My Rom: I8000NXJJ1 build 21916 rom with Transparent Taskbars

Guest bobfrantic

Guest bobfrantic

I8000NXJJ1 build 21916 rom with Transparent Tasbars

First I want to thank JacobN for his rom builder and for the files to make the build 21916. Also to all the chefs on Modaco which helped me to learn about rom building. And to bobhero for the EzInput keyboard which I prefer over any other keyboard and the Sip menu changer .

I use this rom daily with no troubles. Lots of free ram always and most stable. I give the disclaimer that I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong though, you install this at your own risk. I made this for my own use, but have seen some who want transparent taskbars so thought I would share it is all. Enjoy.

Included in the rom:

Adobe Flash 2.1

EzInput Sip Menu Changer

(you need to go to this to activate the full keyboard in the EzInput 2.1)

HTC EzInput 2.1 Keyboard (with camera button fix)

Windows Live

Adobe Reader

Audio Note (Recorder)

Auto Rotation

Call Log

File Manager (My Files)

File Explorer

Fm Radio

Games

Java

Newer Main Menu

New Camera with date and time in file name

Samsung Photo Album

Calculator

Phonebook

Smart Converter

Smart Memo

Smart Sync

Samsung SMS-MMS

Samsung Task Switcher

Touch Calender (Schedule)

Touch Clock

Touch Player

You Tube

Office Mobile 2010

Security Off

Auto Close Patch

CeleTask

Rotate Left

Screen Capture

Soft Reset

NetCF 3.5

Transparent Taskbars

My own Start screen and welcomehead...

There is only the Windows Today UI in this rom, Chome and Samsung Today are removed. Also no Samsung keyboards. If any other program is not listed above it also is not in the rom.

Here is a screenshot after I installed a metro taskbar from XDA.... attached :D (found it hehe)

post-746506-0-16813300-1321115238_thumb.

Here is the download link. I only have account with mediafire sorry, if anyone wants to mirror this go ahead.

Download Rom

PagePool is 6 meg which is plenty for the rom. On first boot there is about 95 megs free ram and 240 megs free space.

Remember to go to the EzInput Sip Menu Changer and select Full QWERTY keyboard.

One thing to do after flashing this rom, make sure to do a hard reset immediately to make sure there is nothing from the previous one you had on your phone still there. Thanks to Umpal for reminding some to do this but I felt I should add this to the first post. If you are not getting your sms or you see 2 message folders, then the hard reset will correct that. It isn't a fault of the rom but just how things work when flashing phones... always do a hard reset. B)

Enjoy.... Its my personal rom and hope you like it!!

Let me know what you think, will appreciate any comments or suggestions (not that I can promise anything else LOL)

Here is the metro taskbar cab. It will be a bit different from my screenshot as I did a little bit of editing on a couple of the DLL files in it...

(if you want the dll files I edited, send me a PM and I will give them to you...)

MetroTaskbar.cab

:D

And a thank you would be most appreciated....

Edited by bobfrantic

Looks very nice I'll give it a try. So far I go with Sonblack SB30 and I'm very glad. However I'd love to see some fresh change and see if your ROM has some fixies that Sonblack's needs.

Cheers,

Peter

[update]

So I did the change. I like how the system responds (I find it a bit faster than SB30 mentioned above). Also I like transparent taskbars (it was one of the reasons I gave it a shot). Unfortunately you didn't put these nice icons (yes you mention that) and the ones from system are very ugly. I was looking for "metro taskbar" but found nothing. Well, I found this thread WP7 Metro: Icons | Bootsequence | Lockscreen but it doesn't change the taskbar icons and... the Lockscreen feature doesn't work at all on your ROM. When I change 'Classic lock' to 'Default lock' it goes weird - the screen does not lock but after this operation at the right upper corner stays X-mark and I can't start some application (like camera or Samsung settings for e.g.) Other thing is that when I receive a text message it disappears - even if I choose 'save' the message is not in messages box.

Well, I went back to Sonblack's ROM.

Two things I would wish to have: Transparent taskbars and these icons from your screenshot.

Best regards

Edited by Umpal

Guest bobfrantic

Looks very nice I'll give it a try. So far I go with Sonblack SB30 and I'm very glad. However I'd love to see some fresh change and see if your ROM has some fixies that Sonblack's needs.

Cheers,

Peter

[update]

So I did the change. I like how the system responds (I find it a bit faster than SB30 mentioned above). Also I like transparent taskbars (it was one of the reasons I gave it a shot). Unfortunately you didn't put these nice icons (yes you mention that) and the ones from system are very ugly. I was looking for "metro taskbar" but found nothing. Well, I found this thread WP7 Metro: Icons | Bootsequence | Lockscreen but it doesn't change the taskbar icons and... the Lockscreen feature doesn't work at all on your ROM. When I change 'Classic lock' to 'Default lock' it goes weird - the screen does not lock but after this operation at the right upper corner stays X-mark and I can't start some application (like camera or Samsung settings for e.g.) Other thing is that when I receive a text message it disappears - even if I choose 'save' the message is not in messages box.

