ZTE Skate Stock ROMs

Guest Simon O

Guest ihateorange

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help :). I'm trying to find the stock ROM for my OMC Android 2.3.4 (I bought from Argos a few days ago). The build number (taken from settings > about Phone) is OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05. Does this build ID refer to the ro.build.software_version or the ro.build.sw_internal_version, in other words is the file quoted below the correct ROM for my OMC or is it not available?

Thanks

OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18

http://www.multiupload.com/1ULAPBZDCS

ro.build.version.release=2.3.4

ro.build.date=Wed Aug 31 17:09:24 CST 2011

ro.product.model=Orange Monte Carlo

ro.build.software_version=OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05

ro.build.sw_internal_version=OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18

ro.product.locale.language=en

ro.product.locale.region=GB

Edited by ihateorange

Guest hotshot147

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help :). I'm trying to find the stock ROM for my OMC Android 2.3.4 (I bought from Argos a few days ago). The build number (taken from settings > about Phone) is OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05. Does this build ID refer to the ro.build.software_version or the ro.build.sw_internal_version, in other words is the file quoted below the correct ROM for my OMC or is it not available?

Thanks

I have the same build as you, also just bought from argos and would like to know if a copy of the rom is available yet.

Guest ihateorange

I have the same build as you, also just bought from argos and would like to know if a copy of the rom is available yet.

Lets hope one of the nice people on the forum can help us biggrin.gif

Guest jojozep

What you need to do is first read the unlocking tutorial posted by tilal6991 in this very forum. After you read through and understand the process, install what is necessary and follow it step by step; you'll have the phone unlocked in no time.

After doing this you will need to boot the phone into ftm mode (which is described in this topic), and using the uploaddd offline zte flasher, install the 2.3.5 stock rom. That rom however will not be rooted until you run johnny hungs superboot for 2.3.5 found in the superboot thread. Alternatively (and what I personally recommend), you could flashable custom rom such as atomic, which is not only perfectly stable (based on the official 2.3.5 zte rom), it is also pre rooted and has several performance enhancements.

I know it's a lot to take in and is very daunting, but the key is to read up as much as you can and not rush into it, let me know if at any point you need help with a particular section.

Going back to my Post #44:

I've managed to Unlock the Orange MC. What I want to do now is install the ZTE SKATE STOCK ROM (at least for now). I've seen the ZTE SKATE STOCK ROM available as a ZIP file.

1. Can I install the ZTE SKATE STOCK ROM over the Orange MC ROM using the FTM and the ZTE Offline Flasher ? or will the ZTE Flasher only accept updating/replacing the same 'type' of ROM eg. will only update OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 or higher version of same (ie. OUK) ?

2. If the ZTE STOCK ROM can replace the Orange MC ROM do I need to root or can I use as ?

Thanks in advance.

Guest SimonDeBacker

hello everyone,

I have a P4310 MEDION LIFE

ro.build.version.release=2.3.5

ro.build.date=???

ro.product.model=MEDION LIFE P4310

ro.build.software_version=>>

ro.build.sw_internal_version=>>

(Smalbandverrsie)= GB_BEL_MEDION_P743B01

(Build-nummer)=  GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B04 

ro.product.locale.language=???

ro.product.locale.region=???

can I get stock ROM of "P4310 MEDION LIFE" or download it from the GSM note:

"download it from the GSM"

it is possible to use "ADB" on a stock ROM

or

do i need  to  have the phone unlocked and install clockworkmodmod?

it is to have a backup.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Wacky.ddw

We allready have a full dump of a MEDION P4310 so it is safe to just install clockworkmod and change your ROM.

If you flash clockworkmod recovery and make a backup, you can allways restore to that backup and flash the recovery partition from the stock package trough ADB.

The MEDION P4310 dump is in the MEDION P4310 topic :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest jojozep

It there a dest-10.ini in OPT_P743TV1.0.0B09.zip? If so dId you put it inside the files folder of the FTM Flash Tools?

As we expected to reflash by FTM flasher will cause the loss of MAC again, so you need to restore the modified QCN gain, mate.

I would like to load the Stock ROM GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip onto my Orange MC. Can this be done using ClockWork OR FTM ?

You mention 'you need to restore the modified QCN again' - Are there any instructions on eg. loading a stock GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip onto Orange MC ? - I am totally confused.

