Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

Tilal followed instructions tried to run install recovery bat failed to install drivers now i just have the green android and phone won't shut down what should i do take battery out.

I just get waiting for device and nothing happens anyone got any ideas.

You can take out the battery. It'll still boot. I think the drivers are your problem but I have no idea which drivers to use. I would recommend looking on the CWM thread.

Tilal followed instructions tried to run install recovery bat failed to install drivers now i just have the green android and phone won't shut down what should i do take battery out. Ok took battery out and all ok again but I just get waiting for device and nothing happens anyone got any ideas. Do i need to install anything on the phone first.

have you ever installed cwm on your skate/omc or rooted it ?

are you using vista ?

Edited by tillaz

have you ever installed cwm on your skate/omc or rooted it ?

are you using vista ?

No its a bog standard orange monte not rooted it yet and cwm (whats cwm) not installed as far as i know all iv'e installed are usuall apps google etc,Im using windows 7 64bit but have an xp pro pc i could use do you think that would be better.

No its a bog standard orange monte not rooted it yet and cwm (whats cwm) not installed as far as i know all iv'e installed are usuall apps google etc,Im using windows 7 64bit but have an xp pro pc i could use do you think that would be better.

yes give it a try as you problem is defiantly missing drivers....

if that dose not work have a read trough here http://android.modac...-the-zte-skate/ i wrote a short guide on how to manually install the google usb drivers wink.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest cmberry20

Quick question - apart from the MAC address issue; which is solved after the unlock, are there any other negatives with the unlock method as its a very unorthodox way of unlocking a phone.

Are there any issues like things not working, or any bugs? Is it permanent (still present if a new ROM is flashed) or reversible (in case phone needs sending back to orange)?

Also, do you have to insert the MAC address every time you flash a new ROM?

Cheers.

Quick question - apart from the MAC address issue; which is solved after the unlock, are there any other negatives with the unlock method as its a very unorthodox way of unlocking a phone.

Are there any issues like things not working, or any bugs? Is it permanent (still present if a new ROM is flashed) or reversible (in case phone needs sending back to orange)?

Also, do you have to insert the MAC address every time you flash a new ROM?

Cheers.

I have no issues with the unlock process or anything after that, if you flash a new ROM the unlocked state is still present and I don't think it is reversible, I think you need to input the MAC address in everytime you install a new ROM.

Guest cmberry20

I have no issues with the unlock process or anything after that, if you flash a new ROM the unlocked state is still present and I don't think it is reversible, I think you need to input the MAC address in everytime you install a new ROM.

Thanks for the info.

Reminder to self: email MAC address to self so I never loose it!!! ;)

Guest xiaoyaoswim

What's so good about ICS apart from the new menu where you can scroll down the various options?

Well, you know it is Android 4.0. Isn't the version number itself making you excited? lol

Well, you know it is Android 4.0. Isn't the version number itself making you excited? lol

Lol, let me do some research into it, I hardly even know much about it apart from the new application screen.

If you look it up on Wikipedia you'll see why its a big deal.

It kinda reminds me of Blackberry, not sure why but I guess thats a good thing and the feature list seems a little overwhelming :)

Guest tilal6991

It kinda reminds me of Blackberry, not sure why but I guess thats a good thing and the feature list seems a little overwhelming :)

Blackberry? Not so good now lol. It is pretty overwhelming but just think. The majority of thoee features will be on our phones.

Blackberry? Not so good now lol. It is pretty overwhelming but just think. The majority of thoee features will be on our phones.

Blackberry is the only operating system out there that gives a phone that feel of prestige, I get that feeling with ICS.

HI Guys,

Many thanks for all the useful guides and shared experience. Tonight I have taken a stock Skate and managed to unlock, root and apply a new image. The one thing I am struggling with is getting wifi back up and running.

So far I have tried the following without sucess:

- updating nv_4319.txt with the MAC I noted before I started the process

- updating both nv_4319.txt and nv_4329.txt with the MAC I noted before I started the process

- updating nv_4319.txt with the MAC in the #'ed line above

I've tried all of the above combinations in the orignal image, then with both Atomic Blue and Blue Monte (ensuring full wipes before each image change)

Does anyone have any ideas of what I should try next?

Thanks,

Xav

Guys iv'e tried the unlock tutorial of tilals but when i click install-recovery-windows-bat it just hangs saying waiting for device,And the green android comes up on the phone only way to get rid of it is to take battery out.Should i install any drivers to the actuall phone,Tried on windows 7 and on xp pro.I really don't want to give Orange any money.Usb drivers have been installed on pc.This is an orange monte carlo with all orange crap on it.

Guest tilal6991

Guys iv'e tried the unlock tutorial of tilals but when i click install-recovery-windows-bat it just hangs saying waiting for device,And the green android comes up on the phone only way to get rid of it is to take battery out.Should i install any drivers to the actuall phone,Tried on windows 7 and on xp pro.I really don't want to give Orange any money.Usb drivers have been installed on pc.This is an orange monte carlo with all orange crap on it.

So you haven't put ClockWorkMod on it?

Guest tilal6991

No should i have first.

No - just skip the step 4 and the last step and it should work perfect. I've updated the tutorial so I would advise you to start again.

No - just skip the step 4 and the last step and it should work perfect. I've updated the tutorial so I would advise you to start again.

Tilal does this file install to pc or phone,

"QPST 2.7 Build 366".