Tutorial - Get your MAC Address if you already unlocked - NOW UP!

Guest tilal6991

Guest anfield786

Well what did you install after unlocking? Have you installed clockwork mod.

No didnt install clockwork Mod. After unlocking I followed instructions to download QPST and Hex editor.

Guest tilal6991

No didnt install clockwork Mod. After unlocking I followed instructions to download QPST and Hex editor.

Ah ok. I would recommended installing clockwork mod and flashing a custom ROM. Bluemonte and cm7 are the best in my opinion.

Guest anfield786

Ah ok. I would recommended installing clockwork mod and flashing a custom ROM. Bluemonte and cm7 are the best in my opinion.

Thank you very much for all your help. Will flash one of the roms you suggest. Will let you know how I get on although will probably do it tomorrow.

Many Thanks

Guest fsmartins84

I have finally managed to reboot my phone but now I am getting stuck in qspt while trying to do the backup. As soon as I click start button it seems like the computer stops recognizing there is a phone connected to the port and get error "Disk Error while writing to file". The phone starts blinking with green adroid....

Any clue?!

Edited by fsmartins84

Guest sanjay397

i get no ports active too

Open "QPST Configuration" by Start>All Proggrams>QPST>QPST Configuration

- A. Select "Add New Port"

- B. Input whatever port your phone is connected to (eg. "COM5" as mine was, without the quotes) in both the port, and label boxes.

- C. DESELECT The "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic Ports only"

- D. Click OK

Then only use XV132 HEX editor. Other editor not working for me.

Guest 0mniknightz

is there any tutorial for flashing stock orange monte rom or other new rom? btw i didnt install clockworkmod yet because i dont know what is tat. all i got from other thread is wipe data and recovery flashing and thing, but i had no idea how to do it. :blink:

Guest wrtease

top tip if you forgot your mac address .

if you have another phone connect to wifi and write down the mac address.worked for me.

Edited by wrtease

Guest xiaoyaoswim

top tip if you forgot your mac address .

if you have another phone connect to wifi and write down the mac address.worked for me.

You could use any random MAC address provided that it is not a same one as other device connected in the same LAN.

Guest wrtease

yes you could i agree ,but if the user want to find it on another mobile he could write it down and edit it later.and also do the hex editer with his own .if they choose.

Guest fsmartins84

Hi All,

I have my OMC unlocked and I am now trying to solve the MAC address issue. I am getting stucked when using QPST.

First I run QPST configuration to add the port which has a phone connected. Then I go to the QPST Programme Download and the port is already selected with the attached phone recognized but as soon as I click start to create the backup the recognized phone simply disappears and the place where previously there was the phone gets "No Phone Connected".

I being unable to solve this... Can you help me please?

Thanks

Guest tilal6991
Hi All,

I have my OMC unlocked and I am now trying to solve the MAC address issue. I am getting stucked when using QPST.

First I run QPST configuration to add the port which has a phone connected. Then I go to the QPST Programme Download and the port is already selected with the attached phone recognized but as soon as I click start to create the backup the recognized phone simply disappears and the place where previously there was the phone gets "No Phone Connected".

Thanks

Have you tried changing USB cable.

Hi All,

Thanks

try putting the battery back in once your in FTM, gave me some trouble until i did this... not sure if its already in the the guide..

Edited by tillaz

Guest fsmartins84

thats what i was just thinking a bad usb cable.hopefully they have another usb cable.

I have just tried with a new USB cable but unfortunately got the same problem...

After clicking start I get the "No Phone Connected" in the place where previously was the recognized phone. As for the phone, it starts blinking with the green android....

Guest fsmartins84

try putting the battery back in once your in FTM, gave me some trouble until i did this... not sure if its all ready in the the guide..

It worked!!

Thanks a lot for the help :)

Guest tilal6991

Does it matter if the mac address is gone it still works ok as far as i can see,Is there some reason we have to have it.

Not really but it's better if you do

Guest mattl13

everytime i open up the software download thing it says there is no phone connected, and also i didnt write down the MAC code, im such an idiot, i still dont understand much of this D: please some one help, im not a tech wiz like everyone on here seems to be

Guest wrtease

well their is two ways either copy the text files that have nv items done and paste them in the etc folder under system or you can try the other method when you feel more confident.the choice is yours.

Guest anfield786

Any idiots guides for newbies on how to install clockwork mod and flashing a custom ROM?

Also do i need to root the phone? currently running android version 2.3.5

Sorry for being a pain but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest tilal6991

Any idiots guides for newbies on how to install clockwork mod and flashing a custom ROM?

Also do i need to root the phone? currently running android version 2.3.5

Sorry for being a pain but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look at the pinned thread.

Guest wrtease

tilal ive just sent him a pm with the guide for superboot,clockwork,and rom to read ,so hopefully he will be sorting it out .

did not want to clogg up thread.

Edited by wrtease