Well, I went back to Sonblack's ROM.

Two things I would wish to have: Transparent taskbars and these icons from your screenshot.

Best regards

I use the S2U2 for a lockscreen which is why I didn't include any of the stock ones, sorry.... The metro taskbar is in the first post now tho :)

I use the S2U2 for a lockscreen which is why I didn't include any of the stock ones, sorry.... The metro taskbar is in the first post now tho :)

S2U2 looks nice but it has one disadvantage that disqualifies it (in my case): If you want to have your PDA password locked it's easy to remove after soft reset. This is why I use the system build in.

Guest bobfrantic

Hmmm Alot of downloads of the rom and views of the page but no comments. I guess no news is good news and hope those using the rom are enjoying. Let me know please, I am most curious :)

Over 80 downloads, and still no one has had anything to say. hmmmmmm :huh:

Edited by bobfrantic

Guest alvaro214

HI !!

I installed the ROM this morning and i'm testing it. And I'm in PHONE version I8000XXJJ1 and for the moment everything OK. I like so much the transparent taskbars, great idea.

If i detect any bug/issue i will post it here.

Thank you for this ROM.

PD: where can i download the wallpaper in the example post?.

PD 2: I'm trying different ROM's for the last 2 years, and i'm fed up with samsung's policy of no-updates for the omnia II. I have sent several complaints to them in order to solve many problems and I got no answer from them. So if you could cooking ROM's i will very pleased, and totally able to try them.

Thank you very much

HI !!

I installed the ROM this morning and i'm testing it.(...)

Do not forget to do a hard reset after it finishes all update (wait patiently it takes some time after that).

The ROM is great so far.

Guest bobfrantic

HI !!

I installed the ROM this morning and i'm testing it. And I'm in PHONE version I8000XXJJ1 and for the moment everything OK. I like so much the transparent taskbars, great idea.

If i detect any bug/issue i will post it here.

Thank you for this ROM.

PD: where can i download the wallpaper in the example post?.

Here you go, the wallpaper:

Wonderland.jpg

:)

Edited by bobfrantic

Guest alvaro214

Do not forget to do a hard reset after it finishes all update (wait patiently it takes some time after that).

The ROM is great so far.

Thanks for remember me it! I did it and everything OK until now.

Guest alvaro214

You are most welcome, and hope you enjoy the rom. It has been great on my phone for a month :D

I've had the ROM for many days and perfectly until now. Very fast and stable and around 85 - 90mb free RAM, so everything works OK. No lag, and no bugs until now, battery drain it's normal.

I'll keep reporting. Very good job bobfrantic! Thanks again!

Guest actionboyCZ

Hi, I have a big problem here. If someone call me only for few sec (misscall me) and than cancel the calling, the phone do NOT recognise the caller and write: unknown

Do u have the same problem? I think this is seriousproblem. Can u fix it?

Edited by actionboyCZ

Guest bobfrantic

Hi, I have a big problem here. If someone call me only for few sec (misscall me) and than cancel the calling, the phone do NOT recognise the caller and write: unknown

Do u have the same problem? I think this is seriousproblem. Can u fix it?

No, never had that trouble before. If anyone else has had this trouble, and knows how to fix it, hope they can post that here for you.

No, never had that trouble before. If anyone else has had this trouble, and knows how to fix it, hope they can post that here for you.

I just checked it and everything is alright. The only thing is that when the caller's number is saved on the SIM card only, then you see on the screen only his number (his name is ignored by S2U2, I don't know why). But if you have this contact in your phone then S2U2 displays also his name (besides the number). Anyway, when I go to missed calls I can see in both cases (number on the SIM and/or in phone) who was calling me.

actionboyCZ did you do a hard reset after flashing this ROM? It is very important because if you don't do that it leaves some "trash" from the previous ROM (mine had for e.g. two InBox folders, but after HR everything works normal).

Guest manojlo

Hi

I would like to try your ROM and I have one question:

I am using PowerDic dictionary which is included in the original ROM

Is it included in your ROM?

Guest bobfrantic

Hi

No sorry it isn't. Only the programs listed in the first post are in the rom. But if you google PowerDic for WM you will find lots of sources to download it. B)

Guest alvaro214

Hi, I have the same problem that actionboyCZ . In the previous ROM (Rapid JI1 29020) i have installed didn't happens, but in others did. So i guess it's a problem with the windows version or the lock program.

I don't know if it's fixable or we have to live with it. Anyone can throw a bit of light to this issue?

Thanks !

Guest bobfrantic

Hi

Apparently PowerDic is in a hidden folder on the rom, just the shortcuts are missing. Here is a zip with the folder that goes into your Programs folder in the Start Menu folder of Windows on your phone. That should appear in your menu then and you have PowerDic again :)

PowerDic.zip

Edited by bobfrantic

• 2 months later...
Guest AppAddict

Hello Bob, just downloading your rom now :) in readyness for my B7610 which should be with me next week providing UK customs stop sleeping on the job. Will let you know how I get on with it :).

Cheers for sharing your rom.