ZTE Skate Stock ROMs

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

All the links are down to do Multiupload. I no longer have the original files myself, sorry.

Thanks to hecatae, various stock ROMs for the ZTE Skate for use with the Offline Updater exe, or extract the images and make your own custom ROM.

These are full updates and contain additional files such as amss.mbn, cefs.mbn, oemsbl.mbn, qcsbl.mbn etc. If you know what these mean, great. If not then you need to read more.

These are direct from the ZTE updater and are the only Blade ROMs currently available for download. Please don't ask for any ROMs not on this list. They aren't in the list because ZTE have not added them to the updater.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOUR PHONE BREAKS THEN YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

GB_CURETAIL_P743V1.0.0B10

Link down

ro.build.version.release=2.3.5
ro.build.date=Wed Oct 19 05:40:18 HKT 2011
ro.product.model=ZTE-U V960
ro.build.software_version=GB_CU_P743V1.0.0B01
ro.build.sw_internal_version=GB_CURETAIL_P743V1.0.0B10
ro.product.locale.language=zh
ro.product.locale.region=CN[/code] [b]GB_P743FV1.0.0B05[/b] [color=#0000FF][size=5]Link down[/size][/color]
[code]ro.build.version.release=2.3.4
ro.build.date=Wed Jul 20 05:48:38 CST 2011
ro.product.model=Android edition by sfr STARADDICT
ro.build.software_version=GB_P743FV1.0.0B03
ro.build.sw_internal_version=GB_P743FV1.0.0B05
ro.product.locale.language=fr
ro.product.locale.region=FR
GB_P743FV1.0.0B07 Link down
ro.build.date=Fri Sep 16 05:02:30 CST 2011
ro.product.model=Android edition by sfr STARADDICT
ro.build.software_version=GB_P743FV1.0.0B04
ro.build.sw_internal_version=GB_P743FV1.0.0B07
ro.product.locale.language=fr
ro.product.locale.region=FR[/code] [b]GB_TME_P743V1.0.0B07[/b] [color=#0000FF][size=5]Link down[/size][/color]
[code]ro.build.version.release=2.3.5
ro.build.date=Thu Sep 15 08:22:39 CST 2011
ro.product.model=ZTE Skate
ro.build.software_version=GB_TME_P743V1.0.0B04
ro.build.sw_internal_version=GB_TME_P743V1.0.0B07
ro.product.locale.language=es
ro.product.locale.region=ES
GB_VIVO_P743V1.0.0B06 Link down
ro.build.version.release=2.3.4
ro.build.date=Mon Sep 12 01:18:59 HKT 2011
ro.product.model=ZTE V960
ro.build.software_version=GB_VIVO_P743V1.0.0B01
ro.build.sw_internal_version=GB_VIVO_P743V1.0.0B06
ro.product.locale.language=pt
ro.product.locale.region=BR[/code] [b]OAT_P743TV1.0.0B12[/b] [color=#0000FF][size=5]Link down[/size][/color]
ro.build.date=Wed Oct 19 22:13:47 CST 2011
ro.product.model=Orange Monte Carlo
ro.build.software_version=OPT_P743TV1.0.0B06
ro.build.sw_internal_version=OPT_P743TV1.0.0B12
ro.product.locale.language=de
ro.product.locale.region=AT
OPT_P743TV1.0.0B09 Link down
ro.build.date=Tue Oct 18 01:07:57 CST 2011
ro.product.model=Optimus Monte Carlo
ro.build.software_version=OPT_P743TV1.0.0B03
ro.build.sw_internal_version=OPT_P743TV1.0.0B09
ro.product.locale.region=PT[/code] [b]OSP_P743TV1.0.0B05[/b] [color=#0000FF][size=5]Link down[/size][/color]
ro.build.date=Fri Oct 21 14:29:13 CST 2011
ro.build.software_version=OSP_P743TV1.0.0B02
ro.build.sw_internal_version=OSP_P743TV1.0.0B05
ro.product.locale.language=es
ro.product.locale.region=ES
OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18 http://www.multiupload.com/1ULAPBZDCS
ro.build.version.release=2.3.4
ro.build.date=Wed Aug 31 17:09:24 CST 2011
ro.build.software_version=OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05
ro.build.sw_internal_version=OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=GB[/code] [b]TMO_AUT_P743TV1.0.0B08[/b] [color=#0000FF][size=5]Link down[/size][/color]
ro.build.date=Wed Oct 19 06:28:29 HKT 2011
ro.product.model=ZTE-SKATE
ro.build.software_version=TMO_AUT_P743TV1.0.0B02
ro.build.sw_internal_version=TMO_AUT_P743TV1.0.0B08
ro.product.locale.language=de
ro.product.locale.region=AT