Guest bloomsan

The GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip needs to be installed using the FTM flash tool . If you use this method make sure to write down your mac address as it will probably revert to 11 22 33 etc. Then you'll have to make a back up using the Qualcomm software downloader edit it with a hex editor etc see pinned topics and the excellent tutorials that cover all these issues.GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip can be installed via clockworkmod and is virtually identical apart from a different bootscreen and it has facebook pre-installed. Again any issues make sure you read the tutorials thoroughly.

Guest jojozep
The GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip needs to be installed using the FTM flash tool . If you use this method make sure to write down your mac address as it will probably revert to 11 22 33 etc. Then you'll have to make a back up using the Qualcomm software downloader edit it with a hex editor etc see pinned topics and the excellent tutorials that cover all these issues.GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip can be installed via clockworkmod and is virtually identical apart from a different bootscreen and it has facebook pre-installed. Again any issues make sure you read the tutorials thoroughly.

Thanks so much bloomsan. I've been trying to load my OMC with GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B0x.zip (did not realise that there are 2 versions ! and that some can be done by CW and others by FTM).

From what you say GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip can be installed by Clockwork (with NO MAC address problems) and B04 must be installed by FTM (giving MAC address problems).

Where can I find/download GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip (looked in this thread and could only find B04).

Also refer to Post #45 by xiaoyaoswim (26dec11) - To run the FTM flash tool will cause loss of your NVitems. So if you want flash stock ROMs by the FTM flasher, you will have to back up a qcn file by QPST beforehand and then restore it after using FTM flasher.

I've been trying to load my OMC with a Stock ROM for a few weeks and after Unlocking OMC have spent my time sifting through the miles of posts that lead me from one place to another. Hopefully the issue of using FTM/Clockwork is settled. Do you have any more tips for my endeavour.

PS: Noticed that the contents of some Stock ROM ZIP files contain different number of files er. 3 or 16 files. Does this give an indication how they can be used eg. by CW of by FTM ?

3x - boot.img, recovery.img, system.img

16x - boot.img, recovery.img, system.img, amss.mbn, amsshd.mbn, appsboot.mbn, appsboothd.mbn, cefs.mbn, dest-10.ini, oemsbl.mbn, oemsblhd.mbn, partition.mbn, partition_zte.mbn, qcsbl.mbn, qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn, recovery.img, splash.img

PPS: If you install CW do you loose FTM and if so can you get back FTM ?

Thanks a million.

Edited by jojozep

Guest bloomsan

You can download it from here : http://www1422.megaupload.com/files/2324f69dd2dfeea378c80aa7385d3b17/ZTE%20SKATE%20GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip Remember you will have to install clockworkmod first as per tutorial. Remember to follow Wacky.ddw's excellent tutorial here : Copy rom onto your sdcard . Basically install clockworkmod as per tutorial boot into clockworkmod, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, advanced > wipe dalvik cache, install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard and reboot. Please read the tutorial thoroughly.

Guest bloomsan

The zip contains 2 folders META-INF,system & boot.img and recovery.img. Looking at some of the Roms on my computer all the ones flashable by CWM seem to have this structure. You do lose FTM mode when you install CWM and have to install or re-install the stockrom from scratch.

Guest jojozep

@bloomsan

Just wanted to let you know that by your clear advice/instructions I managed to load GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip using ClockWorkMod to my OMC - and its working great.

The only surprise was that when installing ClockWork I was asked to install android_winusb.inf (remember if using XP then XP version) and winusbcoinstaller2.dll - even though these were previously installed when unlocking.

Thanks again bloomsan.

Guest bloomsan

@bloomsan

Just wanted to let you know that by your clear advice/instructions I managed to load GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip using ClockWorkMod to my OMC - and its working great.

The only surprise was that when installing ClockWork I was asked to install android_winusb.inf (remember if using XP then XP version) and winusbcoinstaller2.dll - even though these were previously installed when unlocking.

Thanks again bloomsan.

Yeah seems to be some issues with XP and drivers I use Windows 7 and everything goes pretty well. Anyway you are now free of Orange, glad to have helped.

Guest abZZolut

Hi! I need advice help... I have an original ZTE Skate on Generic P743V1.0.0B19. I am sick and tired of low speed, crashing quits and reboots... :( Originally there was B15 and it was much worse... I have no opportunity of getting a PC (i'm on a trip now, so i have no CWM root) i flashed it by a bin file. I need a lot a stable, quick, w/o additional software ROM by a single bin file. Please, please someone help me to get happiness... ;)