post-unlock procedure as this will install ClockworkMod,. Give it a go and see how far you get, you may be one of the few who experience no problems at all.

Thanks voxpop2011 for taking the time to explain to me I will have a go at unlocking, The only problem I was getting when I rooted the phone was geting the computer to recognise the phone, But when I rebooted the computer the rooting worked fine.

Thanks again

I have tried unlocking my Orange Monte Carlo on many occasions over the last couple of weeks but no luck as yet. I have read and re-read the various articles on here but still no luck. Spent many evenings downloading the various files, removing and re-installing drivers, using different cables, using different usb ports and using different PC but with same result - the Android man and waiting for device message when trying to run install-recovery-windows.bat. USB debugging is definitely turned on

It is a new phone without any mods as yet and I am just initially interested in unlocking it.

On connecting the phone, in the device manager I get

ADB Interface

- Interface ADB Interface

(when i right click and look at properties it list under Driver File Details

C:\\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\ghsandroid.sys

C:\\Windows\System32\wdfcoinstaller01005.dll)

When I open a dos window and type adb devices I get P743T_OUK

When I run install-recovery-windows.bat, in the device manager Interface ADB dissappears but get

Other Device

- Android (with yellow triangle and exclamation) and at looking at properties get device not configured correctly

and when I try and point it to the drivers ( C:\PROGRAM FILES\HANDSET USB DRIVER\DRIVERS ) it says it cannot find drivers

So now deperately seeking some help please before it gets put away into a drawer !

Any ideas on what to try next ?

Any other info that i need to supply to help diagnose the problem ?

Thanks for the reply Hecatae. I have tried with all three USB connections on my DELL latop (M6500) and all three on my Samsung netbook. (with both machines I have had the AC adapter connected whilst trying it)

I have tried a couple of cables when I first tried unlocking it but could try again.

Can i try different cables and different usb slots without having to install/uninstall the drivers inbetween ?

Is it only when you run install-recovery-windows.bat that you see if the cables/drivers worked ?

or is there another way of telling ?

Guest Voxpop2011

I have tried unlocking my Orange Monte Carlo on many occasions over the last couple of weeks but no luck as yet. I have read and re-read the various articles on here but still no luck. Spent many evenings downloading the various files, removing and re-installing drivers, using different cables, using different usb ports and using different PC but with same result - the Android man and waiting for device message when trying to run install-recovery-windows.bat. USB debugging is definitely turned on

It is a new phone without any mods as yet and I am just initially interested in unlocking it.

On connecting the phone, in the device manager I get

ADB Interface

- Interface ADB Interface

(when i right click and look at properties it list under Driver File Details

C:\\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\ghsandroid.sys

C:\\Windows\System32\wdfcoinstaller01005.dll)

When I open a dos window and type adb devices I get P743T_OUK

When I run install-recovery-windows.bat, in the device manager Interface ADB dissappears but get

Other Device

- Android (with yellow triangle and exclamation) and at looking at properties get device not configured correctly

and when I try and point it to the drivers ( C:\PROGRAM FILES\HANDSET USB DRIVER\DRIVERS ) it says it cannot find drivers

So now deperately seeking some help please before it gets put away into a drawer !

Any ideas on what to try next ?

Any other info that i need to supply to help diagnose the problem ?

I recognise and sympathise with your frustration, it took me a couple of weeks (mostly weekends) to do the unlock. The problem is Windows not recognising the installed drivers rather than usb ports or cables. I found that one week there was no problem with the drivers, but I would fall at another hurdle, then the next time I tried Windows refused point blank to find the installed drivers. So long as you have installed everything on the list, I am afraid that it is just going to be a case of persistence.

Thanks voxpop2011 for taking the time to explain to me I will have a go at unlocking, The only problem I was getting when I rooted the phone was geting the computer to recognise the phone, But when I rebooted the computer the rooting worked fine.

Thanks again

Hi voxpop2011

Tonight the first try to unlock my OMC, The only problem was Win 7 did not see the phone But once I went to the add port, Port 22 for me, The unlock worked perfect.

Thanks again for your support

Guest Voxpop2011

Hi voxpop2011

Tonight the first try to unlock my OMC, The only problem was Win 7 did not see the phone But once I went to the add port, Port 22 for me, The unlock worked perfect.

Thanks again for your support

Well you are a jammy devil :lol:. Rooted and unlocked in no time at all. I guess if you can get Windows to 'play nice' with the drivers, half the battle is won. At this rate, you will be flashing roms like a pro.

Well you are a jammy devil :lol:. Rooted and unlocked in no time at all. I guess if you can get Windows to 'play nice' with the drivers, half the battle is won. At this rate, you will be flashing roms like a pro.

After the unlock I have had to root it again, Still feeling my way Though, I will try another rom, Pleased to get rid of the O+++ge sim Dont know how or were the money from the payg topup has gone as I have not made any phone calls I used my wifi all the time, no indication that I was using it on the net.

Guest Voxpop2011

After the unlock I have had to root it again, Still feeling my way Though, I will try another rom, Pleased to get rid of the O+++ge sim Dont know how or were the money from the payg topup has gone as I have not made any phone calls I used my wifi all the time, no indication that I was using it on the net.

Tell me about it. Orange is the most expensive network for pay and go. The real problem though is that in the initial set up for Orange, there is an option to use Orange internet or wi-fi only. You probably missed that. I bought a five pound vodafone sim to 'test' the unlock and will probably stick with them.

Tell me about it. Orange is the most expensive network for pay and go. The real problem though is that in the initial set up for Orange, there is an option to use Orange internet or wi-fi only. You probably missed that. I bought a five pound vodafone sim to 'test' the unlock and will probably stick with them.

For me the best sim is from lycamobile Just have a look at there site and there payg charges, We have family in Sweden, Providing the person you are phoning has the lycamobile sim Its only 15 pence for a 30 min call thats been the charge for a lest 18 months, As well as some more phone companies they use the Vodafone network. Try phoning Sweden with a Vodafone sim and see how much it costs

Still falling at the first hurdle when trying to unlock my monte carlo - when running install-recovery-windows.bat I get the waiting for device and the green android man on the phone and does not recognise the drivers when i point it towards the directory. Tried various cables and usb port combinations and also tried it on another machine over the weekend but the same result.

Has anyone any suggestions on as to what is going wrong ?

Guest roadstrbikr

Hello all,

I have a strange problem that doesn't seem to have surfaced here (that I've seen, although I may have missed it). I have had no problem getting up to step 6 in the pinned post here. The problem is that when I connect the phone to my computer and press the volume down button, I get dumped into the MoDaCo Recovery!!!. I don’t ever see the “FTM” come up on my phone. I know that I could flash a new ROM, but I only want to network unlock the phone... Any ideas?

Cheers.

Guest Voxpop2011

Hello all,

I have a strange problem that doesn't seem to have surfaced here (that I've seen, although I may have missed it). I have had no problem getting up to step 6 in the pinned post here. The problem is that when I connect the phone to my computer and press the volume down button, I get dumped into the MoDaCo Recovery!!!. I don’t ever see the “FTM” come up on my phone. I know that I could flash a new ROM, but I only want to network unlock the phone... Any ideas?

Cheers.

At some point you must have installed this. In any event, you will not be able to boot into FTM mode until you remove recovery. Do you have any back up programs such as Titanium?

Guest arnookie

I have phone on custom rom atomic rom. I want to unlock but was unsure if this is possible with custom rom installed. Will it mess up if I try doing it with my custom rom? Do I need to flash back to stock rom first before the unlock?

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Also the mac address problem will this still be a problem or do I need to repair that after unlock?

Thanks for any help :o)