Tutorial - Get your MAC Address if you already unlocked - NOW UP!

Guest tilal6991

Guest King Mustard

<snip>

You need to have stock recovery at the start of this tutorial. You can do it in the same way as you unlocked

1. You should already have QPST installed
  2. Download a Hex Editor for Windows - anyone is fine - Google "Hex Editor" and install it
  3. Put your phone into FTM mode - the same way as for unlocking
  4. Go to your start menu, QPST and then run Software Download
  5. Go to "Backup" tab and backup your nvitems
  6. Open your hex editor and open the *.qcn file that you saved with QPST
  7. Search for "11 22 33 44 55 66" with your hex editor
  8. Replace this with the MAC address you wrote down when you unlocked.
  9. Save the file
  10. Go back to "Software Download" and go to restore and choose to restore the saved *.qcn

You now have sorted the MAC address problem!

<snip>

I am trying to follow that guide.

I get to 5. and on the Backup tab, I have No Active Ports.

EDIT: I went into "QPST Configuration" and added new port in the Ports tab. Then the Software Download app found it :)

Edited by King Mustard

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wellibob

Im unable to get the zte monte carlo in FTM mode (keeps booting into clockwork mode) after i unlocked the device. I have the mac address problem and cant fix it without FTM mode it seems. Can anyone advise. Many thanks 

Edited by wellibob

Guest Atomix86
 Im unable to get the zte monte carlo in FTM mode (keeps booting into clockwork mode) after i unlocked the device. I have the mac address problem and cant fix it without FTM mode it seems. Can anyone advise. Many thanks 

Clockworkmod replaces the stock recovery which has ftm mode, you will need to re flash stock recovery to enable it.

Guest TouchyAndalou

Hello,

I'm having a problem with QPST and would appreciate any help. I have 2 OMC's and neither of them are recognised. Even when I add new port in configuration, they still don't show up. I had some problems rooting my second phone, and one of the steps I had to take to get it working was to use USBDeview to remove any drivers related to the phone (and may have removed something else?)

I connected my Blade and that shows up in QPST fine. And in device manager under ports, the Blade has two extra entries that my OMC's don't:

1) ZTE Handset Diognoistic Interface (COM27)

2) ZTE Handset NMEA Device (COM29)

They must be what I removed when I was messing about with USBDeview.

If anybody has any ideas on how to get my OMC's recognised, I'll be your bestest friend forever! Thanks.

I have a problem which anyone else doesn't :)

Bought Skate four days ago in Serbia, so it is not Orange :). I have ZTE Racer for almost a year with cm7 so I'm not beginner but this phone is new to me. OK, so I didn't wrote MAC at the first place, phone was working fine, I applied CWM, it went fine. My idea was to leave original 2.3.5, just to root it and add sd-ext. It also went fine. Then I tried WiFi and find out it always returns error.

No problem, went through this thread, removed CWM, got FTM, went through all Qualcomm related stuff and there is no 11 22 ... inside file. Put back CWM and decide to change 4319 files by hand. It seems this one has two files 4319 and 4329. So, I edited both. MAC address I put is "valid", I set one from some custom devices from my job (there is no way those two will met ;)), rebooted (several times), check files and they are edited properly but WiFi still doesn't work. Than I looked at logcat and found something interesting: WiFi module refuse to load with arguments /etc/fm-4330.bin /etc/fm-4330.txt? I don't have phone right now so I'm not sure is it "fm-" but what matters is 4330? How come it is not 4319? Don't have any 4330 files.

Anyone having ideas?

Guest arsenalec

I have a problem which anyone else doesn't :)

Bought Skate four days ago in Serbia, so it is not Orange :). I have ZTE Racer for almost a year with cm7 so I'm not beginner but this phone is new to me. OK, so I didn't wrote MAC at the first place, phone was working fine, I applied CWM, it went fine. My idea was to leave original 2.3.5, just to root it and add sd-ext. It also went fine. Then I tried WiFi and find out it always returns error.