Guest painkiller_93

How I can install those roms? online updater only installs the montecarlo rom for me and doesn't allow to select another one

maybe recovery->install update.zip? or restore as cwm backup?

Guest tilal6991

maybe recovery->install update.zip? or restore as cwm backup?

I think you put the image.bin in a folder called image in the root of the SD card. And as you power on press a key combo. Not sure which - search on the fourum

Guest painkiller_93

I think you put the image.bin in a folder called image in the root of the SD card. And as you power on press a key combo. Not sure which - search on the fourum

there isn't a image.bin, the zip is just full of img and mbn files, maybe I have to use this tool http://android.modac...ratorextractor/ to generate an image.bin and then put it in [sD_card]/image/image.bin and use the firmware updater from phone settings?

Use the Windows app from http://android.modac...ra-via-windows/

ah ok thanks

Edited by painkiller_93

Guest Simon O

The tool to make an image.bin should work but I don't have any way to test this. The ZTE updater exe downloads one of these zips and flashes using the same method that the 'FTM Flash Tools' exe uses.

converting to image.bin would probably be safer. Ideally I need someone to test this and report back if it works.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Thanks to flibblesan & hecatae for making such a usefull official ROM list.

In my opinion, to make a image.bin file by using the bin tool mentioned above and then to flash it by TPT is the safest and most convenient way. You can do it just in your handset, no root needed. But there is potential risk to use the FTM flasher as it might damage NVitems. You'd better backup a qcn file before playing with the FTM flasher.

Guest hecatae

The ftm flasher also changes your model name.

For example:

Here's an omc. Put it in ftm mode and connect to the zte terminal upgrade tool and it'll state it's an omc.

Now use the ftm flasher, flash a zte skate rom or the unicom rom.

Now the zte terminal upgrade believes it's a different model, and even if you apply an omc tpt the update tool still reads it as being a skate, not an omc. What ever is flashed with the ftm flasher writes something at a far lower level than tpt or the terminal upgrade tool.

This could cause warranty issues as if zte rolls the terminal upgrade tool out to repair centres and you send a omc that has been flashed with the ftm flasher and now believes its a skate, when they reload the same firmware as suggested by the tool they could end up putting unicom firmware or worse on it.

Hope the above makes sense. My osf is currently recognised by the terminal upgrade tool as a sfr startrail as i used the ftm flasher to put libra firmware on my blade. If i reload the same firmware as suggested i get a sfr rom installed

Guest hecatae

The model description changes happen on the build.prop, or am I wrong?

sorry you are wrong.

ok

here's an omc from orange uk with an orange uk rom

i use the ftm flasher and install GB_CURETAIL_P743V1.0.0B10

I then install OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18 via tpt

the build.prop will state Orange Monte Carlo

but if you booted it in ftm mode and connected it to the zte terminal upgrade tool it would state it's a ZTE-U V960 on the terminal tool,

and to make things worse the terminal tool would offer to reload the V960 firmware on to your omc.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

sorry you are wrong.

ok

here's an omc from orange uk with an orange uk rom

i use the ftm flasher and install GB_CURETAIL_P743V1.0.0B10

I then install OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18 via tpt

the build.prop will state Orange Monte Carlo

but if you booted it in ftm mode and connected it to the zte terminal upgrade tool it would state it's a ZTE-U V960 on the terminal tool,

and to make things worse the terminal tool would offer to reload the V960 firmware on to your omc.

