[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest hugobosslives

i know it's a little off topic but i want make a patch.zip with all my apps,kernel,tweaks,... includes

how can i do that? Can i get an existing zip and paste all the files i want ?

kind of....

you can take an existing zip and replace with what you want. but the structure of the zip has to be perfect.

for example system apps must go in /system/app. whereas framework goes in /system/framework. etc etc. its pretty logical

tho you also have to include a folder /META-INF/com/google/android. this is where you provide the update binary and script for clockwork to tell it what to do.

basically, have a read on google on how they work and look at some examples. :D

Guest jul57640

@hugobosslives

thanks i've just test this and it's working :D

i have search on google but your explain is better

you made my day

Guest sui785

It never worked in previous releases also.......did it ? WIFI tethering is not working on CFX

Open Garden WiFi tethering used to work fine but now it doesn't work anymore. :S

It worked for me on the last few builds with Wifi Tether for Root Users app:

https://play.google....S50ZXRoZXIiXQ..

Thanks this works fine! :D

Guest cooler11

I tested several apps for wifi tethering.

The strange thing about them is that the same program seemed to work properly in an area with little population, and not functioning in areas that are crowded!

Maybe something going on with the channels. I declare it and I hope that this fact, maybe could help somebody here to fix it.

Guest Redstarr1

Which date to be exact ? I might switch back to this if wifi tethering works........

I've installed the app on C3C0's 20-05 build and it worked for me on both 26-05 and 31-05 as well. Not really sure if I tried it on the 31-05 build and my phone is in repairs so I can't verify it, but I'm pretty sure. With C3C0's S3 kernel on all of those builds by the way.

Guest creedence

Made a new update with the kernel containing the volume boost I recently made for CM7 ROMs together

with freshly compiled libmedia.so containing my change to volume scaling.

This should improve the volume slightly. Does not affect IN-CALL-VOLUME.

Just media through speaker and headphones.

It can be found in my S3 topic here: http://www.modaco.co...anogenmod-roms/

It is really great. The volume is better.

Thank you very much

Guest razzmataz1478

Is that S Voice? I could only ask it one thing and then it didn't want to listen to me. It's a pretty big file though isn't it?

Guest Dukelord

Ok, I see it now. Thanks. Pls can anyone recommend a good sd card file explorer app for me for this rom. Am surprised one isn't included by default.

Guest XMasterNinni
Ok, I see it now. Thanks. Pls can anyone recommend a good sd card file explorer app for me for this rom. Am surprised one isn't included by default.

ES File Explorer

Guest Redstarr1

The rom barely fits on a 200mb system partition, including a file explorer would require an even bigger partition. Better to keep everything in system to the bare minimum. I like Mi File Explorer. It's not on the market, but it's also the explorer in H3 Blues and Atomicmod. You can get the .apk here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1523691

Guest Dukelord

The rom barely fits on a 200mb system partition, including a file explorer would require an even bigger partition. Better to keep everything in system to the bare minimum. I like Mi File Explorer. It's not on the market, but it's also the explorer in H3 Blues and Atomicmod. You can get the .apk here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1523691

Thanks. let me try it.

Guest Dukelord

I've downloaded it, but how do I access the apk file once its on my sd card to execute it? Also can you pls recommend a good easy task killer and mobile data switch (instant on/off)?

Guest Redstarr1

I've downloaded it, but how do I access the apk file once its on my sd card to execute it? Also can you pls recommend a good easy task killer and mobile data switch (instant on/off)?

Ah you didn't download it with your phone's browser, it would be easy to run it then. Well I always also download Androzip free from the Market, that's got a built in explorer as well.

For task killing I just use ICS's multitasking (long press home button and then you can swipe the apps off your screen) and mobile data switching can be done with the notification bar. Separate apps for that is not really necessary I think..

Guest hugobosslives

just click it. it will ask you if you want to install.

you dont need a task killer. this is ics. and anyway you can use 'hold home button' and then kill by swiping.

data switch can be done in status bar have a look at the settings.

if you have anymore non rom related questions please ask in another thread :D

edit: ^ beat me to it

Edited by hugobosslives

hi can any body help me get games working with this rom it seems no matter what game i install it always says its stoped working they ether dont start or i play them for i min or two then it stops i love this rom and dont want to get rid as i;ve just got every thing set the way i like it please help