Does ARMv6 version of Flash work on this tablet ?

I noticed this tablet uses the same processor as my ZTE Blade (Qualcomm MSM 7227 600MHz) and uses the same resolution screen (800x480) and about a month ago a special version of Flash became available that now works with the Blade:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1155538&page=14

I can now use the BBC iPlayer app when set to Low Quality (400kbps) on my ZTE Blade.

Has anyone tried this on the Viewpad 7 (or clones) ?

Thanks

Gavin

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Skip Tracer

I noticed this tablet uses the same processor as my ZTE Blade (Qualcomm MSM 7227 600MHz) and uses the same resolution screen (800x480) and about a month ago a special version of Flash became available that now works with the Blade:

http://forum.xda-dev...1155538&page=14

I can now use the BBC iPlayer app when set to Low Quality (400kbps) on my ZTE Blade.

Has anyone tried this on the Viewpad 7 (or clones) ?

Thanks

Gavin

I brought a Viewpad 7 a couple of weeks ago and I am happy with it overall.

I knew about the flash problems with this tab but was not worried about this.

It is handy to have the iPlayer for the odd occasions so I did try a couple of downloads to see if it will work like the Blade does.

I am afraid to say but the answer is no it does not; I tried bbc.iplayer.andriod-1.0.4.apk and the Abode Flash apk’s. They download with no problems and go through the install procedure but at the end of the process it say’s something like “app did not install”. I tried the direct link from the BBC iPlayer and I get a message saying “device not compatible”.

That said it does play the video within the Sky News app and YouTube video's without any problems.

BTW my V7 is straight out of the box with no upgrades.

• 6 months later...