I totally agree that "the ftm flasher writes something at a far lower level ". Since it will change the model name, we could get the Orange model back by flash a Orange ROM.

I have tried to flash a Chinese V960 ROM into OMC, and it works fine. In fact the CURETAIL one is a V960 frimware. As far as I know, the ROMs of OMC, V960, TWM T3, and maybe even other variants of ZTE Skate are all compatible. The cases are different for Blade and Skate.

Edited by xiaoyaoswim

Guest hecatae

I totally agree that "the ftm flasher writes something at a far lower level ". Since it will change the model name, we could get the Orange model back by flash a Orange ROM.

I have tried to flash a Chinese V960 ROM into OMC, and it works fine. In fact the CURETAIL one is a V960 frimware. As far as I know, the ROMs of OMC, V960, TWM T3, and maybe even other variants of ZTE Skate are all compatible. The cases are different for Blade and Skate.

Glad you agree that if you flash by ftm flasher you would have to flash back by ftm flasher

Guest unrandomsam

I assumed that CURETAIL stands for Clove UK Retail - Can you upload the chinese rom don't think we have it here. (Other thing that doesn't make sense is the chinese blade is the only device which uses a different cefs.mbn not sure why that wouldn't be the case for the skate as china still needs 850mhz 2G afaik).

Guest trueno2k

All these different TPT roms available making me all confused and cross eyed :P Can anyone kindly point me to the correct 2.3.5 roms I will need and can use for UK OMC's please?!... Thanks a bunch ^_^

OPT_P743TV1.0.0B09

http://www.multiupload.com/YC8UN8AD77

ro.product.locale.region=PT

I have just flashed this with FTM Flash Tools and didn't get sim lock.

P.S.: Now I get the annoying message: "Your phone doesn't write MAC Address..."

Edited by D3abL3

Guest xiaoyaoswim

OPT_P743TV1.0.0B09

http://www.multiupload.com/YC8UN8AD77

ro.product.locale.region=PT

I have just flashed this with FTM Flash Tools and didn't get sim lock.

P.S.: Now I get the annoying message: "Your phone doesn't write MAC Address..."

It there a dest-10.ini in OPT_P743TV1.0.0B09.zip? If so dId you put it inside the files folder of the FTM Flash Tools?

As we expected to reflash by FTM flasher will cause the loss of MAC again, so you need to restore the modified QCN gain, mate.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I assumed that CURETAIL stands for Clove UK Retail - Can you upload the chinese rom don't think we have it here. (Other thing that doesn't make sense is the chinese blade is the only device which uses a different cefs.mbn not sure why that wouldn't be the case for the skate as china still needs 850mhz 2G afaik).

I don't think CURETAIL stands for Clove UK Retail. It is clearly stated in build.prop:

ro.product.model=ZTE-U V960

ro.product.name=P743CU

ro.product.device=skate

ro.product.locale.language=zh

ro.product.locale.region=CN

The official rom for Chinese V960 I got is very similar to this one, just a little difference in the build date.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

All these different TPT roms available making me all confused and cross eyed :P Can anyone kindly point me to the correct 2.3.5 roms I will need and can use for UK OMC's please?!... Thanks a bunch ^_^

As D3abL3 pointed out, OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18 is for OMC but it is 2.3.4. You might be able to use other ones on your OMC (I only tried the V960 one myself), but the default language and preloaded apps are different and that depends on the "locale.region" it is designed for.

Guest painkiller_93

It there a dest-10.ini in OPT_P743TV1.0.0B09.zip? If so dId you put it inside the files folder of the FTM Flash Tools?

As we expected to reflash by FTM flasher will cause the loss of MAC again, so you need to restore the modified QCN gain, mate.

when I flashed my original movistar spain rom using FTM I didn't have any problem with MAC address