No problem, went through this thread, removed CWM, got FTM, went through all Qualcomm related stuff and there is no 11 22 ... inside file. Put back CWM and decide to change 4319 files by hand. It seems this one has two files 4319 and 4329. So, I edited both. MAC address I put is "valid", I set one from some custom devices from my job (there is no way those two will met ;)), rebooted (several times), check files and they are edited properly but WiFi still doesn't work. Than I looked at logcat and found something interesting: WiFi module refuse to load with arguments /etc/fm-4330.bin /etc/fm-4330.txt? I don't have phone right now so I'm not sure is it "fm-" but what matters is 4330? How come it is not 4319? Don't have any 4330 files.

Anyone having ideas?

Hi, I have same issue, and I did everything and nothing helped, even changing 4319 file with random mac, then I saw line #macaddr=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx in file 4319 and just add this address on main macaddress line, did same with 4329 file and this help me, now wifi work great.

Edited by arsenalec

Hi, I have same issue, and I did everything and nothing helped, even changing 4319 file with random mac, then I saw line #macaddr=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx in file 4319 and just add this address on main macaddress line, did same with 4329 file and this help me, now wifi work great.

Thanks for the idea, maybe I'll test it once. In the mean time, I put CM7 instead of original (since there were no replays to my question) and my wife (real phone user) seems to be very satisfied with it, so we'll stick with it for now. In fact, one thing she is complaining (and how she figured out ROM has been changed ;)) is Dialer application which has groups in original ROM. Anyway, thanks for answering.

Where can I download the stock recovery? - Solved

What if I havent written down my Wifi address before unlocking my device? How to check if the current wifi address is ok?

Edited by SlavZ

Still can't get wifi on my TMV. Mac address shows 11 22 33 44 55 66. I kept the old mc adress but cant see the 11 22 33 44 55 66 in the hex editor.Each time I open hex and go to find, it says no strings found (either text or hex. When I looked at a youtube video the 11 etc was shown horizontally across the cells. I cannot find any run starting with 11 and have gone top to bottom (takes a very long time!!)

Originally I thought I backed up the qpst file, but now I find I have 2 in the 'bin' folder, numbered 0 and 1. When phone is connected via usb and debugging etc, neither show an 11 sequence when I open up the hex editor. i went from FTM to qpst found the phone in software download and came up with these two files. If they are both, or either in the qpst, why cant I see my original or 11 22 33 44 55 66 address appearing anywhere in the hex files?

Phone is unlocked, with plain vanilla version and I get 3g but wifi shows a message:Your phone dosent write mac address, please confirm.....(if only)!....still happy with phone but getting completely out of my depth now.

VS5

Still can't get wifi on my TMV. Mac address shows 11 22 33 44 55 66. I kept the old mc adress but cant see the 11 22 33 44 55 66 in the hex editor.Each time I open hex and go to find, it says no strings found (either text or hex. When I looked at a youtube video the 11 etc was shown horizontally across the cells. I cannot find any run starting with 11 and have gone top to bottom (takes a very long time!!)

Originally I thought I backed up the qpst file, but now I find I have 2 in the 'bin' folder, numbered 0 and 1. When phone is connected via usb and debugging etc, neither show an 11 sequence when I open up the hex editor. i went from FTM to qpst found the phone in software download and came up with these two files. If they are both, or either in the qpst, why cant I see my original or 11 22 33 44 55 66 address appearing anywhere in the hex files?

Phone is unlocked, with plain vanilla version and I get 3g but wifi shows a message:Your phone dosent write mac address, please confirm.....(if only)!....still happy with phone but getting completely out of my depth now.

Just noticed an earlier post concerning 11 22 33 44 55 66 not showing up. They are talking about a 4319 and 4329 text file. Where are these files located? Are they in QPST or bin? And what do you alter or substitute them with?

All help appreciated. Sorry about not knowing these terms

VS5

VS5

Guest Dovbush

What if I havent written down my Wifi address before unlocking my device?

Can anyone help please with any answer to the question posed above.

If not, the topic, at least, is named incorrectly.

Guest Dovbush

What if I havent written down my Wifi address before unlocking my device?

