[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest plegdroid
If you are referring to the 11/05 build that C3C0 released, there is one problem I just came across with it, and that is with Superuser failing to update the su binary!... Everything goes okay until Superuser tries to copy the new binaries to system of which just fails, so perfect, no!... Good enough most probably...

As Lalit's last build 10/05 has this working + I've modded it to my likings such as app2sd working out of the box which can use simple2ext app and the camera preview working however still has the split screen bug in it ( but that doesn't bother me ), I'll be using that until Lalit provides us with the newest build with camera preview & video recording hopefully perfectly working, then I'll do my little modifications again to get it working on my 170MB system partition...

2pence... :P

not sure why su would need updating as it shipped with the latest version. :)

post-910238-133690210832_thumb.jpg

Guest trueno2k
not sure why su would need updating as it shipped with the latest version. :)
It's no biggy really... I just like having Superuser grant root to Superuser :P, just my pedantic way of keeping things in ship shop shape... If you press the "Update anyway" button it will go on to downloading the binaries then ask you ( with a popup window ) root access, then it will update the current binaries on the system to finish off, but for 11/05 released by C3C0 fails to do this end part... I would show you but I've already gone back to my modified version of CFX 10/05 build...

@Lalit,

Take your time with the next build, better having it late with all the updates you have intended to release than to have a rushed build and forgetting to include something and having to redo it all again just for the sake of it, as they say TIME IS A VIRTUE... I'm loving the new little tweaks with this 10/05 build, just brilliant!... ;)

Guest plegdroid
It's no biggy really... I just like having Superuser grant root to Superuser :P, just my pedantic way of keeping things in ship shop shape... If you press the "Update anyway" button it will go on to downloading the binaries then ask you ( with a popup window ) root access, then it will update the current binaries on the system to finish off, but for 11/05 released by C3C0 fails to do this end part... I would show you but I've already gone back to my modified version of CFX 10/05 build

it's nice to meet someone just as ocd as myself lololol :D :)

no offense intended

Edited by plegdroid

Guest trueno2k
it's nice to meet someone just as ocd as myself lololol :D :)

no offense intended

LOL, None taken... ;)

Yeah, I hate having anything standard and not my perfection way, it just never satisfies me when comes to standardisation, it's like, gotta tweak it, gotta tweak more, gotta tweak even more... :D

Guest timfimjim

Firstly I just want to say I don't think I'll be going back to gingerbread again. This is very stable and very fast and usable. Really great work!

Does anyone use swiftkey? On this rom for as long as I can remember, whenever I type I get a select input method in notification bar. Anyone else get this / know how to get rid of it?

post-887706-0-92861000-1336912694_thumb.

Edited by timfimjim

Guest felystar
Firstly I just want to say I don't think I'll be going back to gingerbread again. This is very stable and very fast and usable. Really great work!

Does anyone use swiftkey? On this rom for as long as I can remember, whenever I type I get a select input method in notification bar. Anyone else get this / know how to get rid of it?

It is not due to swiftx or this ROM.It is ICS feature

Guest timfimjim

It is not due to swiftx or this ROM.It is ICS feature

Fair enough. Not sure I think it's a great idea but ah well i'm sure ill get over it haha

Guest PejotA

Good morning friends ... Tillal this rom was perfect! As it happened updates has improved and is now stable. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the transition of screens is still a bit heavy and is not flat and smooth as it should .... But I believe this to be resolved with time. Congratulations for the great job ..... :-)

Guest gitly-git

A slight problem on C3CO 11-05 build, installs & boots OK. But cant get link2sd to recreate mount script. It cant find the partition.

Anyone have any ideas or come across the same thing?

Edited by gitly-git

Guest PejotA

Friend I have the same problem here .... Since I use the X Swiftkey long time and now that the little bug appeared rom ... Actually if anyone knows how to please ....

:huh::huh::huh:

Guest plegdroid

the way to get rid of it is freeze out any other keyboard, like android keyboard, go keyboard, so your only left with swift key, this will make it default keyboard, so the input method won't exist anymore, and the icon will stop.

easy reply, freeze out android keyboard :)

oh nearly forgot, reboot the phone after freezing out android keyboard.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest nathanmarck

unless he did it a day ago, I'd say no

That's what I was thinking, if he puts it there but doesn't upload a build I'll have a go at building it for everyone

It’s been a few months since I tried this ROM last and I must say the improvements are great. Well done to all involved with helping the Skate get some ICS love.

I just wanted to check on one small issue that I seem to be having. Whilst the screen always responses to touch i.e. the selected button glows blue, the phone doesn’t always DO what has been asked of it. I sometimes have to press a button 2 or 3 times to get the phone to act.

There is no pattern and it is system wide, effecting all apps and menus except the keyboard which always works fine. This happens in about 15% of all key presses. Is this just a feature of this ROM that will in time be worked out?

Despite this I think I might stick with this rom as my daily as it’s just so good. :)

Thanks Sam

Guest trueno2k

Was just googling for tweaks I can do to CFX and came across this POST on androidforums and within this post I noticed some code regarding build.prop code ( see spoiler for details ), and was wondering whether these codes would be beneficial to the Skate, much appreciate any advise and answers...

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=10

ro.ril.hep=1

ro.ril.enable.dtm=1

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10

ro.ril.enable.a53=1

ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1

ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask=4294967295

ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449

ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

Cheers ^_^

Guest whashnez

Great ROM! At last ICS stable enough for daily use. One problem though...Screen auto-brightness does not work properly. I have calibrated sensors via settings successfully but backlight does not change density according to the light source, making it hard to use under sunlight. Any suggestions?

Guest razzmataz1478

Was just googling for tweaks I can do to CFX and came across this POST on androidforums and within this post I noticed some code regarding build.prop code ( see spoiler for details ), and was wondering whether these codes would be beneficial to the Skate, much appreciate any advise and answers...

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=10

ro.ril.hep=1

ro.ril.enable.dtm=1

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10

ro.ril.enable.a53=1

ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1

ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask=4294967295

ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449

ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

Cheers ^_^

Just tried them and they don't seem to make a difference to my HSPDA speed.

Guest unomesmo

@bug SystemUI.apk?

Today, when I opened the system tray, I realized that the clock had bad the time. It kept running but with the incorrect time.

Both the other applications and in Settings> Date and time, were ok.

I had to reboot the phone.

post-952527-0-08694400-1336926512_thumb.

Guest plegdroid
@bug SystemUI.apk?

Today, when I opened the system tray, I realized that the clock had bad the time. It kept running but with the incorrect time.

Both the other applications and in Settings> Date and time, were ok.

I had to reboot the phone.

post-952527-0-08694400-1336926512_thumb.

I've had it do this on a few builds lately, no need to reboot, just reset the clock in settings/time and date

:)