IPv6 support - broken or switched off?

Guest raorn

Hi,

I am having problems with IPv6 on Liquid MT. First of all I have to say that I know that I am doing, and everything works on Acer Liquid Mini.

I have dual-stack OpenWRT-based router, that announces IPv6 prefix via radvd. Several linux boxes and wife's Liquid Mini smartphone works fine with this, but not my Liquid MT. I am using rooted 4.000.13.EMEA.GEN1 firmware with stock kernel.

My device seems to ignore IPv6 multicast (L2-multicasts) packets, such as router advertisements and neighbor solicitation requests.

Setting MULTICAST flag on wlan0 interface does not help. Setting PROMISC flag (by running tcpdump -ni wlan0 during wifi startup) on wlan0 interfase DOES help. So, my guess is that ar6000 driver ignores L2-multicasts from IPv6 (dst mac 33:33:xx:xx:xx:xx). I've googled a bit and found this patch, look at ar6000/wmi/wmi.c changes at the end of the patch.

I don't have skills to build kernel myself, but I have balls to test someone else's builds. Are there kernel hackers, who interested in solving this mystery?