[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest nathanmarck

only problems i had with the newer builds is that the S2E i got don't work is there any new S2E fix ?

Go to the market and download S2E. It's been updated for ICS and works better I think?

Guest WiiSky70

youtube and video recording works?

youtube and video recording works?

Video recording works but Youtube still lags in HQ

Guest timfimjim

i'm on ceco build do i need to do any wipe to install 13's build ?

I'd try without first. If you get any problems (force closes / strange things happening) then wipe and try again.

I would've thought it'd be ok though.

Guest trueno2k

Go to the market and download S2E. It's been updated for ICS and works better I think?

For me version 2.0.1 doesn't work... if you read my post from this link http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/352859-[MOD][iCS]Simple2SD#entry1952086 you'll see why...

If you have it working please show me how I can get it working for CFX as well?... I spent hours trying to figuring it out but to no avail and was forced to stick with version 1.2.1...

Guest nathanmarck

For me version 2.0.1 doesn't work... if you read my post from this link [iCS]Simple2SD#entry1952086]http://www.modaco.co...SD#entry1952086 you'll see why...

If you have it working please show me how I can get it working for CFX as well?... I spent hours trying to figuring it out but to no avail and was forced to stick with version 1.2.1...

Install the old one first, then update to the new one, that's what I did and it works fine

Guest droidbittin

Install the old one first, then update to the new one, that's what I did and it works fine

will try that :)

EDIT: yay it worked

Edited by droidbittin

Guest jtharmor

Used ICS after couple of months.........gotta say Lalit and C3CO have done a wonderful job on this !! Few more fixes and this is going to be my daily ROM !!

Edited by jtharmor

Guest gguedes

hi! sorry for my bad english.

Tilal, this rom is fantastic. Is almost equal at the oficial version. just missing a few small problems:

- The flash still does not work,

- The video recorder continues to lagg

- Youtube still slow in hq and lq

- Many applications have become incompatible in this version

- The default video player does not work

- Is a small reboot when i turn on my cellphone for the first time and then its ok :S

- The touch screen, works badly, I always have to carry several times the application

- The mobile phone gets very hot when i charge and when I run heavy games (nfs, deadspace, fifa)

- The batery have a little drain, or i have it damaged. (I do not know re-calibrate)

- when i go to the usb cable, the ( Ui system - stops work), i have to turn off my phone and go to cwm mode to transfer data

you think in the next version is already okay?

continues the good work: D

Guest trueno2k

I guess you didn't read my post I wrote in the link I provided... If you read it you would have realised that I was only able to partially get it working with the way you suggested... It stops working as soon as the options are changed followed by a reboot ( its gotta be something with the app not reading the partition size correctly )...

If I had to install the old one first before using this new one every time I flash a new rom then that just defeats the point of a new app replacing the old!... I read some of the follow on posts in the same topic I posted in and someone mentioned that the one on Play Store is working, but I reckon that its the same one I tried installing because that is where I first got the new update...

Can you show us some screenies of the sd-ext partition reading correctly unlike with mine please?...

Much appreciate any help!... ;)

Guest trueno2k
What will it have in it?
This is almost as worse as asking for an eta!... He will sort that out when it is released officially!... If it isn't an official release then stop bugging him and let him get on with the work and his life outside of this, I had to learn the hard way myself!...

Guest WiiSky70

Let tilal do the job he knows how to do it and he said too many times to not ask for more etas , so let's wait till tomorrow

Guest plegdroid

iam just soaking up what we've already been given, chasing new builds can lead to missing what you've already got and enjoying the fruits of a developers hard work. :)

Guest felystar
Update either today or tommorow.

Thanks Tilal for your hard work. I left ICS because of battery life even when I loved this ROM. But I would love to get into it again! How is battery life in this ROM now? And what about with C3CO kernel? Is it better?

Guest trueno2k

Thanks Tilal for your hard work. I left ICS because of battery life even when I loved this ROM. But I would love to get into it again! How is battery life in this ROM now? And what about with C3CO kernel? Is it better?

Probably another one of those questions which should be left alone!... Why not just flash it on your device and test run it yourself!... Everyone uses their phone for different things and it can be hard to judge how good the battery life is until you try it out!... Personally, all these builds seem to be on par with each other bar a few where wakelock was involved, other than that its pretty good...

2pence... :P

Guest felystar
Probably another one of those questions which should be left alone!... Why not just flash it on your device and test run it yourself!... Everyone uses their phone for different things and it can be hard to judge how good the battery life is until you try it out!... Personally, all these builds seem to be on par with each other bar a few where wakelock was involved, other than that its pretty good...

2pence... :P

I know. I asked because I am going to do a battery calibration with this ROM. And was wondering of changing to this one. Anyway I can do a backup of my ROM and install this one. If I do a backup, my apps in the SD Card will be lost?

Guest hugobosslives

I know. I asked because I am going to do a battery calibration with this ROM. And was wondering of changing to this one. Anyway I can do a backup of my ROM and install this one. If I do a backup, my apps in the SD Card will be lost?

nope. the ext partitions are backed up providing your using a type that your clockwork version supports.

in short, they will be kept if your using something normal like ext2/3