[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest razzmataz1478

New update today.

If you haven't already compiled:

Could you include Konsta's built in navigation bar toggle please? :)

Guest gavin.19

I tried updating to C3C0's build from a few days back (wiping cache/formatting system/keeping data) but it gave an error at the end about not having enough space (something about extras). Seems that CM9 has less room to work with. Even if I'm installing new apps, I'll have to do 2-3 at once, then link them to SD/clear cache to make more room before I can carry on. With CM7 I can install far more without needing to make space. Is there a better way to set up partitions for CFX to work around this (TPT?). Sometimes even if the linker (Droidsail) says I have 40-50MB free, I'll still get the 'insufficient space' warning.

Ideally I'd like to be able to update CFX without needing to go for a clean wipe/format every time.

Cheers.

Guest razzmataz1478

I tried updating to C3C0's build from a few days back (wiping cache/formatting system/keeping data) but it gave an error at the end about not having enough space (something about extras). Seems that CM9 has less room to work with. Even if I'm installing new apps, I'll have to do 2-3 at once, then link them to SD/clear cache to make more room before I can carry on. With CM7 I can install far more without needing to make space. Is there a better way to set up partitions for CFX to work around this (TPT?). Sometimes even if the linker (Droidsail) says I have 40-50MB free, I'll still get the 'insufficient space' warning.

Ideally I'd like to be able to update CFX without needing to go for a clean wipe/format every time.

Cheers.

Firstly, it still installs even if it runs out of space for extras.

Secondly, when you update you have never needed to format data.

Guest gavin.19

Firstly, it still installs even if it runs out of space for extras.

Secondly, when you update you have never needed to format data.

Yeah, it worked ok, but I thought I was missing something with the extras not being installed. Do you know what the extras are exactly?

I didn't format the data partition and the linked apps all worked ok. Saved me a ton of time at the Play store.

Guest creedence
Release postponed till tomorrow since I'm working in some good new features.

Please, can tomorrow be too! Just take it easy! Thanks. :lol:

Guest e.miron

This is a dead thread now....no new updates or anything.....either someone will say cannot install or someone will say how to install....

Nobody is keeping you to this forum or to CFX.

Please stop annoying Tilal with childish whinning and ask for updates every 15 minutes. .

As far as I can see it, an update every week is already a bit much because one needs a few days with a ROM to test it, to feel how it works etc. I would be scared with daily updates and probably will take one every 2 weeks or so.

Guest e.miron

Release postponed till tomorrow since I'm working in some good new features.

Take your time, no hurry here, better wait a bit and get a better product.

Anyway, just three days since C3c0's build, still trying to untangle the bits :)

Edited by e.miron

Guest creedence
This is a dead thread now....no new updates or anything.....either someone will say cannot install or someone will say how to install....

You're joking, right? Can you build me a new rom?

You have time until tomorrow!

Edited by creedence

Guest SingleWolf

Maybe is a good idea to set an fixed "snapshot release day" as some developers do to stop everyday questions "when?".

tilal, ceco

So you now use more than one launcher for your builds, it's possible to move launcher from ROM into external add-on package to let user decide which one to be installed?

Guest jtharmor

Those who replied to my comments...........dead thread means the ROM is super stable without any further fixes...........you guys suck big time.......take a chill pill !!

Even after making a separate discussion thread some people ask same questions over and over again........they need to leave this thread not me.......

Edited by jtharmor

Guest Dukelord

Those who replied to my comments...........dead thread means the ROM is super stable without any further fixes...........you guys suck big time.......take a chill pill !!

Even after making a separate discussion thread some people ask same questions over and over again........they need to leave this thread not me.......

I agree with you. Tilal does an amazing job. No doubt about that, we skate owners are lucky. But you also have a lot of ass kissers down here. Mr. Goody-two shoes. lol

Guest jtharmor

I agree with you. Tilal does an amazing job. No doubt about that, we skate owners are lucky. But you also have a lot of ass kissers down here. Mr. Goody-two shoes. lol

Lol......yeah that's what i am saying this thread is full of s*** now......new jokers have taken over.....ppl like Pedro, etc have left.....

Guest csuzlee

Hi Guys,

I just installed this rom, and anything works fine, except, that I cannot move application to the SD card. Any idea?

Thanks!

Guest IaMHcG

Hi,

After flashing this ROM, my over all performance is quite laggy. Every time I touch the screen, it waits for a pulse to respond. Is it only me or is it anything I should adjust to make it run smoother?

The phone still remains in the status as it just flashed.

Thanks for any advice.

Guest ukgnome

Finally I decided to install, as so many have suggested the ROM is now very stable.

Lovin the work that has gone into this. Super smooth transitions, and very quick interface. So far battery has lasted ages. And now some apps (such as nat west banking) are now back available. My only gripe is no radio, but lets be honest I didn't buy a phone to listen to the radio.

Guest mrrog

Finally I decided to install, as so many have suggested the ROM is now very stable.

Lovin the work that has gone into this. Super smooth transitions, and very quick interface. So far battery has lasted ages. And now some apps (such as nat west banking) are now back available. My only gripe is no radio, but lets be honest I didn't buy a phone to listen to the radio.

And this is what I don't understand, tillal says everything is working except HQ youtube and camera panorama, and now it appears no radio, never mind the whole issue about a torch utility (as someone who loves to listen to fm radio by torchlight).

The last thing I would want to do is piss off the likes of tillal and the other developers, they are clearly integral to the forum, but for the life of me some sort of datum measure/comparison of roms seems an obvious need to me.

Guest Dukelord

can anyone pls recommend a good task manager widget like GO Task Manager. GO Task Manager requires GO Launcher to work and I dont want to install GO launcher. I need something that appears on the home screen as a widger like GO Task manager showing all the currently running apps so I can easily manage for more resources (CPU and memory).

Guest Redstarr1

can anyone pls recommend a good task manager widget like GO Task Manager. GO Task Manager requires GO Launcher to work and I dont want to install GO launcher. I need something that appears on the home screen as a widger like GO Task manager showing all the currently running apps so I can easily manage for more resources (CPU and memory).

I just use the ICS built-in multitasking (long press home and slide away the app you want to close). I think all you really need to do is be able to close apps, information about memory usage is all redundant, it doesn't do you any good to know that you still have 100mb of free ram. But there's literally 100's of apps that do this, like Advanced Task Killer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rechild.advancedtaskkiller&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLnJlY2hpbGQuYWR2YW5jZWR0YXNra2lsbGVyIl0., or Gemini App Manager (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seasmind.android.gmappmgr&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLnNlYXNtaW5kLmFuZHJvaWQuZ21hcHBtZ3IiXQ.). I love the look of ICS Task Manager Widget (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jt.taskmanager.widget&hl=nl) but that's a paid app..

Those apps all do basically the same thing, whichever you choose, I'd just pick the one that looks best :P.

Guest e.miron

Gr8 my comments are effective....

Yeah, right, all Tilal is doing is waiting for your approval to release a new build.

And by the way, dead thread means without activity for a very long time. This thread is as alive as one can be.