Edited by Dovbush

See the link posted below and look at post 278. I altered my mac by changing the nv files as described in the post. It was a Vivacity not an SF2, but if you go to the nv files yoou should be able to use the mac address that shows (as any mac address seems to work for me, not just your original one). Just duplicate and replace the line below which starts 11 22 33 etc. Hope this helps, dont forget to back up in case this does not work for you.

http://android.modaco.com/topic/349128-how-to-rooting-unlocking-and-de-branding-your-zte-crescent-updated-now-complete/page__st__260

VS5

Guest Dovbush

See the link posted below and look at post 278. I altered my mac by changing the nv files as described in the post. It was a Vivacity not an SF2, but if you go to the nv files yoou should be able to use the mac address that shows (as any mac address seems to work for me, not just your original one). Just duplicate and replace the line below which starts 11 22 33 etc. Hope this helps, dont forget to back up in case this does not work for you.

http://android.modac...e/page__st__260

VS5

http://android.modac...e/page__st__260

VS5

do you know of a way to fix it without the .qcn or original MAC? Sorry this is my first post but really stuck

Thanks

do you know of a way to fix it without the .qcn or original MAC? Sorry this is my first post but really stuck

Thanks

Changing the nv files IS a way of making a macaddress show on your phone. It will not be the original one that you cannot find now, but the one that is Generated within these files will do the trick. The only time you will need the original mac is if you want to change roms etc in the future. (But then you can just change the nv files each time, it is not time consuming). If you really must have the original by using a hex editor etc you will need someone more experienced to help, as I am a newbie too. All I can say is that when I used several hex editors my original address did not show, neither did the 11 22 33 44 55 66.

Therefore this seemed the only option open to me that I could find. The new address that you find in the nv files will be the one to keep, just replace the one underneath starting with 11 with this new one. This is just one method I found within Modaco, there may be others.

Regards

Changing the nv files IS a way of making a macaddress show on your phone. It will not be the original one that you cannot find now, but the one that is Generated within these files will do the trick. The only time you will need the original mac is if you want to change roms etc in the future. (But then you can just change the nv files each time, it is not time consuming). If you really must have the original by using a hex editor etc you will need someone more experienced to help, as I am a newbie too. All I can say is that when I used several hex editors my original address did not show, neither did the 11 22 33 44 55 66.

Therefore this seemed the only option open to me that I could find. The new address that you find in the nv files will be the one to keep, just replace the one underneath starting with 11 with this new one. This is just one method I found within Modaco, there may be others.

Regards

Thanks for your help. It's showing a MAC address in the settings, But giving me the error message

"Your phone doesn't write MAC address, Please Confirm!"

same as this guy

I can't access any Wifi. I could be standing next to the router and it will say it's not in range, scan pick it up and the disconnect. I attributed this to this problem but if I have a mac address show already, is this something else? would a fresh flash fix it?

How to get your mac address back after rooting even if u did not wright it down before rooting and u don't need to hook up to pc right step 1 go on market search and look for (es file explorer) install open and go to settings grant it root access and grant wright data then still in settings set home directory as (/) right go out of settings and go to (/system/etc/nv_4319.txt) open with es note editor scroll down until u find #macaddr=(your mac address) and underneath that is macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66 change this to your mac address exit save and that's it

How to get your mac address back after rooting even if u did not wright it down before rooting and u don't need to hook up to pc right step 1 go on market search and look for (es file explorer) install open and go to settings grant it root access and grant wright data then still in settings set home directory as (/) right go out of settings and go to (/system/etc/nv_4319.txt) open with es note editor scroll down until u find #macaddr=(your mac address) and underneath that is macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66 change this to your mac address exit save and that's it

Thanks for your help. It's showing a MAC address in the settings, But giving me the error message

"Your phone doesn't write MAC address, Please Confirm!"

same as this guy

I can't access any Wifi. I could be standing next to the router and it will say it's not in range, scan pick it up and the disconnect. I attributed this to this problem but if I have a mac address show already, is this something else? would a fresh flash fix it?

My phone still says

"Your phone doesn't write MAC address, Please Confirm!" but I can always get wifi. Several other people have reported the same error but can get a connection. The popup is annoying, but I havn’t found a way to disable it yet.

I noticed that my pc security settings were different from the phone, so altered these to be the same, just a thought. Your apn names in Settings need to be same as the new sim card that you have put in and the Network Operators also has to show same, or select automatically. (You will know this already but worth double checking!). I just checked my nv files again and noticed that I deleted the # on my addresses, don’t know if it makes a scrap of difference. Other than that I don’t know much about routers etc as I use a dongle which seems to recognise the phone most places. Best of luck

VS5